Identity Crisis: Which House am I?

<<

plaidclash

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 25th, 2017, 12:57 am

Identity Crisis: Which House am I?

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and therefore am not entirely sure as to where this thread should be placed. Forgive me!

Anyway, I guess I'll get to it. I'm having an identity crisis. It's bad. I don't know if I'm a Ravenclaw or Slytherin. I display various traits of both houses but in my heart I feel like I'm a Slytherin. Then again, logically I'm probably more Ravenclaw.

My Slytherin traits:
-Cynical as all heck (I've been known to bash the Hufflepuff house because I believe that generally they are fake).
-Pretty judgemental. Not really bigoted, but I do believe that judgement is a natural human function and that if we aren't constantly making inferences about people, then we're just stupid.
-Not totally in control of my emotions, although I think that someday I can get to a point where I am more rational.
-A bit arrogant. Though I can also be my own worst critic.
-I'm great at turning the other cheek when people do me wrong, but don't doubt that I have the power to ruin someone if necessary, which is kind of a cathartic feeling.
-I'm a perfectionist.
-I know that when it comes down to it, I can only rely on myself.
-Self-disciplined (despite my MODERATE lack of control over my emotions, I know I can control my reactions).
-Proud. I'm not putting my name on anything unless it's awesome.
-Determined. If I say I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it.
-Work smart, not hard.
-Ambitious (sometimes).

My Ravenclaw Traits:
-Despises ignorance.
-Intelligent.
-Creative.
-Original/individualistic.
-Values knowledge.
-Detail-oriented/perfectionist.
-Submissive/passive.

I just think about what I want to do with my life. A great part of me wants to be a cute housewife, to go to college just to gain knowledge and to pique my curiosity. The other part of me wants to be an awesome school principal or businesswoman so I can show the world that I have power.
When it comes down to it, I'm a power-hungry person, even if it doesn't show in the most conventional way. Though by nature I seek power, I still tell myself that morally, valuing knowledge is better.

This ID crisis is eating me alive and I really need some guidance. Otherwise I will NEVER be able to function.
<<

Remustonks

First Year
First Year

Post August 25th, 2017, 1:00 am

Re: Identity Crisis: Which House am I?

Have you taken the Pottermore Quiz it might be able to help you out. If not maybe you should. I would go with the one that you feel at most home with. I am a Ravenpuff, but more of a Ravenclaw which is my house. I just like Hufflepuff and can see myself in that house, but it isn't. Pottermore said I was a Ravenclaw and that's what I am because I see it and know it. Just go with your heart and what house you feel you belong in.
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post August 25th, 2017, 4:21 pm

I say you seem like more of a Slytherin, but I agree that you should take the Pottermore quiz if you're really uncertain. Only the hat can tell you.
(he/she/they)
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post August 25th, 2017, 7:09 pm

I think you should say screw it to the whole house idea. Be happy that you can't be pounded into a single one.
<<

Lupine

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 26th, 2017, 2:06 pm

It sounds like you like getting things done for yourself be it by hook or by crook. You clearly don't have bad intentions so I'd say that you're a hardworking Ravenclaw.
<<

SlytherChic

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 10th, 2017, 8:16 pm

You sound more like a Ravenclaw to me, to be honest.
<<

ferfykins

Second Year
Second Year

Post November 10th, 2017, 10:10 pm

Definitely a slytherin :)
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 10th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Maybe you could request a new house that combines both, lol? :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

sportshp

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 30th, 2017, 10:52 pm

You seem more of a Slytherin but I can understand why you're confused and not sure. I have strong traits of Hufflepuff, Gryffindor and even a little Ravenclaw. I could take 10 different tests (not including Pottermore) and get one of those three. I think sometimes it comes down to an individual choice. Just like Harry... the Sorting Hat wanted to put him in Slytherin yet he has a ton of Gryffindor traits too. He wanted Gryffindor, so he received Gryffindor. I believe in the end if you're stuck and confused, it's all about what YOU want... just like Harry. Go with what you ideally want and stick with it. :)

Return to The Great Hall