<<

Rav

Pub Bar Keep
Pub Bar Keep

Post November 23rd, 2014, 2:44 pm

winnie the pooh is a hermaphrodite

Town Reportedly Nixes Winnie the Pooh Mascot Over 'Dubious Sexuality'
By Timothy McGrath, GlobalPost Contributor

BREAKING: Winnie the Pooh is a hermaphrodite, exposes himself in public, and has no business being around children.

Officials in the Polish town of Tuszyn (around 87 miles southwest of Warsaw) were deciding on a mascot for its town playground, when the classic children's character was suggested as a candidate. They decided to rule Winnie out, because he's an "inappropriately dressed" bear of "dubious sexuality."

Sure, Winnie is a honey junkie who spends most of his time with a chronically depressed donkey and a suspiciously energetic tiger, and if you don't want your kids hanging with that sort of crew, then fine. But if you don't want Winnie at playgrounds because he doesn't wear pants and has no external genitalia, you're living in the past, my friend.

"It doesn’t wear underpants because it doesn’t have a sex. It’s a hermaphrodite."

According to the Croatian Times, members of the Tuszyn town council were having this totally reasonable conversation about Winnie's biological sex and choice of outerwear when one of them decided it was worth recording and leaking to media. We all owe this person a debt of gratitude. Because now we know the following things about the members of the Tuszyn town council.

Resident and councillor Ryszard Cichy apparently believes this about Winnie: "The problem with that bear is it doesn’t have a complete wardrobe. It is half naked which is wholly inappropriate for children."

An unnamed official apparently knows why: "It doesn’t wear underpants because it doesn’t have a sex. It’s a hermaphrodite."

And another resident, councilor, and human who lives on this Earth, Hanna Jachimska, apparently blames Winnie's creator, Alan Alexander Milne: "This is very disturbing but can you imagine! The author was over 60 and cut his [Pooh's] testicles off with a razor blade because he had a problem with his identity."

We also learned that some members of the Tuszyn town council are biased against intersex individuals. So there's that.

Winnie's out of the running for playground mascot, but as the councilors move forward with the decision-making process, they should consider that their no-pants rule excludes nearly every cartoon character ever invented, except for Goofy, who rocks an orange turtleneck sweater, charcoal vest, blue slacks, and laceless brown shoes. Classy.

This story was first published by GlobalPost.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/town-reportedly-nixes-winnie-pooh-mascot-over-dubious-sexuality-n253226

um. a hermaphrodite has both genders. i think the proper definition is asexual which can mean no desire for sex or without genitals.
<<

Celestina Black

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post November 23rd, 2014, 11:15 pm

Re: winnie the pooh is a hermaphrodite

So, would they be okay with him not wearing pants if he did have sex?

Image Image

"You are my son, from tip to tail." - JR Ewing; Dallas
<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post November 25th, 2014, 12:47 am

Celestina Black wrote:So, would they be okay with him not wearing pants if he did have sex?

*giggles*

I would love to know their stance on the whole Goofy vs Pluto debate.
<<

Rav

Pub Bar Keep
Pub Bar Keep

Post November 25th, 2014, 4:37 am

Good question lol

And Ginny!!!! I missed you. :hugs:
<<

Mirkprince

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Post November 25th, 2014, 7:13 am

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read hahaha ;)! How could I not know that my whole child hood I was being exposed to things way to innapropriate for my age group. Those shocking stories of Winnie the Pooh what next? Is Christopher Robin a schizo? (Well yeah he probably is actually haha)
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a flame from the darkness shall spring, renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." ~ Bilbo Baggins
<<

Nucky Luciano

Heir of Slytherin
Heir of Slytherin

Post December 14th, 2014, 4:08 pm

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.. A few days ago I read in a magazine that Scooby Doo and Shaggy are mentally ill.. What a load of crap..
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post December 15th, 2014, 5:28 am

Nucky Luciano wrote:I don't want to live on this planet anymore.. A few days ago I read in a magazine that Scooby Doo and Shaggy are mentally ill.. What a load of crap..

Nono. They were psychedelic, not psychotic.
<<

Mirkprince

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Post December 16th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Nucky Luciano wrote:I don't want to live on this planet anymore.. A few days ago I read in a magazine that Scooby Doo and Shaggy are mentally ill.. What a load of crap..

They were also part of a crappy cartoon.
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a flame from the darkness shall spring, renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." ~ Bilbo Baggins
<<

Rosey678

Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin
Mrs. Hikaru Hitachiin

Post December 17th, 2014, 8:37 pm

....What the hell?
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

Warrior Princess

VampBitch
VampBitch

Post December 17th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Mirkprince wrote:

They were also part of a crappy cartoon.

I... I can't believe this but I actually, for once, agree with you.
<<

Prinz Edelhart

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 3rd, 2015, 2:38 pm

Poland, eh?
Sounds more like something out of deepest evangelical 'Murca.
Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 14th, 2017, 9:56 am

Who says that anthropomorophic cartoon characters have to subscribe to human qualifications for certain categories, lol? I mean, insects are much closer to humans than cartoon characters are, lol, because both of those live in the real-life world, lol. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.

Return to Politics & News