FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

<<

Mirkprince

User avatar

Fred Weasley's Ghost
Fred Weasley's Ghost

Posts: 3768

Joined: June 3rd, 2013, 9:58 am

Location: Malawi, Central-East Africa!

Gender: Male

Post January 30th, 2017, 12:28 pm

The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

So, I'm not even criticizing him for using Executive Orders, that's normal for a new president. Obama signed 9 in his first 10 days in office. But what I'm furious about is the executive orders he's signing, I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and I have been a bit of an emotional wreck since his inauguration. Anyone else?
Image
Image
Image
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a flame from the darkness shall spring, renewed shall be the blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." ~ Bilbo Baggins
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post January 30th, 2017, 1:58 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Nope. I expected worse. Let's see what he's done after 6 months then I'll either be laying on the couch next to you or smiling at his impeachment hearing.
Image
<<

GellertGPhoenix

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1285

Joined: March 20th, 2016, 11:24 pm

Gender: Non-Binary

Post January 31st, 2017, 4:11 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Mirkprince wrote:So, I'm not even criticizing him for using Executive Orders, that's normal for a new president. Obama signed 9 in his first 10 days in office. But what I'm furious about is the executive orders he's signing, I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and I have been a bit of an emotional wreck since his inauguration. Anyone else?



Either he'll kill us all, or he'll be impeached. (In either situation, we hopefully won't have to deal with him too much longer...)

Honestly it's all appalling. And depressing. My family has been watching comedians regularly for the first time in years. (At least the comedians get to keep their jobs, right?) Try to stay on the bright side. The world's not ending. Yet. :)

You know, if I could be stuck with one person on a deserted island for the rest of my life, it would have to be Donald Trump.

Because:
A. The rest of the world wouldn't be stuck with him.
and
B. If we find we don't like each other, hell, we'll just build a wall. (Because he seems to be good at that. Whether it's a physical wall or a wall overseas...)
Image
Image
Image
(he/she/they)
<<

Khaleesi

Order of the Phoenix
Order of the Phoenix

Posts: 2202

Joined: March 24th, 2015, 1:53 am

Gender: Female

Post February 4th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

GellertGPhoenix wrote:Either he'll kill us all, or he'll be impeached. (In either situation, we hopefully won't have to deal with him too much longer...)

:lol:
You know, if I could be stuck with one person on a deserted island for the rest of my life, it would have to be Donald Trump.

Because:
A. The rest of the world wouldn't be stuck with him.
and
B. If we find we don't like each other, hell, we'll just build a wall. (Because he seems to be good at that. Whether it's a physical wall or a wall overseas...)

Best thing I've read all day

Part of me didn't think he would even go through with it, everyone (even a lot of republicans) seemed completely against it. Can't say I'm surprised that shit hit the fan, but I've been keeping up with the stories of the poor immigrants and citizens that can't get back into the country or are being kicked out because of this. Counting the days until our next election, though I might just be torturing myself.
Image

Image
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 4th, 2017, 11:25 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Khaleesi wrote:
Part of me didn't think he would even go through with it, everyone (even a lot of republicans) seemed completely against it.


Isn't it nice how quickly those Republicans decided it was a perfectly fine and legal act once it was being done by someone in their own party?
Image
<<

Wun Wun

User avatar

ANBU
ANBU

Posts: 14764

Joined: January 8th, 2015, 2:49 pm

Gender: Male

Post February 10th, 2017, 7:08 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

I seriously thought he was just lying with a lot of his election promises. Well, shit.

Most of his outrageous orders will be shut down by the SCOTUS anyway, because it seems even the republicans are against most of his policies. This one in particular. Still, I'd like to see his proposal for H1B visa, because it affects a lot of high paying jobs in US, especially in the IT sector.
Image

Image
<<

Harley Quinn

User avatar

Imagine
Imagine

Posts: 17214

Joined: October 25th, 2014, 1:49 am

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Gender: Female

Post February 14th, 2017, 10:10 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

I just came in here to say two things:

1. Fuck Trump.
2. His mouth looks like an anus.
Image
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 15th, 2017, 3:09 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Harley Quinn wrote:I just came in here to say two things:

1. Fuck Trump.
2. His mouth looks like an anus.


Fascinating and useful political discourse there HQ. Very Trumplike in fact.
Image
<<

Harley Quinn

User avatar

Imagine
Imagine

Posts: 17214

Joined: October 25th, 2014, 1:49 am

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Gender: Female

Post February 16th, 2017, 9:16 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Grrarrggh wrote:
Harley Quinn wrote:I just came in here to say two things:

1. Fuck Trump.
2. His mouth looks like an anus.


Fascinating and useful political discourse there HQ. Very Trumplike in fact.


Image
Image
<<

Ironman727

User avatar

Mulatto Butts
Mulatto Butts

Posts: 3559

Joined: September 15th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Location: the Universe

Post February 17th, 2017, 3:03 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Trump is doing wonders for the world of dank memes. I appreciate him on an oompa-loompa level.
Image
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Part time Astrophysicist, full time Savage
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post February 17th, 2017, 11:47 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Image
Image
<<

dryad

User avatar

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Posts: 1641

Joined: August 11th, 2009, 1:56 am

Gender: Female

Post February 18th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

^ Ehhh that should probably go in a spoiler tag
Image
Image
<<

GinChaser

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1424

Joined: January 13th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Gender: Male

Post April 19th, 2017, 5:39 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Why? Thats just his mouth.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

FracturedRocket

User avatar

First Year
First Year

Posts: 117

Joined: April 8th, 2017, 3:04 am

Location: Riding a thestral

Gender: Female

Post April 30th, 2017, 11:34 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Nope. I voted for him. The refugee influx is a genuine problem. More power to Trump for trying to keep America safe.
Image
<<

GinChaser

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1424

Joined: January 13th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Gender: Male

Post May 1st, 2017, 6:39 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

You are what I like to call....


