Console Advice

<<

Mirkprince

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Post August 1st, 2016, 5:57 am

Console Advice

Right!
So I've only ever been a PC gamer, but upon the crashing of my PC I have decided that I might branch out and buy a consul. Now comes the decision making part, I've played on an Xbox One but I haven't played on a PS4 (I have used a PS3 though). The price for the Xbox at the minute is cheaper, so I'm leaning in that direction. It's just that it's a pretty chunky consul and I would like something a little slimmer, on the plus side though you can play Halo on the Xbox and not on the PS. There's loads of other things to consider obviously, I'd love some advice from you guys ;)!

Thanks
Last edited by Mirkprince on August 2nd, 2016, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a flame from the darkness shall spring, renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." ~ Bilbo Baggins
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post August 2nd, 2016, 9:17 am

Re: Consul Advice

I have a PS4. I used to be have an Xbox but all my friends had a PlayStation, so in order to play online with them, I had to join the dark side.

I miss Halo a lot. Sony does have Uncharted, which is a very good game, but it's key USP of being free to play online disappeared when they started charging circa £40 a year when the PS4 was released.

I don't think there's a great deal of difference at all between them. Do you have friends that you can play online with? I'd basically just copy theirs :lol:

If you do go for a PS4, let me know.
<<

Mirkprince

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Post August 2nd, 2016, 9:43 am

Re: Consul Advice

The Fifth Marauder wrote:I have a PS4. I used to be have an Xbox but all my friends had a PlayStation, so in order to play online with them, I had to join the dark side.

I miss Halo a lot. Sony does have Uncharted, which is a very good game, but it's key USP of being free to play online disappeared when they started charging circa £40 a year when the PS4 was released.

I don't think there's a great deal of difference at all between them. Do you have friends that you can play online with? I'd basically just copy theirs :lol:

If you do go for a PS4, let me know.

Yeah a couple of my friends have Xbox One... so I'm thinking I'll go with that at the minute, also price-wise it's allot better right now. I really was tempted by the PS4 though, it looks so nice. What's it like in terms of updates? Does it require them often? I've heard that the Xbox One requires allot which kinda sucks, as our internet isn't fantastic.
I've gotta make a decision in the next few days, grr... another bloody annoying thing is the price of the controllers! I mean it's 40 odd dollars for a single extra controller, and I'm definitely going to get a spare controller because not being able to play with friends would be a bit frustrating.
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a flame from the darkness shall spring, renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." ~ Bilbo Baggins
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post August 2nd, 2016, 10:34 am

Re: Console Advice

Updates aren't that often, thankfully. If I had to estimate, i'd say there's probably an update every other month. They only take about 15 minutes to do (my Internet isn't great either :lol: ) so it's not too bad.

Controller price is absolutely ridiculous isn't it! I got my PS4 in January 2014 and thankfully am still on my existing free controller, but whenever I have people round I have to ask them to bring their own pads.

Do you think you'll purchase Xbox Live or PSN if you do get one?
<<

Mirkprince

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Post August 2nd, 2016, 3:39 pm

The Fifth Marauder wrote:Updates aren't that often, thankfully. If I had to estimate, i'd say there's probably an update every other month. They only take about 15 minutes to do (my Internet isn't great either :lol: ) so it's not too bad.

Controller price is absolutely ridiculous isn't it! I got my PS4 in January 2014 and thankfully am still on my existing free controller, but whenever I have people round I have to ask them to bring their own pads.

Do you think you'll purchase Xbox Live or PSN if you do get one?

It's so frustrating, I wish I could use my Xbox 360 controller ( I got one with a USB so I could play PES multiplayer on my PC) with it, a bit frustrating that I can't... ah well. Well I heard that Live doesn't cost anymore, but Live Gold does... I don't think I'll pay the extra right away, the console itself plus one or two games is going to just about clean me out as it is haha...

-- August 17th, 2016, 9:24 am --

So the decision has been made! XBOX ONE IT IS!

I'm getting it alongside a spare controller, FIFA 16 and COD Ghosts... it comes with Gears of War.
<<

Arlenlarge

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 10th, 2018, 6:24 am

I have both of the consoles Playstation and Xbox, but I usually play games on Xbox as I found all the games on the xbox are available at low price and in the discount rate. One of my good friends suggested me to buy Xbox live gold 12 monate kaufen from the official site of Press-start, as the subscription card of xbox allows gamers to buy variety of games at the best deal price.

Return to Video Games