FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ginny's side of the story

<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1013

Joined: August 5th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Post February 16th, 2016, 12:22 pm

Ginny's side of the story

Would anyone ever read a story about Ginny and the diary.
Harry before Hogwarts. I read on Pottermore the magic starts at the age of seven.
A story about a Slytherin from their point of view. From when they get sorted into the house.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

The Fifth Marauder

User avatar

Auror
Auror

Posts: 2085

Joined: December 9th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Gender: Male

Post February 16th, 2016, 12:23 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I think a CoS story from Ginnys POV would be great. A real look at how she became possessed. Would learn a lot about Voldemort too.
Image
Image
Image
Image
<<

dreamer_x

User avatar

Tenth Doctor's Best Companion
Tenth Doctor's Best Companion

Posts: 2105

Joined: January 9th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 16th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I don't think we really need a story about Harry before Hogwarts. We get some information in PS, and I don't think it'd be that good a story to be honest.

CoS from Ginny's PoV would be interesting though.
Image
Image
Image
<<

Willow606

User avatar

Squib
Squib

Posts: 77

Joined: August 13th, 2016, 10:55 pm

Gender: Female

Post August 17th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I definitely would love to read a CoS from Ginny's PoV!

I agree that we get a good look at Harry before school in PS.

As for a Slytherin before they're put into their house I don't think it's really that different before any student gets put into their house.
Image
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 2119

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post August 17th, 2016, 11:56 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

That might make me like Ginny and the Weasleys even less to read it from herP POV.....
Image
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1013

Joined: August 5th, 2014, 8:02 pm

Post August 16th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I think there was a rumour once that there was going to be a play of Harry's life before Hogwarts.

Hey Ginny was a background character in the first four books, you might like her more and she was younger than books 5-7 Ginny.

An 11 year old will have a different behaviour than 14-16 year old. She was puberty Ginny in books 5-7.

Why do you hate the Weasleys?
Molly & Arthur - background characters. Molly was just a bossy, but caring mother. Arthur was fascinated with the Muggle world oh and the word Muggle has been around since the 1920s and used to mean "dim".
Bill - background character.
Charlie - background character.
Percy - background character.
Fred and George - Similar to Ginny background characters in books 1-3 but then the joke shop popped up in book 4. What they were doing wasn't hurting anyone. Seriously this is a world of re-growing bones with potions. Their prank of giving Ron an acid pop well why are they legally sold? Fred and George didn't invent them.
Ron - one of the trio.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

MarsUltor

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 652

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post August 16th, 2017, 9:02 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I'd love to and also I read some really great fanfictions depicting Ginny's first year, also later years.
<<

Lupine

User avatar

Muggle
Muggle

Posts: 23

Joined: August 26th, 2017, 1:23 pm

Location: Liverpool, England

Gender: Male

Post August 26th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Ginny is very anonymous until around the fifth book so the reader doesn't know much about her earlier years, meaning that it would be very interesting to see how much the diary did affect her and what sort of things she was writing about in it.

I wouldn't really care for hearing about Harry's life before Hogwarts since it's outside of the Wizarding World. It wouldn't feel the same.

I'd be quite interested in a story from a Slytherin's point of view because they do seem quite misunderstood. They're labelled evil as soon as they're put in the house without actually doing anything, which could actually lead them into such behaviour. How would they feel about this?
<<

MarsUltor

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 652

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post September 5th, 2017, 9:11 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I don't agree about Slyhterins being misunderstood.

All important/partially important Slyhterin characters (only except Horace Slughorn) were either evil or evil in the past.

Other Slyhterins are again either evil or neutral. Neutral stance in the final war is not enough to make them misunderstood for me.
<<

SlytherChic

User avatar

Muggle
Muggle

Posts: 18

Joined: November 9th, 2017, 4:36 am

Gender: Female

Post November 10th, 2017, 8:34 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

I wouldn't read anything from Ginny's POV. She's too much of a Mary Sue character for my liking.
<<

MarsUltor

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 652

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 12th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

She is not a Mary Sue, Hermione is definitely.
<<

Remustonks

First Year
First Year

Posts: 159

Joined: April 7th, 2016, 1:31 am

Gender: Female

Post November 30th, 2017, 2:47 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

MarsUltor wrote:She is not a Mary Sue, Hermione is definitely.


I agree with what you say. Hermione is. Even more so in the movies. I really have come to dislike Hermione. COS from Ginny's point of view would be nice.
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13954

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 30th, 2017, 4:03 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Remustonks wrote:
MarsUltor wrote:She is not a Mary Sue, Hermione is definitely.


I agree with what you say. Hermione is. Even more so in the movies. I really have come to dislike Hermione. COS from Ginny's point of view would be nice.


Well, Hermione was "the brightest witch of her age," but I agree, she shouldn't have been given beauty on top of all of those things, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

Ladybug06

Squib
Squib

Posts: 77

Joined: January 28th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Location: USA

Gender: Female

Post February 5th, 2018, 4:45 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Hmm.. I guess hearing the story from Ginny's POV wold be rather interesting. As for hearing Harry's story before Hogwarts, well, for the way that it's written in canon, I don't think there is much to add onto Harry's story. However, I wrote a fan fiction series where Harry's mother survived and married Severus. I always thought that he should have been Harry's father anyway. I couldn't stand James, he was such an obnoxious jerk.
<<

MarsUltor

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 652

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post February 5th, 2018, 5:47 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Lily and Snape. Ewww.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 2119

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 5th, 2018, 8:33 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Ladybug06 wrote:Hmm.. I guess hearing the story from Ginny's POV wold be rather interesting. As for hearing Harry's story before Hogwarts, well, for the way that it's written in canon, I don't think there is much to add onto Harry's story. However, I wrote a fan fiction series where Harry's mother survived and married Severus. I always thought that he should have been Harry's father anyway. I couldn't stand James, he was such an obnoxious jerk.


Hmmmm, marry someone who's an obnoxious jerk but not a hateful bigot siding with people who want to kill YOU but leaves obnoxious jerkdom behind at about 16 to become a great guy you're deeply in love with, OR marry a different obnoxious jerk who's also a hateful bigot but will accept YOU because he's obsessed with you? Yes, hard question. :roll:
Image
<<

MarsUltor

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 652

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post February 5th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Severus Snape: A 17 year old Nazi symphatizer ready to kill for terror.

James Potter: Although an arrogant one, fights against the evil.

Very hard choice for Lily.
<<

Ladybug06

Squib
Squib

Posts: 77

Joined: January 28th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Location: USA

Gender: Female

Post February 6th, 2018, 12:35 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Now come on guys, I believe that Severus Snape was just simply misunderstood. After all, James bullied him for no reason and then stole his childhood friend AKA the girl that he was in love with away from him. You would be pretty messed up if something like that happened to you wouldn't you?
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 2119

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 6th, 2018, 3:30 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Ladybug06 wrote:Now come on guys, I believe that Severus Snape was just simply misunderstood. After all, James bullied him for no reason and then stole his childhood friend AKA the girl that he was in love with away from him. You would be pretty messed up if something like that happened to you wouldn't you?


Stole?! Lily isn't a piece of property. Snape's own actions drove her away from him. And who cared if he was in love with her, she was in no way in love with him. Being a hateful bigot who abuses children is not the proper response, or even an understandable one, just because your teenage crush didn't like you like that. As for bullied for no reason? Snape and his bigot friends gave as good as they got, if not worse.
Image
<<

MarsUltor

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 652

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post February 6th, 2018, 4:44 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Nevermind. Just a Snape fanboy.
<<

Ladybug06

Squib
Squib

Posts: 77

Joined: January 28th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Location: USA

Gender: Female

Post February 6th, 2018, 5:18 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

Stole?! Lily isn't a piece of property. Snape's own actions drove her away from him. And who cared if he was in love with her, she was in no way in love with him. Being a hateful bigot who abuses children is not the proper response, or even an understandable one, just because your teenage crush didn't like you like that. As for bullied for no reason? Snape and his bigot friends gave as good as they got, if not worse.[/quote]

Snape never abused children. He just didn't like children and as for the poster down below me if you're referring to me, I'm a girl. And I'm not really a fangirl of Snape, I just think that he's simply misunderstood. After all he did the right thing by helping Harry in the end.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 2119

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 6th, 2018, 8:22 am

Re: Ginny's side of the story

How he treated every pupil we ever saw him relate with was abusive. Highly.
Image

Return to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron