FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

If Pettigrew hadn't been discovered

<<

lamathe04

Shop Owner
Shop Owner

Post September 18th, 2011, 1:21 pm

If Pettigrew hadn't been discovered

If Pettigrew hadn't been hunted down by Sirius, would he have lived out the rest of his life happily with the Weasleys or do you think he would have returned to Voldemort?
I should warn you, I look damn good in a tutu.
<<

Nucky Luciano

Heir of Slytherin
Heir of Slytherin

Post September 19th, 2011, 7:53 am

He would live a long life.. And Sirius would rott in prison.. But story would be boring if Sirius wouldn't found Pettigrew.. :D
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
<<

Auror123

Squib
Squib

Post September 19th, 2011, 4:26 pm

He would go to the Voldemort certainly.
"Mr. Riddle was a quiet, albeit brilliant boy, committed to becoming a first rate wizard. Not unlike many I have taught. Not unlike yourself. If there was a monster, it was buried deep within."

Horace Slughorn

<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post November 1st, 2011, 2:24 am

Re: If Pettigrew hadn't been discovered

lamathe04 wrote:If Pettigrew hadn't been hunted down by Sirius, would he have lived out the rest of his life happily with the Weasleys or do you think he would have returned to Voldemort?

Good question! I think he would have returned to Voldemort. if anything, Voldemort offered him power. Also, the Weasleys and Hogwarts were constantly surrounded by protection charms and such, I wonder if any of them would have affected him. THAT would have been awkward lol.
<<

sousou.29

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 1st, 2011, 4:07 pm

For my part, he'll join the Dark Lord looking for his protection
Perhaps , the story 'll be fantastic weither they could reach the castle and that the ministry captures pettigrow.
<<

Love

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 23rd, 2012, 2:56 am

I still think he would've gone to Voldemort eventually but only if Sirius had still escaped from Azkaban. He started acting sickly and jumpy once he heard the news that Sirius was on the loose and only ran that night to prevent himself from getting the dementor's kiss. If none of that would've happened I believe he would have lived the rest of his days with the Weasley's and only returned to Voldemort if he somehow came to power again.
<<

Wintromp

Muggle
Muggle

Post April 9th, 2012, 10:52 am

Sirius, I think it was, had said Pettigrew was just hiding out, until he heard an inkling that Voldemort came to power again. When that happened, he'd have killed Harry, then take him to the Dark Lord as an offering of forgiveness.

Voldemort might have come to power some other way, but it may have taken a different means and someone else to fulfill that task.
<<

MegaRemusLupin

Squib
Squib

Post May 5th, 2012, 3:28 am

Wintromp wrote:Sirius, I think it was, had said Pettigrew was just hiding out, until he heard an inkling that Voldemort came to power again. When that happened, he'd have killed Harry, then take him to the Dark Lord as an offering of forgiveness.

Voldemort might have come to power some other way, but it may have taken a different means and someone else to fulfill that task.

Exactly what I was going to say.
~Luna, Hermione and Lupin are simply the best~
<<

Nynaeve

Jennifer
Jennifer

Post January 4th, 2013, 4:25 am

Question

So Fred and George had the marauders map for awhile. Did they never see Peter Pettigrew, like Harry had? Ron had Scabbers and was at Hogwarts when f & g had the map. Apparently not, and maybe they wouldn't have even remembered Peter's name or the story of Sirius. Or maybe if they had seen the name, they may have thought the map wasn't working just like Harry did.
Thanks Naz
<<

hayden_potter

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 23rd, 2013, 9:35 am

Re:

Jayfer wrote:Question

So Fred and George had the marauders map for awhile. Did they never see Peter Pettigrew, like Harry had? Ron had Scabbers and was at Hogwarts when f & g had the map. Apparently not, and maybe they wouldn't have even remembered Peter's name or the story of Sirius. Or maybe if they had seen the name, they may have thought the map wasn't working just like Harry did.

I don't think the Marauder's Map is large enough to show every person's individual bed in the dormitory. If Fred and George HAD seen Pettigrew's name on the map, they probably just would have thought Peter Pettigrew was the name of another student in Harry's and Ron's year...
<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post January 27th, 2013, 7:03 am

Re:

JKR answered this.... it was on her website before they revamped it.

