FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Burning Question...

<<

Kaire578

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 23rd, 2017, 5:54 pm

Burning Question...

Why didn't Potter tell anyone (specifically Dumbledore, or Hagrid) what happened to him in the forest?

I mean he trust Dumbledore and even after he found out about Hagrid leaking info on Fluffy he decided to tell Dumbledore. But why didn't he tell anyone after he got attacked?
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 23rd, 2017, 11:59 pm

Re: Burning Question...

Because, thanks to his upbringing, he's a child who doesn't trust adults and is very independent.
<<

ACravenclaw

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 28th, 2017, 4:38 am

I always felt the reason that Harry never really told anyone was because as a kid he couldn't talk to anyone. His aunt's rule was don't ask questions and maybe he felt that by telling someone he would ultimately ask a follow up question. I don't think that Harry was use to having people that he could actually talk to.
<<

mollywobbles

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 16th, 2018, 1:51 pm

I agree that Harry didn't think he could really go to anyone with problems. He liked Dumbledore, but it took a while before he would really trust him. That was seen in the 2nd book, when Dumbledore asked Harry, directly, several times if there was something he wanted to tell him, and Harry still said no (although he was already hearing the Basilisk in the walls).

Return to Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone