problems with Chamber of Secrets

<<

Danielsmith12

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 16th, 2017, 10:32 am

problems with Chamber of Secrets

Hi guys,
So I started to read the Harry Potter back in 1999.I determined to splurge the public holiday fracture reading the series all the way through for the more time, and I noticed myself receiving angrier with the hollow of Secrets. I found Dobby to be annoying and challenging, and my feelings to Lockhart were alike to that of Umbridge.So I searched information from the site harry writing service. Maybe it's because I'm reading the books as an adult, but I just don't remember finding these two characters as obnoxious on previous readings. Anyone else feels like the second book could be rewritten and made better?

(Link removed)
<<

UnhollyKittn

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 16th, 2017, 11:36 am

Re: problems with Chamber of Secrets

I had a simular thing, but that was because when reading the books as a kid (When PS came out, I was the same age as Harry was in the book...) it had a different feel to it.
I've seen the movies and am portraying the character of the movies onto the characters of the books, and thats wrong. Although the movies where based on the books, they should be seen as a whole different story! Each movie is a view of the director(s) based on the books...

But as for CoS goes, I think Dobby and especially Lockhart HAD to be annoying. Lockhart, coasting through life on other peoples successes, all talk and no action type of man.
Dobby was the representation of the duallity he struggled with that made him unlikable, IMHO.
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post January 18th, 2017, 3:35 am

UnhollyKittn wrote:I had a simular thing, but that was because when reading the books as a kid (When PS came out, I was the same age as Harry was in the book...) it had a different feel to it.
I've seen the movies and am portraying the character of the movies onto the characters of the books, and thats wrong. Although the movies where based on the books, they should be seen as a whole different story! Each movie is a view of the director(s) based on the books...

But as for CoS goes, I think Dobby and especially Lockhart HAD to be annoying. Lockhart, coasting through life on other peoples successes, all talk and no action type of man.
Dobby was the representation of the duallity he struggled with that made him unlikable, IMHO.

Personally I loved Dobby.(Even when he was annoying) Lockhart was gross though. I will agree that rereading the books when you are older does have a different feel to it. I was reading the start of the first book to a friend, and found that I kept wanting to say: "It's not as childish as it sounds, just wait." At the same time, the innocence and magic of the first few books are part of what I love about them. It's also nostalgic.
(he/she/they)
<<

Rosey678

Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin
Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin

Post February 19th, 2017, 3:42 am

Moved to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

GinChaser

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post March 14th, 2017, 2:41 pm

I find I get more out of them now that I'm an adult.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.

Return to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets