No votes

Total votes : 130
<<

Yasahiro

First Year
First Year

Post December 26th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Re: Sirius

He seems to be among the favorite characters for almost everyone and for me that's not different. I liked him in both movie and book. It's partially the reason why poc was my favorite movie and book. It makes you really wonder what happened during the time the marauders attended Hogwarts from 1971 onwards. Still searching for a good fanfic that can fill that gap in the story for me.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post January 31st, 2015, 4:36 pm

I like Sirius in both the books and the movies. He's so awesome and one of the best characters in the harry potter series.
<<

Monox D. I-Fly

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post January 5th, 2017, 4:04 pm

I hate Sirius because I hate bullies. I hate all of the Marauders except for Lupin.
The Most Legendary Anti-Hero in Literature History
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 6th, 2017, 1:50 am

I love the Marauders because I like good guys. Except Pettigrew, since he was a bad guy.
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 6th, 2017, 3:48 am

If I were at school with them I probably would have had a love/hate with the marauders. I hate pranks and bullies (though some of their "bullying" is much more complicated than people make it out to be I think) but I like intelligent, funny people. I think they were actually better alone than together.
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 6th, 2017, 4:49 am

I think I would have been one of them. I agree that the "bullying" is vastly misrepresented. They were arrogant and cocky, and they did perform spells and hexes on people, but I think in many cases other than Snape and other Slytherins, this was looked on with amusement by all. Hexing someone to the wizarding world is probably like making fun of someone in the muggle world, and sometimes you can make fun of people and everyone enjoys the give and take. Like Fred and George leaving a Canary Cluster out and Neville eating it. Even Neville enjoyed it. In the Snape/Slytherin case, I think there were probably enough times that Snape and a couple Slytherins teamed up on one Marauder that the "bullying" as Snape made it out to seem, and that we saw in Snape's Worst Memory was more like an ongoing war, with many battles won/lost and instigated by both sides. Although by Lupin's recount, James and Sirius were probably better at catching Snape 2 on 1 than he was at catching them outnumbered. A benefit to having close friendships. Gotcher back, Jack.
>>>Image<<<
<<

Monox D. I-Fly

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post January 7th, 2017, 4:38 am

Bucko wrote:I think I would have been one of them. I agree that the "bullying" is vastly misrepresented. They were arrogant and cocky, and they did perform spells and hexes on people, but I think in many cases other than Snape and other Slytherins, this was looked on with amusement by all.

That's because Snape was the Butt Monkey, wasn't it? Everybody laughs at him. Now what if those who were amused were the ones being hexed instead? Would they take it well?
The Most Legendary Anti-Hero in Literature History
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 7th, 2017, 6:20 am

AS I said, I think that in most cases, if the Marauder's were hexing those from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, the hexing was taken in jest. Similarly to when I was in high school and those of us that liked each other made fun of each other constantly, and we all enjoyed it.
>>>Image<<<
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban