<<

Olgidos

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 26th, 2016, 5:07 pm

My 3 Problems with the complete Story

Hell there
About me:
I am from Germany (so my English isn't awesome). I read all the books more then 5 times and
listend to the audio books many times.
It's my first time in this forum so I don't know, if my topic get already a lot of discussion. Then please give me a link =)

1. (4. Harry Potter): Why is the trophy the teleportation key? Wouldn't it be much easier for the false mad eye to teleport Harry with an other objects to Voldemort. He got Harry in his office. So couldn't he just give him a pen or something?

2. House elfes in general. I mean they are op as fuck^^. They can instantly go to every point and with everyone... Voldemort could get himself directly into Harry's bedroom. Or Harry directly to him. Everyone who got an house elf could tell him, to stab everyone he wants dead instantly in a splitsecond. They can get into hogwarda the ministerium ... Probably gringods.
Why does the orden need a whool team to get Harry away from his family ... Just ask kreacher...

3. Fight again Voldemort ... To kill voldi you need to defeate him AND destroy all horkruxes. But why does they start with the second? Isn't it much more important do defeat him. Then imprison him or give him the kiss from an dementor. And then you got every time you need to find the horkruxes. This way is much less dengarous...
And if someone say they you can't defeat Voldemort first. But why can you after the horkruxes are destroyed. They don't weaken him they just enable that he can be killed.

So I hope you where able to get everything I want to say and maybe give me your thoughts =)
Olgidos
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post August 26th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Re: My 3 Problems with the complete Story

1. I think (only think because really the whole thing was overthought by Voldy/Dumbles/JKR) that they wanted Harry's disappearance to be a mystery that could be blamed on who knows what, and with it happening in the middle of the competition there would be more time and more suspects? I don't know. That whole book from Voldy's POV always left me confused.

2. No wizard respects house-elves so no wizard ever finds out how useful they are and how different there magic is. I guess.

3. It was probably easier to deal with it backwards. If they'd gone after Voldy first there's very little chance they'd come out of that alive. And even after that he still wouldn't be gone for good.
<<

Mrs. Fig

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 30th, 2016, 3:38 am

With the house elves, wizards may have preferred to stick their heads in the sand about their potential. If they started giving them tasks beyond cleaning and cooking it may have emboldened them and sparked a revolt.
<<

Deitus

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post September 30th, 2016, 3:46 pm

Mrs. Fig wrote:With the house elves, wizards may have preferred to stick their heads in the sand about their potential. If they started giving them tasks beyond cleaning and cooking it may have emboldened them and sparked a revolt.

Agreed. It is a dangerous idea to train your abused slaves how to efficiently take down wizards. You would be next once they realize how fragile you are.
<<

jenny-madeleine

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 3rd, 2016, 4:29 pm

This is what I think about your points...

1. I can imagine many reasons for this way: first nobody sees him going - Harry isn't really missing, he is in the labyrinth and even if they would see him disappearing with the port key, nobody would knew who it was. It would be too obvious if Moody just gave him something... And additionally Voldemort can plan very good - he knows approximately when Harry is coming and so there is everything prepared then.

2. I never thought about this :) But to me the house elf revolt Thing seems to be a really good explanation.

3. If they would have killed Voldemort first, he wasn't completely dead and he could do the ceremony to get his body back again and again. Maybe?
<<

harryfan95

First Year
First Year

Post October 8th, 2016, 10:35 pm

For the Triwizard Tournament thing, my theory is that Voldemort wanted Harry to think he had just hit fame, and then teleport him away to find out that everything was going to go wrong. He hated Harry, so it would make since for him to fool him like this right before killing him.
"HARRY! DID YA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET A FIYA?" he asked calmly.
<<

Pensieve Seeker

Squib
Squib

Post February 11th, 2017, 3:59 am

All of the books were written as ring compositions. The first time Harry and Cedric (along with the others) touch a portkey is in Chapter 6- The Portkey. The second time is at the end of Chapter 31- The Third Task. Each chapter is essentially equidistant from the middle.
<<

GellertGPhoenix

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post February 11th, 2017, 6:31 am

Pensieve Seeker wrote:All of the books were written as ring compositions. The first time Harry and Cedric (along with the others) touch a portkey is in Chapter 6- The Portkey. The second time is at the end of Chapter 31- The Third Task. Each chapter is essentially equidistant from the middle.

That's interesting.
(he/she/they)
<<

MadamPince

Time Lady
Time Lady

Post February 16th, 2017, 6:35 pm

Olgidos wrote:Hell there
About me:
I am from Germany (so my English isn't awesome). I read all the books more then 5 times and
listend to the audio books many times.
It's my first time in this forum so I don't know, if my topic get already a lot of discussion. Then please give me a link =)

1. (4. Harry Potter): Why is the trophy the teleportation key? Wouldn't it be much easier for the false mad eye to teleport Harry with an other objects to Voldemort. He got Harry in his office. So couldn't he just give him a pen or something?

If Mad-Eye (Crouch Jr) had done that then it would have been obvious that he had a hand in Harry's death/disappearance. Voldemort needed his comeback to be quiet until he had regained his followers and power. The Tri-Wizard Tournament has a bloody history so if Harry had died in the maze it would have looked like a tragic accident and would not have revealed Voldemort's comeback. The only way they could have killed him during the competition was during the maze as at all other times he was either in the public eye or out of reach.

Olgidos wrote:2. House elfes in general. I mean they are op as fuck^^. They can instantly go to every point and with everyone... Voldemort could get himself directly into Harry's bedroom. Or Harry directly to him. Everyone who got an house elf could tell him, to stab everyone he wants dead instantly in a splitsecond. They can get into hogwarda the ministerium ... Probably gringods.
Why does the orden need a whool team to get Harry away from his family ... Just ask kreacher...

At this point, Kreacher was not to be trusted. House Elves can go against their masters wishes if they really want to (Dobby) so he wasn't a safe bet.
Also I think the fact that they can do so much magic really says something about how superior wizards think they are.

Olgidos wrote:3. Fight again Voldemort ... To kill voldi you need to defeate him AND destroy all horkruxes. But why does they start with the second? Isn't it much more important do defeat him. Then imprison him or give him the kiss from an dementor. And then you got every time you need to find the horkruxes. This way is much less dengarous...
And if someone say they you can't defeat Voldemort first. But why can you after the horkruxes are destroyed. They don't weaken him they just enable that he can be killed.

So I hope you where able to get everything I want to say and maybe give me your thoughts =)
Olgidos

I think you're forgetting just how powerful Voldemort was. Do you really think that anyone other than Dumbledore would have been able to injure him severely enough that he would be able to be captured. And then do you think he would have remained in captivity - remember that he had a huge following full of ruthless and dedicated followers - they would risk their lives to get him out of jail. Also the dementors were on his side - they're not going to kiss the man who is feeding them.
The best bet to kill Voldemort was to make sure that when he was struck down he stayed down.

You also need to remember how important the prophecy is to Voldemort's demise.
Currently Reading: Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave

Return to Theories and Speculation