FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What music are you into right now?

<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post November 23rd, 2016, 6:23 pm

What music are you into right now?

Lately, I've been getting into hip hop, been wanting to delve into a new genre after a super long music phase that involved listening to a lot of chill pop music (FKA Twigs, Banks, Flume, Phantogram etc.)

I thought it might be fun to talk with others about what I and they are into right now. Post which song, artist and album you're really into right now. This could also be a way to discover new music.

Song(s): Chill Bill by Rob $tone
9, Hype, Childs Play by Drake

Artist: Drake

Album: Views
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post December 4th, 2016, 10:39 pm

Re: What music are you into right now?

Drake has a lot of good stuff! November 18th is probably my fav song of his.

I've been listening to quite a bit of:
Human, Sirens of the Caspian - Sevdaliza
(in) Reverse, Anti-Psalm - Sister Crayon
Without The Lights - Elliot Moss
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post December 5th, 2016, 9:39 am

dryad wrote:Drake has a lot of good stuff! November 18th is probably my fav song of his.

Any more suggestions?

I really like his music. I didn't seriously start listening to his music until recently, but I kind of prefer "discovering" artists/bands after they've released a few albums, because then I get to really delve into their music, which is so much fun. Florence + the Machine did a cover of Take Care years ago, before I knew it was his song (lmfao) and its fucking beautiful.

I started listening to the Weeknd's new album last week and I really like it.

Starboy
Party Monster
Reminder
Stargirl Interlude (collab with Lana del Rey, they sound so good together)
Sidewalks
Die For You

are my fave songs on this album

I've been listening to Jack Ü lately. Their songs "Take Ü There" and "To Ü" are really good.

I'm also currently into this song called "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" by Ol' Dirty Bastard. The beat is really good.
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post December 24th, 2016, 8:13 pm

Harley Quinn wrote:
dryad wrote:Drake has a lot of good stuff! November 18th is probably my fav song of his.

Any more suggestions?

I really like Jungle, Marvins Room, From Time, Too Much, and he also has some good stuff with PARTYNEXTDOOR like Recognize and Come and See Me.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post December 29th, 2016, 9:33 am

dryad wrote:
Harley Quinn wrote:

Any more suggestions?

I really like Jungle, Marvins Room, From Time, Too Much, and he also has some good stuff with PARTYNEXTDOOR like Recognize and Come and See Me.

Thanks.

Lately I've been listening to

Past Malone's debut album. It's really chill and good. I just started listening to it, so I haven't figured out what my fave songs are yet.

Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds
This album is so good. One of the best I've ever heard. The "I Think She Knows" interlude is so beautiful, honestly my fave part of the album. I love the classics, like SexyBack and What Goes Around/Comes Around. But also Futuresex/Lovesound is really good and sexy af. Love the beats. I pretty much thought this album was perfect from the moment I heard it, which is rare, so, yeah, it definitely is one of my faves. <3

The Weeknd - Trilogy (been listening to Lonely Star a lot)
I've lost count of how many times I've watched Mania. I love it so much. It's literally perfect. <3
Abel's been doing really well. I'm happy for him. He deserves it.

Childish Gambino - V. 3005, IV. sweatpants

Young Ma - OOOUUU

Took a trip down nostalgia lane and have been listening to Use Somebody by Kings of Leon. Loved it when I was a teen.
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post January 22nd, 2017, 11:48 pm

Harley Quinn wrote:The Weeknd - Trilogy

So I've been really into the Cocteau Twins lately, and as much as I loved The Weeknd's Trilogy, I never knew he sampled them. The Knowing sampled Cherry Coloured Funk (one of my favorite songs atm, it's absolutely ethereal), and Heaven or Las Vegas is a cover of the Cocteau Twin's song. That made him level up even more in my mind.

As for other music I'm into right now, my top recently played artists on spotify are Jeff Buckley, Incubus, Muse, alt-J, Sleeping At Last, Radiohead, Cocteau Twins, and Regina Spektor. I'd say that sums it up pretty well.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post January 23rd, 2017, 10:20 am

dryad wrote:
Harley Quinn wrote:The Weeknd - Trilogy

So I've been really into the Cocteau Twins lately, and as much as I loved The Weeknd's Trilogy, I never knew he sampled them. The Knowing sampled Cherry Coloured Funk (one of my favorite songs atm, it's absolutely ethereal), and Heaven or Las Vegas is a cover of the Cocteau Twin's song. That made him level up even more in my mind.

I heard one of the Cocteau Twins' songs in a movie. The song is called "Sea, Swallow Me" and I really love it. However, I never checked out their other songs. Earlier this morning, I listened to the songs you mentioned in your post, and wow, they're so beautiful.

dryad wrote:As for other music I'm into right now, my top recently played artists on spotify are Jeff Buckley, Incubus, Muse, alt-J, Sleeping At Last, Radiohead, Cocteau Twins, and Regina Spektor. I'd say that sums it up pretty well.

I looked up alt-J and am listening to them now. They're really good. I also like Radiohead. They're one of my favorite bands. :D

At the moment, this is what I'm into:

Ed Sheeran - Shape of You (so addictive)
Rihanna - Sex With Me
Childish Gambino - Redbone
John Lennon - Tomorrow Never Knows (the greatest psychedelic rock song that's ever been made)
Babyshambles - Fuck Forever
Glass Animals - Gooey, Youth
Flume - TRUST (I randomly found this one a week ago. It's fucking heavenly.)
The xx - I Dare You, On Hold, Lips
Post Malone - Big Lie, Deja Vu, No Option, White Iverson, Patient, Go Flex, Feel, Congratulations, Money Made Me Do it.
NEIKED - Sexual
21 Savage - X
Coldplay - Hymn For the Weekend Seeb Remix
David Bowie - No Plan
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post January 23rd, 2017, 10:44 pm

Harley Quinn wrote:I heard one of the Cocteau Twins' songs in a movie. The song is called "Sea, Swallow Me" and I really love it. However, I never checked out their other songs. Earlier this morning, I listened to the songs you mentioned in your post, and wow, they're so beautiful.

I'm really liking Sea, Swallow Me. They just have such a cool sound, everything they make sounds so otherworldly.

Harley Quinn wrote:I looked up alt-J and am listening to them now. They're really good. I also like Radiohead. They're one of my favorite bands. :D

Yeah if you like Glass Animals you'll probably like alt-J! A lot of people compare the two.
What Radiohead songs are you into?
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post January 24th, 2017, 10:26 am

dryad wrote:What Radiohead songs are you into?

The list is long lmfao, but here it is

Pyramid Song
Burn the Witch
Decks Dark
True Love Waits
Lotus Flower
Creep
Planet Telex
High and Dry
Fake Plastic Trees
Karma Police
No Surprises
The National Anthem
Motion Picture Soundtrack
There, There
15 Step
Nude
Reckoner
Bullet Proof...Wish I Was
Street Spirit (Fade Out)
Airbag
Paranoid Android
Exit Music (For a Film)
Let Down
Climbing Up the Walls
Everything In Its Right Place
Myxomatosis (one of my absolute fave songs by them. This song is one of the few songs I can never get tired of listening to. So damn good)
Where I End and You Begin
Bodysnatchers
All I Need (this one is actually one of my all time top 10 favorite songs. It's so beautiful)
Videotape

Etc.

They're touring again and I'm really gonna try to see them live this year. It would be a dream come true.

Which songs of theirs do you like?
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post January 24th, 2017, 5:39 pm

Oh sweet jesus, I didn't realize I was opening Pandora's box with that question. :P

jk, it's cool you have a band you love so much. I'll be sure to check out Myxomatosis and All I Need first. And that would be awesome if you could see them live, fingers crossed it works out for you!

I really love Motion Picture Soundtrack, Pyramid Song, 15 Step, Lotus Flower, etc. And like every other angsty teenager I was obsessed with Creep when I was around 14/15. I've also really been enjoying A Moon Shaped Pool, my favorites from it so far are Daydreaming (seriously obsessed with this one), Decks Dark, and Glass Eyes, and I love the album version of True Love Waits.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post January 24th, 2017, 5:49 pm

dryad wrote:Oh sweet jesus, I didn't realize I was opening Pandora's box with that question. :P

Lmfaooo :lol:

I watched their 2016 Lollapalooza concert on YouTube today and daaaaaamn it was great.

dryad wrote:my favorites from it so far are Daydreaming (seriously obsessed with this one), Decks Dark, and Glass Eyes, and I love the album version of True Love Waits.

I'm currently obsessed with Decks Dark. It's so hypnotic. Makes me feel like I'm in a different world when I listen to it.
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post January 24th, 2017, 5:55 pm

Harley Quinn wrote:I watched their 2016 Lollapalooza concert on YouTube today and daaaaaamn it was great.

Oh nice! That's a good idea, I may follow suit when I get back later and play it through my projector.

Harley Quinn wrote:I'm currently obsessed with Decks Dark. It's so hypnotic. Makes me feel like I'm in a different world when I listen to it.

I definitely feel that with a lot of their songs. Especially Motion Picture Soundtrack, once it hits the 1:38 mark, in my mind's eye it's like, rainbows, everywhere.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post January 24th, 2017, 6:00 pm

dryad wrote:
Harley Quinn wrote:I watched their 2016 Lollapalooza concert on YouTube today and daaaaaamn it was great.

Oh nice! That's a good idea, I may follow suit when I get back later and play it through my projector.

Yeah, they sound fantastic live. So much energy and A+ performance.

Let me know what you thought of the concert, if you decide to watch it.

dryad wrote:I definitely feel that with a lot of their songs. Especially Motion Picture Soundtrack, once it hits the 1:38 mark, in my mind's eye it's like, rainbows, everywhere.

They're definitely special and so unique. I love the experimental, art rock path they've been on for a while now. I think they've earned the right to be called legends.
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post February 15th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Harley Quinn wrote:Yeah, they sound fantastic live. So much energy and A+ performance.

Let me know what you thought of the concert, if you decide to watch it.

Forgot to get back to you on this. I watched Lollapalooza 2016, loved it. Thom's dancing adds a whole new element to the experience.

I don't know what's up with Spotify Weekly lately but it's been especially awesome. I've found so many songs that have totally captivated me from the first listen. Here are a few:
Rokkurro - Svanur
Vast - Flames
He Is Legend - China White III
Rufus Wainwright - The Art Teacher
Turnerjoy - Torturous (thought this one sounded familiar, turns out it was in Skins)
Husky - Tidal Wave

I've also been listening to quite a bit of Glass Animals (especially their song Toes), The Neighbourhood, Sigur Ros, Deftones, etc.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post February 16th, 2017, 6:43 am

dryad wrote:Thom's dancing adds a whole new element to the experience.

I love Thom's dancing.

So, this is what I've been into lately:

Tei Shi - Keep Running (her debut album is finally coming out yay :cheer: )
Lana Del Rey - Radio, Art Deco, Terrence Loves You, High By the Beach
Twenty One Pilots - Ride
Jack Ü - Where Are Ü Now (Marshmello Remix)
The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down
Mike Posner - I Took a Pill In Ibiza (Seeb Remix)
Miike Snow - Genghis Khan
Bleachers - I Wanna Get Better
Son Lux - Lost It to Trying
Brian Eno - The Big Ship <3
Cigarettes After Sex - Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby, Affection, K
Glass Animals - Season 2 Episode 3, Take a Slice, Toes
<<

Wun Wun

ANBU
ANBU

Post February 16th, 2017, 7:46 am

Breed - Nirvana

There're very few Nirvana songs that I love, mostly because metal. This and one more that I can't remember the name of are my favorites

All songs from radiohead, especially burn the wich and 15 steps ( my current favorite. I listen to it all day :lol:)

Heathens - 21 Pilots

Caravan from the movie whiplash ( the last song :D)

Daydream - Wallace Collection {I don't love this song as much the movie it reminds me of, Mr. Nobody. This song was used in a particularly well directed scene}

<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post February 16th, 2017, 10:41 am

Wun Wun wrote:Breed - Nirvana

There're very few Nirvana songs that I love, mostly because metal. This and one more that I can't remember the name of are my favorites

All songs from radiohead, especially burn the wich and 15 steps ( my current favorite. I listen to it all day :lol:)

Heathens - 21 Pilots

Caravan from the movie whiplash ( the last song :D)

Daydream - Wallace Collection {I don't love this song as much the movie it reminds me of, Mr. Nobody. This song was used in a particularly well directed scene}

Nirvana isn't metal. It's grunge lol. Have you heard "Something In the Way"? You might like that one.

I think it's really cool that you like Radiohead. They're legends.

Btw Mr. Nobody is one of my favorite movies. :D
<<

dryad

la belle dame sans merci
la belle dame sans merci

Post February 16th, 2017, 10:11 pm

Harley Quinn wrote:Tei Shi - Keep Running (her debut album is finally coming out yay :cheer: )

Oh yay, I was just listening to her the other day. Can't wait to hear her new stuff.

Harley Quinn wrote:Lana Del Rey - Radio, Art Deco, Terrence Loves You, High By the Beach

Huge Lana fan. Have you heard her song Honeymoon? That's my favorite one off her latest album, it's so beautiful. I also love High By The Beach and Terrence Loves You.

Harley Quinn wrote:Cigarettes After Sex - Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby, Affection, K

Nothing's Gonna Hurt You Baby <3

Wun Wun wrote:Breed - Nirvana

Welcome to the discussion :D I had been thinking the thread name might need to be changed to Harley Quinn and Dryad's Sonic Circle Jerk, so this is good.

Fucking love Nirvana. Especially Something in the Way, Heart-Shaped Box, Come As You Are, In Bloom.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post February 16th, 2017, 10:21 pm

dryad wrote:
Harley Quinn wrote:Lana Del Rey - Radio, Art Deco, Terrence Loves You, High By the Beach

Huge Lana fan. Have you heard her song Honeymoon?

I am a HUGE fan of Lana Del Rey too! :D And, yes, I've heard Honeymoon. I love the David Bowie reference in Terrence Loves You. <3

dryad wrote:Welcome to the discussion :D I had been thinking the thread name might need to be changed to Harley Quinn and Dryad's Sonic Circle Jerk, so this is good.

Lmfaooooooo :lol:

dryad wrote:Fucking love Nirvana. Especially Something in the Way, Heart-Shaped Box, Come As You Are, In Bloom.

Nirvana is one of my fave bands. Milk It is my fave Nirvana song.

I'm currently into..

Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
ScHoolboy Q - THat Part
Bryson Tiller - Exchange
Lil Wayne - A Milli, 6 Foot 7
Big Sean - Bounce Back, Moves, Blessings
Kendrick Lamar - m.A.A.d city
J. Cole - Deja Vu
A Tribe Called Quest - We the People, Buggin' Out
Rae Sremmurd - Real Chill

Return to Music