FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Marauders Map Theory

<<

UnhollyKittn

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 12th, 2017, 7:04 am

Marauders Map Theory

Remus stated that he saw, on the map, that Harry and Hermione went to the womping willow. But after they used the time turner, he should have spotted 2 harries!

Theory: The map was confused and only showed the first Harry...?
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post March 27th, 2017, 2:38 am

Re: Marauders Map Theory

UnhollyKittn wrote:Remus stated that he saw, on the map, that Harry and Hermione went to the womping willow. But after they used the time turner, he should have spotted 2 harries!

Theory: The map was confused and only showed the first Harry...?

Maybe the map only shows the present timeline characters.
(he/she/they)
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post March 28th, 2017, 12:17 am

The second Harry and Hermione were hiding in the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest. While Lupin was focused on the trio going to Hagrid's Hut, then leaving accompanied by Peter Pettigrew and then being attacked by Sirius Black, I am sure there are many names and dots he failed to look at and realize. Why would he be looking in the Forbidden Forest at all in this situation? He was specifically monitoring Harry, so as he followed him to Hagrid's he would have no reason to look anywhere else and recognize anyone else doing anything else, even if it was the same name.
>>>Image<<<
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post April 2nd, 2017, 11:19 pm

Bucko wrote:The second Harry and Hermione were hiding in the outskirts of the Forbidden Forest. While Lupin was focused on the trio going to Hagrid's Hut, then leaving accompanied by Peter Pettigrew and then being attacked by Sirius Black, I am sure there are many names and dots he failed to look at and realize. Why would he be looking in the Forbidden Forest at all in this situation? He was specifically monitoring Harry, so as he followed him to Hagrid's he would have no reason to look anywhere else and recognize anyone else doing anything else, even if it was the same name.

This could also be true, but one does tend to notice one's own name amongst many. I had another idea but I need a reference first, which I don't have on me.
(he/she/they)
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post April 3rd, 2017, 12:53 pm

That's not his own name.
>>>Image<<<
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post April 3rd, 2017, 2:23 pm

Bucko wrote:That's not his own name.

Ah whoops, my bad.

In any case, I just re-watched the third movie. (And yes, I know that this is a place for book discussion) I don't remember if this was in the book, actually. In the movie, the map had different folds, that revealed certain areas. So the fold for the Forbidden forest might not have been open.
(he/she/they)
<<

GinChaser

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post April 17th, 2017, 8:21 am

GellertGPhoenix wrote:
Bucko wrote:That's not his own name.

Ah whoops, my bad.

In any case, I just re-watched the third movie. (And yes, I know that this is a place for book discussion) I don't remember if this was in the book, actually. In the movie, the map had different folds, that revealed certain areas. So the fold for the Forbidden forest might not have been open.

I imagine that it would have to be similar to the movie one.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban