USA

<<

ferfykins

Second Year
Second Year

Post September 3rd, 2017, 5:17 pm

USA

You guys worried about North Korea?
Also, civil unrest.... I think we're headed towards martial law....
While Obama was president he made it so anyone can be detained at any time/with no reason.
Also, i read that a bill was just passed to make it so police can search your house without a warrant.
I also read that police can now have military equipment/weapons....There was even talk about a civil war, which i don't think will ever happen, but who knows....

What are your guys thoughts on all of this?
<<

Maureen95

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 3rd, 2017, 10:08 pm

Re: USA

Well, I don't live in America but the news is all over here. Yesterday there was that big atomtest and it was succesfully. I hope That Nord-Korea dont gonna use it against America or any other country in the world.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post September 5th, 2017, 9:25 am

Suleyman Demirel (6 times Turkish prime minister between 1965-1993 and 1 time Turkish president between 1993-2000) was the pioneer of Americanism politics in Turkey. And his motto was ''Turkey will be the little America''

After 2002 elections, Turkish democracy was overthrown by Justice and Development Party and its leader, Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Currently, Turkey is in its 13th month in martial law, police has nearly unlimited power, president can do anything he wants and everything is becoming really expensive. I can talk about this for more than a hour, but as a summary, that's enough.

It's interesting to see now that we didn't become the little America, but America is becoming the big Turkey :(
<<

ferfykins

Second Year
Second Year

Post September 5th, 2017, 10:47 am

MarsUltor wrote:Suleyman Demirel (6 times Turkish prime minister between 1965-1993 and 1 time Turkish president between 1993-2000) was the pioneer of Americanism politics in Turkey. And his motto was ''Turkey will be the little America''

After 2002 elections, Turkish democracy was overthrown by Justice and Development Party and its leader, Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Currently, Turkey is in its 13th month in martial law, police has nearly unlimited power, president can do anything he wants and everything is becoming really expensive. I can talk about this for more than a hour, but as a summary, that's enough.

It's interesting to see now that we didn't become the little America, but America is becoming the big Turkey :(

wow, that's horrible!!
<<

Assassin

ANBU
ANBU

Post October 1st, 2017, 5:11 pm

Chill out. Stay away from the news for a few days. All this tension will go away. News channels have a habit of sensationalising stories. Most of the things that they report as catastrophic have very little effect on your daily life.

North Korean 'crisis' is overblown. No country has a death wish, and contrary to most of the propoganda, North Korea is not, in fact, suicidal. The nuclear missiles have been developed as a deterrent, the same reason for which they have been developed by other countries like China, France, India, Pakistan etc. These countries have not warred on a large scale ever since they developed nuclear power, and with the threat of US, the Kim administration decided to do the same. Most of its actions in the recent times are calculated moves meant to consolidate Kim Jong Un's power in the upper echelons of the communist party. He isn't really going to do anything, unless the west does anything to undermine his power.

<<

SlytherChic

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 10th, 2017, 3:54 am

I'm not worried about North Korea. Trump knows what he's doing; he'll take care of things.
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 10th, 2017, 4:08 am

All I hope is that neither Kim Jong-Un nor Trump have the nuclear button in their hands at the ready because they might press it just because they woke up cranky one day, lol. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.

Return to Politics & News