FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any good crossovers?

<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 11th, 2017, 7:44 pm

Any good crossovers?

Has anyone read any good HP crossover fics? BTW, crossover means that two different fandoms combine. For instance, Harry and Sherlock. Or Harry and Doctor Who.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 11th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Re: Any good crossovers?

I find most fan fiction is really bad and doesn't stay true to the source material. I can imagine having to endure double that while Author butchers two universes.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 11th, 2017, 8:30 pm

I could see it being interesting though...reading about sherlock investigating the mysterious deaths leading up to the deathly hollows...if it was done right.

<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 12th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Well not so much Harry Potter... But there's an anime I like called Durarara and I read a crossover fanfiction where the characters were wizards at Hogwarts. Those are the kind of crossovers that I like, because it's essentially just new characters in the Harry Potter Universe and they tend to butcher characters/plot less. I don't read a lot of fanfiction... I mostly write my own, or sometimes follow a select few authors that I like... I'm very picky. But Durarara is a very good anime. I'm picky when it comes to anime as well.
(he/she/they)
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 13th, 2017, 6:44 am

Never understood the attration to that. Give me Teen Titans Go any day of the week.

So fucking funny.

<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 13th, 2017, 2:31 pm

GinChaser wrote:Never understood the attration to that. Give me Teen Titans Go any day of the week.

So fucking funny.

What, anime?

(Oh no, you have to watch the original Teen Titans. TT Go is trash by comparison. Or, I dunno. It's meant for a younger audience, so who am I to judge. I grew up with Teen Titans though.)

I used to be more into anime... I like the style of it, and I tend to draw in that style myself, to a degree. It's like animation for adults and young adults. You have to find the good ones though. To be honest, I think you would like it.
(he/she/they)
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 13th, 2017, 4:02 pm

I watched TTG with my kids. I love it because it's ridiculous and funny not because you take it seriously.

But I never saw the attraction to Anime. There are a ton of people that love it...and I'm just like....no I don't get it.

<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 13th, 2017, 4:59 pm

GinChaser wrote:I watched TTG with my kids. I love it because it's ridiculous and funny not because you take it seriously.

But I never saw the attraction to Anime. There are a ton of people that love it...and I'm just like....no I don't get it.

Well, it depends on what you watch, and what your taste is... There's something for everyone. If you want Ridiculous and funny, there's Baka and Test... I watched a few episodes of that. Personally, I like the ones with complex plot lines and characters... Not that any of them compare to Harry Potter, but there are some good ones out there.
But if you don't want to watch anime, there are better things to be doing in your time. (Like posting on forums, obviously)
(he/she/they)

Return to Flourish & Blotts