The Problem. Immigration has NEVER been bad for a country. In fact...the whole country was practically founded on it. Lets be real.

Ive heard this trope before, but at the end of the day as first world countries, it is our duty to step in and help where we can.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post May 1st, 2017, 7:01 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

FracturedRocket wrote:Nope. I voted for him. The refugee influx is a genuine problem. More power to Trump for trying to keep America safe.


Problem how? To who? And why from those specific countries?
Image
<<

stefanvh

User avatar

Quidditch Player
Quidditch Player

Posts: 2030

Joined: April 30th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Location: London, UK

Gender: Male

Post May 1st, 2017, 8:12 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

GinChaser wrote:Immigration has NEVER been bad for a country.


That goes a bit too far, in my opinion. While I do happen to believe that immigration generally makes a country better, there can definitely come problems, which if left undealt with, can snowball, such as the no-go zones in Europe (Molenbeek for example). Of course, that's partly why I happen to support the traditional American model of immigration, rather than the European.
Image
Thanks to Lumiere for this!

Harry/Ginny 4ever <3

Pottermore username: StoneSnitch10208

Mod of /r/HarryandGinny

Image
<<

GinChaser

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1424

Joined: January 13th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Gender: Male

Post May 1st, 2017, 10:33 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Grrarrggh wrote:
FracturedRocket wrote:Nope. I voted for him. The refugee influx is a genuine problem. More power to Trump for trying to keep America safe.


Problem how? To who? And why from those specific countries?


I wouldnt expecr reasonable responses to these questions. Trump himself doesnt wven know.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Harley Quinn

User avatar

Imagine
Imagine

Posts: 17214

Joined: October 25th, 2014, 1:49 am

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Gender: Female

Post May 2nd, 2017, 11:58 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

FracturedRocket wrote:Nope. I voted for him. The refugee influx is a genuine problem. More power to Trump for trying to keep America safe.


I've seen that you're Catholic. Jesus said that we should love our neighbor as ourselves, and yet you voted for a man who bragged about sexually assaulting women, and is a bigot. God said that He dislikes pride, yet you voted for a man who brags about how much money he makes any chance he gets and loves praising himself. Jesus healed people for FREE, yet you voted for a man who has zero compassion for those who cannot afford healthcare. One of the Ten Commandments tells us to not lie, yet you voted for a man who, according to UN-BIASED fact checkers, lies about MOST of the stuff he says. They even proved that he lies A LOT more than other politicians. Jesus told us to feed the hungry and take care of those in need (refugees are included in this category) and yet you voted for someone who has zero empathy for people whose lives are in DANGER.

The fact is that you put a Twitter troll/bigot/man-child who has zero political experience in the White House. You think because you're not a refugee, his stupid decisions won't negatively affect your life. But you're wrong. He's making enemies everywhere and sooner or later America is gonna get attacked. He's gonna mess up the economy and unless you're super rich, he won't care about your well-being.

Do you seriously think Mexico is going to pay for the wall? Hahaha, no they won't. YOU and every American are going to pay for it with tax money. That wall is going to cost billions, but somehow America can't afford to use taxes for universal healthcare. Hmmm 1+1 = potato :think:
And I know this might shock you, but the wall isn't going to make crime mysteriously go away. It's not some magical wall.
Image
<<

GinChaser

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1424

Joined: January 13th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Gender: Male

Post May 2nd, 2017, 8:07 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

He was elected because he used a lot of buzz words that appealed to the ignorant and uneducated.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post May 2nd, 2017, 8:48 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

GinChaser wrote:He was elected because he used a lot of buzz words that appealed to the ignorant and uneducated.


He was also elected because of a visceral Hilary hate, Russia, and a few big DNC mistakes. Also by people who vote on single issues.

Oh, and because of the stupid electoral college.
Image
<<

GinChaser

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1424

Joined: January 13th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Gender: Male

Post May 2nd, 2017, 11:19 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

It is an odd system.

I dont understand the DNC. You just had one of the most successful and popular presidents ever mostly because of how relatable he was...and the best you can come up with is Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders? Come on.
Image

Image

Image

Image

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Pensieve Seeker

Squib
Squib

Posts: 80

Joined: February 10th, 2017, 11:16 pm

Gender: Female

Post May 3rd, 2017, 7:02 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Harley Quinn wrote:I just came in here to say two things:

1. Fuck Trump.
2. His mouth looks like an anus.


Spend a lot of time looking at anuses, do you? Doesn't surprise me.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1817

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post May 3rd, 2017, 10:22 pm

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

GinChaser wrote:It is an odd system.

I dont understand the DNC. You just had one of the most successful and popular presidents ever mostly because of how relatable he was...and the best you can come up with is Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders? Come on.


Not really at all one of the most successful. At all. As for popular.... that was sadly offset with being EXTREMELY HATED by others.
Image
<<

GinChaser

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1424

Joined: January 13th, 2017, 9:35 pm

Gender: Male

Post May 5th, 2017, 5:49 am

Re: The Outrage of Trump's Refugee Executive Order

Grrarrggh wrote:
GinChaser wrote:It is an odd system.

I dont understand the DNC. You just had one of the most successful and popular presidents ever mostly because of how relatable he was...and the best you can come up with is Hilary Clinton and Bernie Sanders? Come on.


Not really at all one of the most successful. At all. As for popular.... that was sadly offset with being EXTREMELY HATED by others.


He did a lot of goodnfor the country and the world. You can look at that as you will. And who cares if some hate him?
Image

Image

Image

Image

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
Next

Return to Politics & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests