Females Smarter Than Males.

<<

Kazane Kagari

Hogwarts Professor - Snape

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Re: Females Smarter Than Males.

King James wrote:
Ninja Fairy Cakes wrote:It's because men, such as HEAT/HEATLE/King James, still believe that men are better than women instead of the truth, which is actually that intelligence varies from person to person and the gender has nothing to do with it. Unless you're in country where the females are not allowed an education and what not because in that case they can't be expected to know as much as the males.

Well men ARE smarter than women. Like I said before, all of the top positions in the world are filled with men, not women. I mean of course there are a lot of smart women, but they'll never have the impact on society that men do.

But that would only be be because of the pre-existing stereotypes. One of the strongest prime ministers was Margaret Thatcher, even if she went crazy at the end of her run, and I thought all you Americans were practically in love with Hillary Clinton? These are fine examples of women who managed to battle their way to the top and are exceedingly intelligent but it is so difficult to do it when you're expected to dress nicely all the time, look perfect, get married, have kids, try and keep your marriage strong and your husband happy. How are you supposed to do that with a career? I think women as a whole have bundles more pressure placed on them then men do and it's a wonder any of us get anywhere due to the stress of it all.

Tumblr: kazanekagarii.tumblr.com
<<

Cersei Snark

Mrs. Bonham Carter
Mrs. Bonham Carter

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:11 pm

It wouldn't be like that if it wasn't for the fact that men would not let women get to the top. We've been oppressed for so long that even though we could be smarter men are too scared to let us try to prove it.
Tumblr: joannesrowling.tumblr.com
Sigourney Weaver and Julianne Moore are lesbian lovers.
<<

Warrior Princess

VampBitch
VampBitch

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:11 pm

King James wrote:Well men ARE smarter than women. Like I said before, all of the top positions in the world are filled with men, not women. I mean of course there are a lot of smart women, but they'll never have the impact on society that men do.

Are you ignoring the social and historical factors that evoked this course of events on purpose or do you just not get it?
Last edited by Warrior Princess on January 27th, 2013, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kazane Kagari

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:14 pm

But yeah, you know, prejudice is still rife.

<<

Heat

G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Parade of the Sun wrote:
King James wrote:Well men ARE smarter than women. Like I said before, all of the top positions in the world are filled with men, not women. I mean of course there are a lot of smart women, but they'll never have the impact on society that men do.

Are you ignoring the social and historical factors that evoked this course of events on purpose or do you just not get it?

And so? Are we supposed to ignore all of men's achievements just because the women didn't have the same playing field or whatever? All I'm saying is that RIGHT NOW, lets says in the US, men are higher up than women when it comes to these important professions.
"How do you sleep at night?" "On a bed made of money." - Don Draper
<<

Nynaeve

Jennifer
Jennifer

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Achievement doesn't mean you're smarter than someone else.
Thanks Naz
<<

Warrior Princess

VampBitch
VampBitch

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:22 pm

King James wrote:
Parade of the Sun wrote:

And so? Are we supposed to ignore all of men's achievements just because the women didn't have the same playing field or whatever? All I'm saying is that RIGHT NOW, lets says in the US, men are higher up than women when it comes to these important professions.

Oh, yes, poor men, God forbid we ignore something they've achieved during the centuries of oppressing women! All I'm saying is that men are more successful RIGHT NOW because of the bullshit they've been putting us through for centuries. Sexism, misogyny and gender inequality are far from being solved.

Jayfer wrote:Achievement doesn't mean you're smarter than someone else.

+1
<<

Kazane Kagari

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:24 pm

A lot of success in a job is just luck and charisma, especially when you think about generations past when you just had to be able to charm someone into giving you a job and you could work your way up from there. A lot of it is what class and family you're born into as well, which obviously isn't something you can control.

<<

Cersei Snark

Mrs. Bonham Carter
Mrs. Bonham Carter

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Achievement is down to luck and who you have backing your corner. Sure, you need some brains to get there, but in many cases it's just investing at the right time and being charismatic enough to pull it off.
<<

Heat

G.O.A.T.
G.O.A.T.

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:28 pm

So, being in these professions that require intelligence and finishing college, doesn't intricate smartness? Wat?
"How do you sleep at night?" "On a bed made of money." - Don Draper
<<

Cersei Snark

Mrs. Bonham Carter
Mrs. Bonham Carter

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:32 pm

Anyone can buy their way into university. Girls have pressure on them from like conception or something to grow up in beautiful young mothers who can run a stable home. No one wants girls to have careers. Maybe they're just worried that there would be far too much competition if they leveled the playing field.
<<

Kazane Kagari

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:37 pm

The only reason I would ever want to be male is because it would be so much easier for me to have opinions.

<<

Cersei Snark

Mrs. Bonham Carter
Mrs. Bonham Carter

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Like if a woman in industry is harsh, everyone hates her. But if a man does it, good on him. Chris Brown beat up Rhianna and everyone still loves him, but Kristen Stewart had an affair with a married man which is evidently all her fault and I'm sure she seduced him of course and now everyone hates her. That's just a prime example of gender inequality in the media.
<<

Kazane Kagari

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Auraya Kairi Black wrote:Like if a woman in industry is harsh, everyone hates her. But if a man does it, good on him. Chris Brown beat up Rhianna and everyone still loves him, but Kristen Stewart had an affair with a married man which is evidently all her fault and I'm sure she seduced him of course and now everyone hates her. That's just a prime example of gender inequality in the media.

