FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

resurrection stone

<<

ferfykins

Second Year
Second Year

Post October 11th, 2017, 4:06 am

resurrection stone

Dumbledore says no spell can reawaken the dead.... So i'm wondering if the resurrection stone could, or does it just make the user hallucinate the dead?
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post October 11th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Re: resurrection stone

It can bring the dead back I think. But the dead does not belong to this world anymore
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 11th, 2017, 10:52 pm

It seems to bring back a sort of shade. A very unhappy shade.
<<

MadamPince

Time Lady
Time Lady

Post October 17th, 2017, 5:44 pm

It depends on what you class 'reawakening the dead' as. I personally interpret it as bringing someone back to life.

The ghosts that we see from the resurrection stone have not been brought back to life, their consciousness have simply been brought back to earth for a short amount of time.

Also, the stone can't bring anyone back, I understood it that it had to be someone with meaning to the holder. Therefore, we could also argue, that it's all a lot of bull anyway, and that the visions that are seen is just some special magic that brings those who are special to us back and no one else can see them. Dumbledore says it himself that those we love never truly leave us, and I think that the stone shows that beautifully. So could these apparitions simply be in the holder's mind?
Currently Reading: Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave

Return to Theories and Speculation