FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lupin on the Hogwarts Express...

<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post May 18th, 2017, 5:32 am

Re: Lupin on the Hogwarts Express...

starfinch wrote:I like the idea of Lupin riding the train for nostalgia reasons. He may have been too ill to Apparate, but I don't see why he couldn't have traveled by Floo powder, and if he was on the train as a precautionary measure, I don't think he would have been irresponsible enough to fall asleep.

He might be quite tired from a recent full moon, however... remember how his clothes were ripped... he likely didn't mean to fall asleep.
(he/she/they)
<<

starfinch

Muggle
Muggle

Post May 21st, 2017, 1:32 am

GellertGPhoenix wrote:
starfinch wrote:I like the idea of Lupin riding the train for nostalgia reasons. He may have been too ill to Apparate, but I don't see why he couldn't have traveled by Floo powder, and if he was on the train as a precautionary measure, I don't think he would have been irresponsible enough to fall asleep.

He might be quite tired from a recent full moon, however... remember how his clothes were ripped... he likely didn't mean to fall asleep.

That's definitely possible. But then why would Dumbledore ask Lupin to protect the students if he was still recovering from a recent full moon?

I just really like the idea of him riding the train for the nostalgia reasons because I have this headcanon where Lupin had always wanted to be a professor since his school days -- his full title "Professor R.J. Lupin" was in "worn, peeling letters" on his briefcase in the third book (despite the fact he had just gotten the DADA teaching position) because during their school years together, the Marauders had gotten him that briefcase as a vote of confidence. And when Lupin finally became a professor at Hogwarts, he wanted to ride the train there to relive his times with them, which were the happiest of his life.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post May 24th, 2017, 3:50 pm

I think he rode the train for nostalgia and to maybe catch a glimpse of harry.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban