Dobby's warning

<<

Thomaspotter1

Muggle
Muggle

Post July 10th, 2017, 10:30 am

Dobby's warning

Hello everyone,

I am re-reading the series because i last read them when i was like 11. Now in CoS theres something bothering and im wondering why it haven't been bothering me before...

It's this:
Did lucius malfoy sent Dobby to prevent harry going to hogwarts or did dobby just went himself? (I ALWAYS thought lucius sent him idk why:$) How can dobby else know about the plans of opening the chamber of secrets? And why would he help harry?
And how would Lucius even know when to get rid of the diary and of the opening of the CoS?

I'm sorry if this is already asked and answered before.

Hope you guys can help me!
<<

MarsUltor

Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Post July 10th, 2017, 10:48 am

Re: Dobby's warning

I can answer all your questions. But it seems you didn't read books for a long time. I'm doing my ''I don't know how many time''th re-reading now, so here's some answers;

1) Dobby went himself to warn Harry against the actions of Lucius Malfoy. Lucius Malfoy didn't even know Dobby went to warn Harry until the confrontation in Dumbledore's office after the destruction of diary

2) Dobby, as a house-elf, is always underestimated by wizards, especially wizards with pure-blood mania. Lucius Malfoy and his family always behaved Dobby as a trash and never cared for him. Situation of house elves were really bad during the 1st Wizarding War. After baby Harry defeated Lord Voldemort, situation of house elves became much better (still problematic though). Dobby loves Harry Potter because of this.

3) Since Dobby is nothing but a servant for Malfoy family, Lucius Malfoy never considered him to do such things. Therefore, he didn't hesitate to voice his plans near Dobby. Normal house elves are very loyal to their families even when they are mistreated. Probably, Lucius Malfoy never expected Dobby to betray him.

4) Lucius didn't behave according to a detailed plan. As it is explained by Dumbledore later;

Lucius thought Voldemort is dead and he didn't feel loyal to his old, ''dead'' Master. Therefore, he didn't want to keep diary when Ministry started to raid accused-dark wizard houses for dark objects; Lucius just wanted to get rid of Lord Voldemort's teenage years diary.

While he is getting rid of this, he also wanted for his enemy in Ministry (Arthur Weasley, therefore Weasley family) to suffer because Arthur Weasley was conducting house raids. So he slipped the diary into Ginny Weasley's cauldron and hope that it will results with the destruction of Weasley family reputation when Lord Voldemort's diary is found within Ginny Weasley and it would be seemed like Ginny Weasley opened the Chamber of Secrets.

Any extra questions; write to any topic of any book or movie, or PM me.
<<

Thomaspotter1

Muggle
Muggle

Post July 10th, 2017, 11:14 am

Re: Dobby's warning

Yup very very long time.... :$

Really thanks for all your answers! Really appreciate it!

Return to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets