FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BBC Sherlock

<<

Mirkprince

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Post January 26th, 2015, 10:28 am

Re: BBC Sherlock

Arkin wrote:This is one of my favorite shows! :3 I just wish the next season would come faster. ;-;

Don't we all...
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a flame from the darkness shall spring, renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." ~ Bilbo Baggins
<<

Xrylyx

Squib
Squib

Post July 17th, 2015, 7:26 pm

Yes. I love that show. It is amazing.
I can't wait to see how Moriaty survived.

Here are my theories:
Spoiler: show
It wasn't Moriaty who killed himself. It was the twin brother.

or, Moriaty hadn't survived at all, and another criminal is trying to lure him in.

I'm not sure about the former, however, i haven't watched Sherlock for a while because it just makes me too angry at Moffat. The interval between Sherlock seasons is beyond painful, but i guess that if the episodes weren't so inconsistent they wouldn't be as good.

“I sit before flowers
hoping they will train me in the art
of opening up

I stand on mountain tops believing
that avalanches will teach me to let go

I know
nothing

but I am here to learn.”
― Shane Koyczan
<<

CCN1

First Year
First Year

Post September 15th, 2015, 5:17 am

I just didn't like the portrayal of Moriarty. Seemed like a cheap Joker wannabe, completely unlike the source material. That lunatic character has been done to death and I found it cringeworthy. Other than that, the show is good.
House: Slytherin
Wand: 13in, larch, dragon heartstring core, brittle

<<

Loup solitaire

Muggle
Muggle

Post July 7th, 2016, 8:24 pm

CCN1 wrote:I just didn't like the portrayal of Moriarty. Seemed like a cheap Joker wannabe, completely unlike the source material. That lunatic character has been done to death and I found it cringeworthy. Other than that, the show is good.

I agree with your thoughts on Moriarty. Haha interesting cheap Joker connection. My troubles lied with the acting of that character. I realize he is a psychopath, but I strongly disliked his childish responses. I guess it is still engaging and a bit addicting. I thought his character could have been improved.
<<

MadamPince

Time Lady
Time Lady

Post February 16th, 2017, 6:50 pm

reviving this thread.

What did you guys think about series 4? I thought it was pretty crappy (I liked The Lying Detective and that was it).

-- February 16, 2017 1:50 pm --

reviving this thread.

What did you guys think about series 4? I thought it was pretty crappy (I liked The Lying Detective and that was it).
Currently Reading: Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
<<

Ironman727

Mulatto Butts
Mulatto Butts

Post February 17th, 2017, 1:13 pm

Last season was shit.

Went from the world of almost believable nonsense, right to the land of batshit crazy make believe.

The big plot twist should have been that Sherlock's sister had manipulated him into killing his best friend. And the whole "I love you" scene, should have caused Sherlock to have a breakdown because she refuses to say it because she no longer loves him.
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Part time Astrophysicist, full time Savage
<<

MadamPince

Time Lady
Time Lady

Post February 17th, 2017, 6:05 pm

The whole last episode was just a very very bad horror movie.
Reminded me so much of Saw. Creepy villain who wants to play a game.

They went wrong when they introduced Euros at all. What a load of shit. I could understand a third Holmes Brother - Sherringford - because there are theories about him from the original Holmes stories but Euros was just shit.
High security institution in the middle of the ocean, but she just comes and goes as she pleases? Killed a child but no one found out. Fake death that the parents believed. Ability to get people to do what she wants simply by speaking to them.
Fuck off Steven Moffat.
Everything he touches eventually dies. Doctor who was ruined by him and Sherlock has been ruined too. I'm not happy.

Also where the hell was John's daughter through the whole series??
Currently Reading: Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
<<

Revisium

Muggle
Muggle

Post February 20th, 2017, 2:12 pm

I love this show, and Benedict is my favourite Sherlock depiction. I haven't seen season 4 yet (or the special before it), but I hope that you are all wrong :pray:
<<

Arabella

Arabella
Arabella

Post March 18th, 2017, 6:16 am

Nah I wouldn't say Moffat ruins everything. He has his ups and downs just like anybody else, they're just more extreme. You said you like the Lying Detective was the best of the season (and I agree, it was the only really good episode this season) and he wrote that. The problem is when he tries to go too big. On Who, his whole grand Silence arc fell to pieces in the end and so did his Euros one. That episode was holier than swiss cheese. But that doesn't mean he can never write good Sherlock again. Don't be so dramatic :lol:
Hufflepuff Prefect
<<

singingbird812

Muggle
Muggle

Post May 21st, 2017, 5:31 pm

Just finished watching Series 4 and I have to say I really enjoyed it! Sure, it may have been unrealistic, but I wasn't expecting it to be realistic so I thought it was very nice. My biggest complaint is that I always want more episodes!
<<

Azura

Squib
Squib

Post June 15th, 2017, 4:32 am

I really loved season 4, along with all the other seasons too. I really can't relate to the hate. :P I've always been a huge fan of BBC's Sherlock and it'll always be one of my all-time favorite shows for each episode keeping me hooked. Love the characters, love the writing, love the music.
SLYTHERCLAW
Pottermore: AvisNox17028
Previously known as Paxis
New account, new start
My Tumblr
Previous

Return to TV & Movies