And there are nearly no famous ugly women actors yet their are plenty of men who are employed because they are ugly to fill roles.

<<

Nynaeve

Jennifer
Jennifer

Post January 27th, 2013, 3:53 pm

King James wrote:

So, being in these professions that require intelligence and finishing college, doesn't intricate smartness? Wat?

Of course it involves smartness in that field; but that doesn't mean you are smarter than someone else in everything. You could be a brilliant surgeon, and be stupider than ! when it comes to programming your DVD player or stupid at forming relationships.

I'm smarter than you in my career field, but that doesn't mean I'm smarter at math like you.
Thanks Naz
<<

Nucky Luciano

Heir of Slytherin
Heir of Slytherin

Post January 27th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Jayfer wrote:
King James wrote:

Of course it involves smartness in that field; but that doesn't mean you are smarter than someone else in everything. You could be a brilliant surgeon, and be stupider than ! when it comes to programming your DVD player or stupid at forming relationships.

I'm smarter than you in my career field, but that doesn't mean I'm smarter at math like you.

Well said Jayfer.. :D
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse
<<

Alastor

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post January 27th, 2013, 9:06 pm

I would love to see a female lead the Presidential office of the United States. However, Hillary Clinton is not my choice, at all.
RIP Steve Jobs -- 1955-2011 -- The world's greatest technological mastermind and visionary.
<<

Kazane Kagari

Post January 27th, 2013, 9:26 pm

I know almost nothing about the political system in the United Sates, but at least she isn't a Republican.

<<

Professor Squirrel

A Free Elf
A Free Elf

Post January 27th, 2013, 9:33 pm

I still don't understand the names: Republicans and Democrats... Republicans don't want a republic without democracy and the Democrats don't want democracy without a republic, so it would just make more sense if they were called: Conservatives and Liberals.

ETA... Sorry, thought this was the Random Club... OnTopic: Still haven't changed my mind. Still think that the smartest thing is for men and women to cooperate rather than trying to determine who is smarter or better.
To those who jump, no explanation is necessary. To those who don't, no explanation is possible.
"Of all the things I have lost in my life, my mind is the thing that I miss the most." - Ozzy Osbourne
<<

Kazane Kagari

Post January 27th, 2013, 9:42 pm

See that's what I want. I just want people to be judged on what they know and what they can do, rather than they're physical attributes.

<<

Cersei Snark

Mrs. Bonham Carter
Mrs. Bonham Carter

Post January 27th, 2013, 10:35 pm

Personalities should be a lot more important than smarts anyway, and it seems to be easier to find kind, caring, etc. teenage girls than teenage boys.
<<

Professor Squirrel

A Free Elf
A Free Elf

Post January 27th, 2013, 10:59 pm

I don't know about that. Teenage girls can be absolutely vicious under a sugar coating and boys can be caring, but hiding it with macho behavior in order not to be branded a gay. It's dangerous to make generalized assumptions in either direction. That's what is responsible for the male domination over women in the first place.
To those who jump, no explanation is necessary. To those who don't, no explanation is possible.
"Of all the things I have lost in my life, my mind is the thing that I miss the most." - Ozzy Osbourne
<<

Alastor

Site Admin
Site Admin

Post January 27th, 2013, 11:17 pm

Dobby2dmaX wrote:I don't know about that. Teenage girls can be absolutely vicious under a sugar coating and boys can be caring, but hiding it with macho behavior in order not to be branded a gay. It's dangerous to make generalized assumptions in either direction. That's what is responsible for the male domination over women in the first place.

Yeah, gender roles have led to a lot of stereotypical behavior and perception through out the world. Studies have shown that if you raise a male under what society deems as female conditions, they will act very much like females in our society today. This works both ways. While exceptions might exist, it is important to understand the psychological and sociological impact that parents and peers make on children's lives. I try to ignore gender stereotypes and the roles society has programmed into everyone's minds what a male and female should do. I'm not afraid to admit enjoying Twilight or going into shoe and accessory stores with my girlfriend, which I have done for hours on a few occasions.
RIP Steve Jobs -- 1955-2011 -- The world's greatest technological mastermind and visionary.
<<

Cersei Snark

Mrs. Bonham Carter
Mrs. Bonham Carter

Post January 27th, 2013, 11:49 pm

See, now you're a cool guy. It's actually all about how kids are brought up. If we just brought them up without telling them what they should do/like or making them attempt to fit into pre-designed gender roles than everyone would like what they wanted to. *sigh* It's a big issue really, but one that hardly anyone seems prepared to tackle.
<<

Professor Squirrel

A Free Elf
A Free Elf

Post January 28th, 2013, 12:25 am

But it ís being tackled. Like I said before, cultural change like that doesn't happen overnight. The last 2 or 3 generations of women before you have tackled a great deal already, giving you opportunities they never had. Your/our generation will have to weather the 'tolerance' phase, so that perhaps the next generation or the one after that will have the acceptance that is needed.
PreviousNext

Return to The Leaky Cauldron