Post January 29th, 2017, 7:42 pm

The Shipping Challenge

I don't know if there is already a thread for this...

I once read a fanfiction by one of my favorite authors, featuring one of my most loathed pairings. (Which she had taken up on a dare/challenge) Hell I still despise that particular pairing, but she pulled it off, and I was impressed, because I didn't think it was possible.

So after that I've come to realize that in the right situation, with a talented writer, any characters can be, at least temporarily, shipped.

So here is the shipping challenge. The above poster will name two characters and the person below will then write a short one-shot or excerpt of those characters. (It can be like only two paragraphs. Or more if you want-- but it should be included in the post, so relatively short is probably best. And everything is pg. Friendshipping or Bromance is also allowed.)

Love it or hate it, but try to make it work. It's a good writing exercise. So feel free to pull names out of a hat. Makes it more fun. >:)

https://www.random.org/lists/
This can help with random name drawing. You could just scramble, then pick the first two.

So since that's what I did, I got Dobby and Hermione. XD
If you don't like that one you could also go with Cedric and James, which I got on another roll... Hm. I could actually see that, if they were from the same time period.
(he/she/they)