FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cheating

<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post March 3rd, 2016, 4:14 pm

Re: Cheating

Warrior Princess wrote:Communication is important and so are the rules. We both abide by the rules we created together once we decided to do this.

Will all your relationships be like this or is it something just between yourselves atm?
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post March 3rd, 2016, 4:22 pm

Warrior Princess wrote:
The Fifth Marauder wrote:
Warrior Princess wrote:Communication is important and so are the rules. We both abide by the rules we created together once we decided to do this. We haven't gone to the full extent yet, but we're going to discuss it in the future. I trust him 100% and I know he trusts me, so I don't feel threatened in any way. And if it doesn't work out, we'll part our ways and hopefully stay friends.

So what would you consider as "cheating" in your relationship? I imagine it's definitely in a lot of different open relationships.

Well, if our rule is only have sex with one person once (to avoid emotional attachment, etc) and my boyfriend goes and does it a few more times, that would break my trust in him. Also, if he feels he likes someone more than just a crush and he keeps it from me, and I find out, I'd probably not be happy. We can work everything out if we're honest, that's how I see things. Lying and hiding is never good, no matter the nature of the relationship.

Seems pretty fair.
<<

Warrior Princess

VampBitch
VampBitch

Post March 3rd, 2016, 4:30 pm

Sauron wrote:
Warrior Princess wrote:Communication is important and so are the rules. We both abide by the rules we created together once we decided to do this.

Will all your relationships be like this or is it something just between yourselves atm?

This is my only open relationship, but I could do monogamy. It's just boring.
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 13th, 2017, 9:18 pm

All of these problems with cheating and the associated getting feelings hurt and such could be solved with open relationships where you say up front that you reserve the right to date other people. And legal marriages where messy divorces comes from should be gotten rid of because marriages are just to show your significant other how much they mean to you but if you take that out as the ultimate sign of one's love for another, then something a lot less potentially emotionally risky in the future can replace it, lol. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post November 14th, 2017, 12:12 am

Haley wrote:All of these problems with cheating and the associated getting feelings hurt and such could be solved with open relationships where you say up front that you reserve the right to date other people. And legal marriages where messy divorces comes from should be gotten rid of because marriages are just to show your significant other how much they mean to you but if you take that out as the ultimate sign of one's love for another, then something a lot less potentially emotionally risky in the future can replace it, lol. :)

Actually, legally marriage is there to protect the spouse and children in many legal and monetary ways.
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 14th, 2017, 12:38 am

Grrarrggh wrote:
Haley wrote:All of these problems with cheating and the associated getting feelings hurt and such could be solved with open relationships where you say up front that you reserve the right to date other people. And legal marriages where messy divorces comes from should be gotten rid of because marriages are just to show your significant other how much they mean to you but if you take that out as the ultimate sign of one's love for another, then something a lot less potentially emotionally risky in the future can replace it, lol. :)

Actually, legally marriage is there to protect the spouse and children in many legal and monetary ways.

But it can ruin an ex-spouse when he or she has to pay a large percentage of his earnings and future earnings if, say, the other spouse doesn't work, lol. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
Previous

Return to The Leaky Cauldron