Fred and George didn't know who Peter Pettigrew was. For all they knew he was a fellow Gryffindor or something. He was just a dot on the map and not something they would have bothered with.
<<

Nynaeve

Jennifer
Jennifer

Post January 27th, 2013, 9:45 am

Re: Re:

GinnyX wrote:

JKR answered this.... it was on her website before they revamped it.

Fred and George didn't know who Peter Pettigrew was. For all they knew he was a fellow Gryffindor or something. He was just a dot on the map and not something they would have bothered with.

It's a good thing that map wasn't too detailed or they'd have see Peter in Ron's bed.
Thanks Naz
<<

hayden_potter

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 29th, 2013, 6:53 am

We all need to remember - Pettigrew is the one who found Voldemort and ultimately brought him back to power. In fact, he is the ONLY Death Eather to do that. If Pettigrew had never been found out, would any other Death Eater have sought out Voldemort to bring him back to power? I'd go so far as to say no - it had been fourteen years, and the only Death Eaters who had tried in the past were safely locked away in Azkaban, apart from Barty Crouch Jr. And we need to remember that it was only because of Pettigrew that Voldemort was able to extract the information about Barty Crouch Jr being alive and out of Azkaban.

So I think that if Pettigrew hadn't escaped, he would have happily stayed as Ron's rat, Voldemort would have stayed in his vapor form, Barty Jr would have stayed under the Imperius Curse, and the series would have ended there :P
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 11th, 2016, 4:05 pm

If Sirius hadn't seen the photo of The Weasleys with Pettigrew in Egypt or if it had been next weeks Daily Prophet or The Evening Prophet.
Sadly Sirius would've been stuck in Azkaban. Guessing Pettigrew would stay as Scabbers, Ron wouldn't be given the owl Pigwidgeon.

Fourth Year- Scabbers he's just useless now, my family are just saying he's getting old.
Cedric didn't die, and Pettigrew hasn't been found, so Voldemort won't return. Frank, the Riddle's gardener didn't die either.
Harry wouldn't have them dreams.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post September 12th, 2016, 1:12 pm

Re:

Nynaeve wrote:Question

This makes me think that if Sirius never found out, the role of discovering Wormtails existence would've gone to Lupin (in that 3rd year) or perhaps Dumbledore, via the Marauders Map.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 12th, 2016, 8:00 pm

It's a huge plot hole that Fred and George never saw Peter on the map or that if they did (JKRs retcon explination) that they just didn't recognise the name so it made no difference. He was Percy's rat before he was Ron's and you can't convince me that Gred and Forge never pranked Percy. So what if they didn't know who PP was, they would still see a guy called PP in Percy's dorm etc.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 19th, 2016, 6:02 pm

Peter just a guy they didn't know who he was.

Oh everything is a plothole, the script book (which has been compared to Star Wars prequels, is Voldie's daughter the Jar-Jar?).
and if its an interview then its fanfiction.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 19th, 2016, 8:25 pm

If I saw that some unknown bloke was in my brothers bed every night it would certainly set off a few bells in my head.... Maybe you live in a very different world.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 5th, 2016, 8:15 pm

1.They could've just thought the map was playing pranks on Ron or Percy (a man in his bed or maybe even though they might've thought the name was like the name of a tiny creature smaller than a rat not a spider being Ron's fear it would be gone straight on his first night. That crawled into Ron/Percy's bed and lived there and wouldn't leave it was stubborn. Where would it get its name? I dunno someone similar to Hagrid liked creatures named it, they never told their brothers. - farfetched I know but just another idea.) I mean did they know the map never lied, did they know the whole story at the time including the creators of the map.
2.Why the hell would we want to look into our other brothers dormitories. Yes Fred and George are known to tease, play pranks. But go that far?
Did they ever go into Ron's home bedroom for a prank. I just remember the apparating in Grimmauld place.
3.All of this Fred and George looking into their brother's dormitory is just another thing similar to Ginny Weasley is a violent bulling slut. But on the other hand she is a practically perfect in everyway Mary-Sue.
4.I wonder if The Worst Witch fandom has ever said anything about Miss Hardbroom entering Mildred's bedroom.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban