FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

pokémon go

<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post August 23rd, 2016, 9:11 am

Re: pokémon go

I picked Instinct but did absolutely zero research. I kinda wish I had picked Mystic as the majority of the gyms around me are taken by them, and I want to leave my Pokemon there.

Currently a level 17. Got a 977CP Flareon 8) 2 others over 800CP and a few over 600CP. Quite pleased with how it's going. Caught 64, rarest is probably a Mr. Mime.
<<

Rosey678

Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin
Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin

Post August 23rd, 2016, 1:24 pm

The Fifth Marauder wrote:I picked Instinct but did absolutely zero research. I kinda wish I had picked Mystic as the majority of the gyms around me are taken by them, and I want to leave my Pokemon there.

Currently a level 17. Got a 977CP Flareon 8) 2 others over 800CP and a few over 600CP. Quite pleased with how it's going. Caught 64, rarest is probably a Mr. Mime.

Simple solution? Take the gym lol, besides isn't it more fun to have things to battle instead of just having your stuff everywhere. Believe me it's the same with Ingress, when you are the Resistance team and everything around you is blue (Resistance's color) it gets boring haha.

Most people don't do much research anyway, the description that comes up when you pick a team is pretty specific and helpful. I almost chose Instinct too, but I definitely belong on team Valor.
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post August 23rd, 2016, 1:38 pm

Rosey678 wrote:
The Fifth Marauder wrote:I picked Instinct but did absolutely zero research. I kinda wish I had picked Mystic as the majority of the gyms around me are taken by them, and I want to leave my Pokemon there.

Simple solution? Take the gym lol, besides isn't it more fun to have things to battle instead of just having your stuff everywhere. Believe me it's the same with Ingress, when you are the Resistance team and everything around you is blue (Resistance's color) it gets boring haha.

Most people don't do much research anyway, the description that comes up when you pick a team is pretty specific and helpful. I almost chose Instinct too, but I definitely belong on team Valor.

Gyms are taken by people with Pokemon well over 1000CP and there's usually 3 or 4 pokemon per gym, it's tough going. I've only taken one gym so far, it was pretty exciting tbf.
<<

Rosey678

Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin
Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin

Post August 23rd, 2016, 2:21 pm

That is true, Valor Gyms are especially hard to take; they apparently like to take gyms at night too.

Meh I'm still not sure if I will make the switch, team games always do this to me lol.
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post August 23rd, 2016, 11:26 pm

The Fifth Marauder wrote:Caught 64, rarest is probably a Mr. Mime.

You have Mr. Mime?! Caught in the wild or hatched from an egg?

Rosey678 wrote:Meh I'm still not sure if I will make the switch, team games always do this to me lol.

Do it if it makes you happy!
<<

Rosey678

Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin
Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin

Post August 24th, 2016, 12:06 am

dryad wrote:
Rosey678 wrote:Meh I'm still not sure if I will make the switch, team games always do this to me lol.

Do it if it makes you happy!

Thanks Kate, when trading comes into affect I will go for it :)
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post August 25th, 2016, 10:50 am

dryad wrote:
The Fifth Marauder wrote:Caught 64, rarest is probably a Mr. Mime.

You have Mr. Mime?! Caught in the wild or hatched from an egg?

10km egg! I've seen it pop up on my "nearby sightings" screen but never actually seen one in the wild. I was chuffed!
<<

Rosey678

Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin
Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin

Post August 25th, 2016, 2:38 pm

Jesus, what would even come out of a 10km egg?

I just learned actually that you can only get starters from the 2km eggs.
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

Azura

Muggle
Muggle

Post June 15th, 2017, 4:23 am

Anybody still play this?

I'm one of those regular players who still plays it daily since it first came out. :P I mostly play it when walking around my university after classes. I know some really obsessive players who have spent hundreds of dollars on the game, plus the location spoofers, and people who will do a lot of traveling to work on powering up and catching more pokemon. I'm just a casual player. Currently I'm a level 28.
SLYTHERCLAW
Pottermore: AvisNox17028
Previously known as Paxis
New account, new start
My Tumblr
<<

MarsUltor

Second Year
Second Year

Post July 5th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Started as a big thing, ended very quick. I played it for about 1-2 months, then never played again.
Previous

Return to Video Games