FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Should Harry Have Gotten Involved?

<<

Avis Oppugno

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 8th, 2012, 1:07 am

Should Harry Have Gotten Involved?

Harry is really good at staying out of Ron and Hermione's relationship which, for the most part, i think is a good idea. He is friends with both of them so it would be hard not to betray either of them.

But there is one instance where i wonder if he should have said something.

Ron stops speaking to Hermione after he learns from Ginny about the kiss she shared with Victor. Hermione is hurt and has no idea why he isn't talking to her. Harry does. It even says in the book 'if only she knew it was because...'

If Harry had just told Hermione about what Ginny said, things would have been completely different.

Do you think he should have said something?
<<

Arabella

Arabella
Arabella

Post January 8th, 2012, 7:38 am

I think she would have still been upset that he was mad at her over something so trivial and in the past.
Hufflepuff Prefect
<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post January 12th, 2012, 7:37 pm

I think it's best that Harry stayed out of it. Ron was mad at something Hermione did that was two years ago and something he had no right to be mad over, anyway. Like Arabella said, how would Harry telling Hermione what Ron was mad about supposed to help matters?
<<

Avis Oppugno

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 12th, 2012, 7:46 pm

I do think Harry was right to stay out of it. But, if Hermione had found out that Ron had been jealous maybe it would have helped her to know that he liked her too. And maybe she could have done something about that.

Oh wait, (smacks forehead) this is Rona and Hermione we are talking about! They never get anything right until the world is about to end.
<<

hayden_potter

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 20th, 2012, 10:57 am

If Harry had told Hermione the reason, then Ron would have been mad at Harry for breaking his trust. Harry did the right thing.
<<

Avis Oppugno

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 25th, 2012, 2:01 am

hayden_potter wrote:If Harry had told Hermione the reason, then Ron would have been mad at Harry for breaking his trust. Harry did the right thing.

I dont think this was a matter of Harry keeping an explicit secret. Harry would never betray trust like that. But Harry is Hermione's friend too and he saw how hurt and confused she was by Ron's behaviour. He could have helped her out.

I am still not saying he should have...
<<

torrent56

First Year
First Year

Post February 28th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Re: Should Harry Have Gotten Involved?

Harry definitely should have helped Hermione to work out what was happening. This is especially because we do not even know whether Hermione has snogged Krum in GoF. He should have given her a chance to resolve the issue themselves. It was pretty inconsiderate of him to not to and Ron would not even need to know that Harry told Hermione (it could be from Ginny for example).
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post February 28th, 2017, 10:39 pm

He should have told her. Then again I'm surprised Harry didn't just take the year off to escape his two best friends that year. It was like he was suddenly thrown into an episode of Grange Hill or something. I know JKR was trying to make the book more realistic, but it was just jarring because the subject of sex and relationships had been pretty much absent from the prior stories.
<<

MarsUltor

Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Post July 4th, 2017, 8:52 pm

I'm still thinking that Harry was a git in 6th book about his best friends. He knew they loved each other. He should've just intervened and make them a couple 1.5 year earlier.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post July 4th, 2017, 10:17 pm

^ how?
<<

MarsUltor

Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Post July 6th, 2017, 4:27 am

''Hey Ron, Hermione loves you. Go talk to her or I'll hex you'' is a good start.
<<

Monox D. I-Fly

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post July 6th, 2017, 12:14 pm

MarsUltor wrote:''Hey Ron, Hermione loves you. Go talk to her or I'll hex you'' is a good start.

If Hermione heard that, they wouldn't be friends anymore.
The Most Legendary Anti-Hero in Literature History

Return to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince