FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

In 1981

<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post November 16th, 2016, 1:33 pm

In 1981

Sirius Black allowed Hagrid to borrow his motorbike.
Hagrid told Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall.
If Sirius was going to kill Harry he wouldn't let Hagrid borrow his motorbike with to fly Harry to Privet Drive.

Hagrid, Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall don't you think they should've known that Sirius wasn't going to kill Harry allowing Harry to leave Godric Hollow to Privet Drive.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

harryfan95

First Year
First Year

Post November 16th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Re: In 1981

I believe the conversation the teachers have in the pub halfway through the book has Hagrid stating that he couldn't believe Sirius had done something like that. He said that Sirius had givin him the bike and said, "I won't be needing it anymore. Keep it." Hagrid could tell that something was bothering Sirius.

In the first edition of the first book, Hagrid says that he's going to bring the bike back to Sirius. But after fans of the series nitpicked about the "contradiction" (because Sirius told Hagrid to keep the bike), it was revised so that Hagrid says "I best get this bike away." In reality, I don't see this as a contradiction at all. Hagrid could tell the Sirius was bothered by something, so that when he said, "keep the bike," Hagrid didn't feel as if he really meant that. Harris knew that Sirius was upset about something, and therefore he felt he should return the bik regardless of what he was told to do. He goes to return the bike, and discovers that Sirius was a bad guy, and didn't need the bike anymore, since he would be in Azkaban. That's when he finds out.

This is all speculation of mine, or course. But every little bit helps.
"HARRY! DID YA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET A FIYA?" he asked calmly.

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban