FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Where do these types op people belong?

<<

lamaeetbrood

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 12th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Where do these types op people belong?

Hi, I'm not a fan of any of the Harry Potter Sorting quizzes (even the pottermore one. I mean what kind of question is "Left or Right" or "Heads or Tails"), so I decided to make my own. I want it to be really big and plan to take all sorts of personality traits into account, many of which are ignored even on pottermore.

So my question is: Where do creative people belong? People would say ravenclaw, but I don't agree tbh. Ravenclaw is about learning "Wit beyond measure" and all that. Luna was creative, but she was bullied. The pottermore welcoming letter to Ravenclaw says that it's a house for people with wild ideas and individuals and that, should you try to divinate with eggs, that a lot of people would help you, but again, Luna got bullied. They seem to value wild ideas, but only if those are academic in nature (in my opinion).
I'd say artsy people like, painters, or people who want to do music, belong more in Hufflepuff right? The friendly house, where they accept anyone. Ravenclaw is a bit too stereotypical asian parent in my opinion.
I myself am quite artsy, but I would not feel at home in Ravenclaw. The common room's entrance certainly favours people who think over people who create. And the room itself reminds me of a middle-aged mother who wants everything in her house to be "modern" (as far as hogwarts goes) and anything that messes with that doesn't belong there. Ravenclaw SEEMS to be accepting of the unique, but only according to Pottermore, not the books. In the books they are a house of Hermiones.

Again, my opinion. So give me as much info and opinions as possible.
And any other question ideas are welcome too!

PS: What classes do you think have influence on sorting and what does quidditch have for influence? (like, potions is supposed to be a slytherin subject, but why? Purely because it seems like an evil subject for an evil house is dumb. Slytherin isn't evil. That's just generations of brainwashing your kid into thinking muggleborns are unworthy and then putting those kids in one place together to spend their teenage years, the most infuential years of a human's life. They just rile each other up)
<<

swift502

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 12th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Re: Where do these types op people belong?

I thought I was a Ravenclaw for a long time, but now that I think of it, I'd probably get pretty irritated with the tower entrance puzzles. I'd likely spend more time thinking of ways to bypass it, rather than actually solving the puzzles.

Not sure how Luna got bullied by Ravenclaws, if you could refresh my memory, did Ravenclaws hide her things? Luna kinda belongs in a mental hospital, she really is unique, and you're right, the accepting and loyal hufflepuffs seem like a much better fit for Luna.

I really like this idea. If only Hufflepuff was explored more in the books we'd have more to go off, but it'd be interesting to throw all the creative, unique and odd people in Hufflepuff, where they respect being different, it'd make a bit more sense, but I think not all creative people are accepting and vice versa, there'd still be some issues. Though perhaps Ravenclaws as "the smart guys" could develop into being way more competitive and have a social status structure based solely on academic achievements.

I think there's no proper solution, you'll always have overlaps of people who belong in more than one house. But as a creative person myself, you're right I would probably prefer Hufflepuff. Looking forward to your quizz-thing.

As for classes, I think a thing like Quidditch is a sign of competitiveness, which can be indicative of Gryffindor, Slytherin or Ravenclaw. It's an example of the overlap I mentioned. Rest of the classes seem as neutral as they can get.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 13th, 2017, 6:05 am

I would imagine that things like creation and imagination belong in the Ravenclaw house. Imagination is the fuel of discovery.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

lamaeetbrood

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 13th, 2017, 10:16 am

swift502 wrote:I thought I was a Ravenclaw for a long time, but now that I think of it, I'd probably get pretty irritated with the tower entrance puzzles. I'd likely spend more time thinking of ways to bypass it, rather than actually solving the puzzles.

Not sure how Luna got bullied by Ravenclaws, if you could refresh my memory, did Ravenclaws hide her things? Luna kinda belongs in a mental hospital, she really is unique, and you're right, the accepting and loyal hufflepuffs seem like a much better fit for Luna.

I really like this idea. If only Hufflepuff was explored more in the books we'd have more to go off, but it'd be interesting to throw all the creative, unique and odd people in Hufflepuff, where they respect being different, it'd make a bit more sense, but I think not all creative people are accepting and vice versa, there'd still be some issues. Though perhaps Ravenclaws as "the smart guys" could develop into being way more competitive and have a social status structure based solely on academic achievements.

I think there's no proper solution, you'll always have overlaps of people who belong in more than one house. But as a creative person myself, you're right I would probably prefer Hufflepuff. Looking forward to your quizz-thing.

As for classes, I think a thing like Quidditch is a sign of competitiveness, which can be indicative of Gryffindor, Slytherin or Ravenclaw. It's an example of the overlap I mentioned. Rest of the classes seem as neutral as they can get.

Yeah, I feel the exact same about trying to bypass it XD Pretty sure I would have a headache one day and just try to blast the door open.
I'm going to try ask JK Rowling on twitter about it. Who knows, maybe she'll decide to put the creatives in Puff :-P Doubt it, but there's always a chance.

Return to The Great Hall