FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

It's funny to me how much the Slytherin's still loved Krum

<<

Nikaday

Third Year
Third Year

Post January 26th, 2017, 8:45 pm

It's funny to me how much the Slytherin's still loved Krum

It wasn't just seen in the book but in the film as well. Pretty much all of the Slytherin's were rooting for Krum during the Triwizard Tournament. Even toward the end of the book/film they were cheering for him during the third task. (In the movie you see Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle shouting for him to win, and Crabbe had the name Krum painted on his forehead). And here we have many Slytherin's especially Malfoy who are known to hate muggleborns, and yet Krum is partially dating Hermione. It was an EXTREMELY obvious fact that he took Hermione to the Yule Ball and hanging around her for a lot of the book/film. But still, Malfoy and the other Slytherin's continue to fanboy/fangirl for him.

Doesn't anyone else find it both odd and funny that they loved him so much and yet they had to have known he was the date of Hermione, a known "mudblood". You'd think they would have started to hate him or think of him as a "traitor" ....... but they didn't.
"Their flesh shall nourish yours, their blood shall flow within you, as the beetle nourishes the lark so shall human nourish vampire."
<<

Sylvia

Squib
Squib

Post January 27th, 2017, 10:31 am

Re: It's funny to me how much the Slytherin's still loved Kr

I don't think they really cared who he was dating... He is a celebrity and that's all that mattered to them. Plus, they hated the fact that Harry was in the Tournament and probably supported Krum cause they thought he was the only one that could beat him.
Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself
<<

Nikaday

Third Year
Third Year

Post January 27th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Yeah, all of that is true, but it still seems funny and weird. Especially since someone like Malfoy absolutely hated Hermione and anything associated with her, so you'd still think that Krum actually being with her would make any of the hateful Slytherin's (of course not all Slytherin's are bad) not like him anymore.
"Their flesh shall nourish yours, their blood shall flow within you, as the beetle nourishes the lark so shall human nourish vampire."
<<

Sylvia

Squib
Squib

Post January 27th, 2017, 6:04 pm

You're right about that, it is a bit strange, but he was their idol, so they pretty much justified whatever he was doing. Maybe they thought he was using "the muddblood" to win the Tournament or something. I honestly had never given that so much thought, but I think it makes some sense.
Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire