FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

mollywobbles knits

<<

mollywobbles

Muggle
Muggle

Post February 4th, 2018, 8:10 pm

mollywobbles knits

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. It is HP art, just not computer generated.

I wanted to share a few things I've made, over the years, that are Harry Potter themed.

This was my take on a pygmy puff, which I came up with right after HBP came out. I've tweaked it a bit, to make it more fuzzy, but the basic construction has stayed the same.

I do counted cross-stitch, as well as knit, and wanted to make something called a biscornu. Those are little cushions that have a tufted center. They don't serve any purpose except decorative, but they can be fun for a small project.

Image Image

I came up with the pattern for that, using simple shapes and scrap floss from other projects. The buttons were from a grab bag I found at the store; they had a bunch of Halloween stuff. I think the charts are still kicking around on my Drive, so if anyone wanted it, give a shout.

My uniform sweater. I really loved this, but it's currently pulled apart. I don't know if I read the wrong size when I knitted the sleeves or if there was a problem with the pattern, but they are WAY too large. I need to reknit them a bit smaller and then sew it up again. It'll be super cozy, once it's done, since it's all wool.

This is my most recent finish. I don't actually have a lot of Hufflepuff clothing, because the black and yellow doesn't look so great on me. After seeing Fantastic Beasts, I decided to try the more "vintage" look. It came out awesome, but a lot longer than the one Newt wears in the movie; the fringe on mine reaches to my knees. I'm actually working on color schemes for the other houses, based on this more muted look. Here's the beginnings of a Slytherin one I'm currently working on:

That will be a bit closer to the movie proportions, in terms of how wide the stripes are.
<<

arosTheRed

Muggle
Muggle

Post February 18th, 2018, 11:48 am

Re: mollywobbles knits

These are excellent! Keep up the great work. Can’t wait to see more from you.

Return to Hogwarts Gallery