FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lily/ Voldemort

<<

snow_hunter

Muggle
Muggle

Post December 11th, 2008, 1:46 am

Lily/ Voldemort

Ok..so maybe I missed this completely, even after reading the books several times, but Why does Voldemort say that Lily didn't need to die? :shock:
<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post December 11th, 2008, 2:03 am

Because he was willing to spare her life because Snape, his most trusted Death Eater, asked him to spare her. But Voldemort didnt' really care enough to argue with her, so he killed her, anyway.
<<

snow_hunter

Muggle
Muggle

Post December 11th, 2008, 3:54 am

ok, thats what i thought -.- but I couldn't remember if I read it somewhere, or if its implied...but thanks for confirming that for me
<<

Neader

First Year
First Year

Post December 12th, 2008, 2:52 am

GinnyX wrote:Because he was willing to spare her life because Snape, his most trusted Death Eater, asked him to spare her. But Voldemort didnt' really care enough to argue with her, so he killed her, anyway.

How did I not catch that? I thought he just spared her because she didn't NEED to die, not because Snape asked him, that'd explain why he didn't tell James to "Stand aside." So I guess Voldemort isn't as bad as everyone says? :wink:
<<

nuculerman

Squib
Squib

Post December 12th, 2008, 10:30 am

Neader wrote:
GinnyX wrote:Because he was willing to spare her life because Snape, his most trusted Death Eater, asked him to spare her. But Voldemort didnt' really care enough to argue with her, so he killed her, anyway.

How did I not catch that? I thought he just spared her because she didn't NEED to die, not because Snape asked him, that'd explain why he didn't tell James to "Stand aside." So I guess Voldemort isn't as bad as everyone says? :wink:

No, he's plenty bad. However, he shows a kind of respect for those under him that have proven they are capable. I think this is because he assumes everyone under him is just a moron, but when those people arise that make it so he actually doesn't have to do everything himself, he sees them as a kind of friend, and is thus willing to do more than he usually would for them. The same thing happens with Bellatrix, who, along with Snape, was the only person Voldermort liked, and the two people he came closest to loving (though, not very close). However, Voldermort obviously loved/liked himself more than everyone by a long shot, so when Lily wouldn't move out of the way so that he could end the threat to his immortality, he didn't have a problem killing her. I actually really liked how Rowling did the relationship between Snape and Voldermort. Voldermort thought Snape was so skilled in Occulmecy that he could even fool the great Dumbledore. Of course, he was more right than he realized... And because of that feat, Voldermort had finally found someone he somewhat respected, and almost saw Snape as a friend. I could feel the disappointment in his voice when Snape groveled like a common Death Eater in the end, asking to find the boy. Naturally, Voldermort didn't consider anyone his equal, but Snape came closer than anyone to earning that title.
<<

swimcoc12

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post December 13th, 2008, 1:45 am

nuculerman wrote:
Neader wrote:

No, he's plenty bad. However, he shows a kind of respect for those under him that have proven they are capable. I think this is because he assumes everyone under him is just a moron, but when those people arise that make it so he actually doesn't have to do everything himself, he sees them as a kind of friend, and is thus willing to do more than he usually would for them. The same thing happens with Bellatrix, who, along with Snape, was the only person Voldermort liked, and the two people he came closest to loving (though, not very close). However, Voldermort obviously loved/liked himself more than everyone by a long shot, so when Lily wouldn't move out of the way so that he could end the threat to his immortality, he didn't have a problem killing her. I actually really liked how Rowling did the relationship between Snape and Voldermort. Voldermort thought Snape was so skilled in Occulmecy that he could even fool the great Dumbledore. Of course, he was more right than he realized... And because of that feat, Voldermort had finally found someone he somewhat respected, and almost saw Snape as a friend. I could feel the disappointment in his voice when Snape groveled like a common Death Eater in the end, asking to find the boy. Naturally, Voldermort didn't consider anyone his equal, but Snape came closer than anyone to earning that title.

well put and i a thousand percent agree

courtesy of SL213
<<

Kashish

Squib
Squib

Post December 16th, 2008, 1:58 pm

voldemort would have killed Lily and James anyways... i mean they would have tried to pretect their child... and he would have to... while Voldemort is NOT good.. never.. lol
Wand:11", Ash , Phoenix
Patrounus: Tiger
<<

timothyjames19

First Year
First Year

Post December 19th, 2008, 9:38 am

..^no..

i think you've got it all jumbled up..

..see, the prediction trelawney gave was that a boy born in some month and some day( if forgot the numbers, sorry) was to bring the dark lord's downfall. The either can only live when one of them dies. There were two boys for the job (harry and Neville). Voldy thought it was harry, so the prediction became valid for harry alone.

..Then, as we all know, the murders were needed to carry on for voldy to hold on to his position as undisputed. Unfortunately, James and Lily were on the way, so, as a result, they were killed. They weren't suppose to die, but voldy was willing to kill anyone who was obstructing the way.
<<

Simply Just

Mrs. Neville Longbottom
Mrs. Neville Longbottom

Post December 19th, 2008, 3:20 pm

I hate Voldemort.
"Anyone can bring pen to paper. Only a true writer bleeds the ink." - Simply Just
"If there was no such thing as imagination, the bible would not have been created." - Simply Just
<<

Monox D. I-Fly

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post May 19th, 2017, 2:36 pm

Re:

timothyjames19 wrote:There were two boys for the job (harry and Neville). Voldy thought it was harry, so the prediction became valid for harry alone.

Then, if it was Neville, Voldemort would be succesful, no? Because Snape didn't have any feeling towards Neville's mother thus wouldn't beg Voldemort to spare her life.
The Most Legendary Anti-Hero in Literature History
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post May 19th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Re: Lily/ Voldemort

If Alice Longbottom died to save Neville..then yes it woikd have. He would have the power that the Dark Lord knows not and would have been marked as his equal. The prophecy makes this true.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.

Return to The Great Hall