FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Molly and Arthur...

<<

Cashmere

Muggle
Muggle

Post April 13th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Molly and Arthur...

In your opinion, do you think that they are a good and compatible couple?

I feel ambivalent towards their relationship.
Molly isn't very supportive of her husband's fascination with the muggle world. I feel like Arthur isn't able to fully explore his hobbies with Molly around, and you shouldn't have to compromise or change your hobbies/interests to be in a relationship.
At the same time, I think that they complement each other rather well, however.

They are both great characters, but are they great for each other? That's the question.
<<

The Librarian

Hogwarts Professor - McGonagall
Hogwarts Professor - McGonagall

Post April 13th, 2016, 11:20 pm

Re: Molly and Arthur...

All relationships are different. Some requires that both parts are alike, whereas some requires opposites that complete each others.
In the end, what makes a good relationship is their feelings. If they both love each others and are happy in that relationship, then it is a good relationship. And from the books, it is clear that Molly and Arthur love each others and that they are very happy.
I support canon because I have actually read the books and seen what they feel and whom they love.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post April 23rd, 2016, 7:57 am

Ron and Hermione
Ron is a big Quidditch fan, playing it his room is decorated with Chudley Cannons, playing wizard chess and exploding snap and reading comics. (Martin Miggs, The Mad Muggle)
Hermione is more interested in learning (took every extra class she needed a time turner), stopping elf enslavement and reading books.

Relationships in the books are similar.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post April 23rd, 2016, 9:16 pm

I don't think we saw enough of their relationship to really judge it well. Is there divorce in the wizarding world? They married when they were, what, 18, 19? Had lots of kids soon thereafter. They might be like a lot of long married couples in that they kind of both grow into and out of each other.
<<

hermod

Second Year
Second Year

Post April 24th, 2016, 1:07 am

Like his father, Arthur, Ron can "roll with the punch" and can let his wife "says what she says like so long as he can do what he does like"
It was said that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and let them type for eternity, eventually they would reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know this isn't true.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 7th, 2016, 2:53 pm

Well Harry Potter is not a romance novel.
Some character's relationships never appear in the books or even have names.
The names of Hermione's parents, Cho's Muggle husband. (Hopefully find out one day)
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

Deitus

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post September 7th, 2016, 3:31 pm

I would say based on how often Aurther knocks his wife up, that they get along just fine.
<<

DanPot

First Year
First Year

Post September 7th, 2016, 6:15 pm

They are a well-adjusted couple with genuine affection for each other and a functional relationship. The proof is in the Weasley family pudding - a great batch of successful, happy children. I would have enjoyed being in that family far more than I did my own.
Image The HarHerRon Flower
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post September 8th, 2016, 8:46 am

DanPot wrote:They are a well-adjusted couple with genuine affection for each other and a functional relationship. The proof is in the Weasley family pudding - a great batch of successful, happy children. I would have enjoyed being in that family far more than I did my own.

Let it out, Dan.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 8th, 2016, 8:10 pm

Were you the Percy in your family Dan?
<<

DanPot

First Year
First Year

Post September 8th, 2016, 11:29 pm

Grrarrggh wrote:Were you the Percy in your family Dan?

I was ready to write all about it, but I won't. No need to spread the misery. Cheer up, little bird!! Chirp chirp!
Image The HarHerRon Flower
<<

Naskatew

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 22nd, 2016, 3:49 am

little bird!! Chirp chirp!
gclub ผ่านเว็บ
<<

sports

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 6th, 2017, 7:58 pm

When Arthur got badly injured by Voldemort's snake Nagini, Molly showed how much she loved him.

I never doubted their marriage throughout the entire series actually. They seemed happily married.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 7th, 2017, 2:19 am

sports wrote:When Arthur got badly injured by Voldemort's snake Nagini, Molly showed how much she loved him.

I never doubted their marriage throughout the entire series actually. They seemed happily married.

How did she show that? By actually responding? That could also be fear that the only breadwinner of the house could die.
<<

sports

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 10th, 2017, 6:46 pm

Grrarrggh wrote:
sports wrote:When Arthur got badly injured by Voldemort's snake Nagini, Molly showed how much she loved him.

How did she show that? By actually responding? That could also be fear that the only breadwinner of the house could die.

There wasn't something in particular she did or said, it was just a general feeling I suppose. I just never got the sense that their marriage was troubled, fake or without true love.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 11th, 2017, 2:01 am

Then how could she "show" how much she loved him if she didn't do or say anything?
<<

hermod

Second Year
Second Year

Post January 12th, 2017, 2:40 am

Sheese

They are a married couple with seven kids. She is dominate and he avoids and works around her dictatorship just like Hermione and Ron do in the epilogue. Whether or not they still "love" they have accommodated to each other and have a successful marriage that will last. Long time married people recognize the "hot buttons" and have learned over the years to avoid them. Neither Molly nor Arthur see any future for themselves outside their relationship. Old marriages have survived and learned to adapt from the initial rush of passion. Seven kids shows that they are still interested enough in each other to get in on in the bedroom.

Also remember the maxim that "A man should allow his wife to say what she likes so long as he can do what he likes."
It was said that if you gave a million monkeys typewriters and let them type for eternity, eventually they would reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the internet, we now know this isn't true.
<<

Hermionesbrains

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 20th, 2017, 3:36 pm

I Love how she tells him " even you wouldn`t be THAT stupid" after he has a healer stitch his wound. Now that`s true love.
But seriously I always saw them as a couple truly in Love in all those books. I always felt that they really respected and loved each other and had each other`s backs. The issue that she didn`t like his muggle infatuation is just part of them being a couple of many years and there is always something that irritates you about a partner, after less time than they are together.
<<

Goblet of Fire

First Year
First Year

Post June 8th, 2017, 9:00 am

I love Molly/Arthur. They have issues in parenting but towards each other, you can tell they're usually there for one another.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post June 9th, 2017, 5:38 am

Like what?

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Goblet of Fire

First Year
First Year

Post June 9th, 2017, 5:42 am

Well, Molly sometimes puts Percy, Bill and Charlie at a pedestal and I feel that's not good parenting because it makes the younger ones feel bad.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post June 9th, 2017, 6:00 am

Its a fair point.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post July 10th, 2017, 11:10 am

They either would be a bad couple or a normal traiditional couple in real world. But that's not the case in Harry Potter series. They deeply care for each other and they get along nice. That's enough for me to like them.

Return to Relationships