FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thoughts on Percy Weasley?

<<

MudbloodRavenclaw

Muggle
Muggle

Post July 9th, 2017, 10:46 pm

Thoughts on Percy Weasley?

I don't think I'm alone in saying that, up until Order of the Phoenix, Percy is an insufferable loon. He's a narrow-minded git with fairly obvious autocratic tendencies, but until book five, he seemed relatively harmless.

In Order of the Phoenix, he gets so wrapped up in the Ministry (and his ideas of what success and power mean) that he abandons his family, literally the people who raised him, in favor of a government body whose main purpose, at this point, is to hold the status quo. What gives? I understand Percy is annoying as all hell, but what possesses a person to leave behind their entire family in favor of maybe, MAYBE getting a promotion at work? Does he have illusions of grandeur? Thoughts?
<<

curiosity

Alchemist
Alchemist

Post July 9th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Re: Thoughts on Percy Weasley?

Percy, at least in the early books, is obsessed with rules and obedience. The rest of the family not so much. Arthur has his muggle artifacts. Fred and George are the ultimate rule breakers. And Rob keeps helping Harry break the rules.

At the ministry Percy has a place where rules and obedience are strictly unforced.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post July 29th, 2017, 9:51 am

Re: Thoughts on Percy Weasley?

Unless its knocking out a mountain troll, third floor corridor and chamber of secrets.
Even Hermione said the Polyjuice potion was breaking school rules and entering the Slytherin common room was rule breaking.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.

Return to Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix