FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Do you believe in God?

<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 13th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Although religions are catalysts of violence, religion only is not the source of all violence. Violence is human nature from our old ancestors, from battles in forests of Africa where they survived by becoming the fittest by their mind and cruelty. Religion is an offspring of this battle. It gives you certain enemies, so you can bond with your religion mates and destroy them.
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 13th, 2017, 8:41 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:Although religions are catalysts of violence, religion only is not the source of all violence. Violence is human nature from our old ancestors, from battles in forests of Africa where they survived by becoming the fittest by their mind and cruelty. Religion is an offspring of this battle. It gives you certain enemies, so you can bond with your religion mates and destroy them.


Religion has been used as a source of violence, yes, but Christianity and Islam, etc. has also made people more considerate and kinder to others, at least somewhat, lol. :)

-- November 13th, 2017, 9:19 pm --

Why is might is right always holding true in all circumstances, lol? Religion is really only that it seems to me because people are always trying to align themselves with whoever is the most powerful and an omnipotent God is the ultimate form of that, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 14th, 2017, 4:43 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

You seriously believe this? Christianity and Islam (also Judaism) are the most violent of all advanced religions (not counting animist religions with blood rituals)

They do not make anyone considerate and kinder. You live in 21st century after a very great reform of Christianity all around globe and partial reform of Islam in some countries. Before that there were crusades, jihads, inquisitions, alcohol killings, etc. In Medieval Christianity; your neighbors could blame you for being a witch and inquisitors may burned you only for this.
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 14th, 2017, 4:59 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:You seriously believe this? Christianity and Islam (also Judaism) are the most violent of all advanced religions (not counting animist religions with blood rituals)

They do not make anyone considerate and kinder. You live in 21st century after a very great reform of Christianity all around globe and partial reform of Islam in some countries. Before that there were crusades, jihads, inquisitions, alcohol killings, etc. In Medieval Christianity; your neighbors could blame you for being a witch and inquisitors may burned you only for this.


Of course, I believe this. I already know about everything you said and more (concerning violence perpetrated by Christians and Muslims) and acknowledged it but on the flip-side, religion has made people kinder and nicer towards each other. All of the moral precepts of these religions made people kinder towards each other, simply because imposed morals on a society does that to varying degrees. If Christianity didn't come along (I don't know about Islam), the world would be more barbaric than otherwise, unless some other wide-spread moral system had come along, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 14th, 2017, 5:44 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

You do not know any kind of history then. Pagan religions are not imperialist, they do not tend to create wars for religion. This was why pagan religions mostly were much more peaceful than monotheistic religions. Christianity only killed more than 10 million people in religious wars of Europe only. Islam killed more than 1 million people in only 15 years.

Meanwhile; Ancient Roman religion didn't kill anyone because they accept all gods peacefully.

You think they make you kinder because you born probably at the end of 20th century. Religions, especiallly Abrahamic monotheistic religions, are the cancer of this world created by humans to damage all humanity.
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 14th, 2017, 7:28 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:You do not know any kind of history then. Pagan religions are not imperialist, they do not tend to create wars for religion. This was why pagan religions mostly were much more peaceful than monotheistic religions. Christianity only killed more than 10 million people in religious wars of Europe only. Islam killed more than 1 million people in only 15 years.

Meanwhile; Ancient Roman religion didn't kill anyone because they accept all gods peacefully.

You think they make you kinder because you born probably at the end of 20th century. Religions, especiallly Abrahamic monotheistic religions, are the cancer of this world created by humans to damage all humanity.


Do you know how violent and barbaric ancient history was with their pagan religions, lol? :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 2:42 am --

I understand the violent history of Christianity and Islam but my point still stands: they made people kinder and nicer, and yes, it was only clearly seen in the past few centuries, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 2:53 am --

And I know my history sir, don't underestimate that, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 14th, 2017, 8:06 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

Pagan religions mostly tend to sacrifice humans, which is obviously barbaric. But they didn't atart wars with millions of casualties for religions. 7 years war in europe ended with 33-35 million dead, war was between catholics and protestants. I highly doubt any religious pagan war took 33 million lives. Just go worship Lav-Lav if you don't know anything about religions
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 14th, 2017, 8:50 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:Pagan religions mostly tend to sacrifice humans, which is obviously barbaric. But they didn't atart wars with millions of casualties for religions. 7 years war in europe ended with 33-35 million dead, war was between catholics and protestants. I highly doubt any religious pagan war took 33 million lives. Just go worship Lav-Lav if you don't know anything about religions


Worshiping Lav-Lav would be a pagan religion, lol, so it would be something that you would do remember, lol. You are the pagan religion lover, here, buddy, remember, lol. :)

Remember, I know my history, so don't mess with me on that, lol. :) You still haven't addressed my point about Christianity making people influenced by its morals nicer and kinder, lol. :) It was clearly evident in the past few centuries but there were pockets of it in the past, pretty big pockets, too, if you ask me, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 3:54 am --

I already know about Christianity's and Islam's violent history, so don't lecture me, and I already told you that I know about that, so I don't know why you keep ignoring that fact, lol. :) I told you it a few times already, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 6:34 am --

Obviously, I'm a Christian, lol. Maybe not obvious to you guys, lol, but to me it is abundantly obvious, lol. But my question is if God was a human or was held to human standards, He would be seen as probably the worst figure in human history, lol. I mean, drowning almost everybody in the whole world, etc., lol. And being able to prevent all of these atrocities in human history from happening and not doing it, lol. Yet, He is not held to human standards, and we are supposed to worship Him, lol? I just don't know what God is or is supposed to be, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 6:37 am --

Oh, the above were just musings, lol. I am not sacrilegious, lol. Praise God! Hallelujah! :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 14th, 2017, 2:18 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

I addressed your point already. Ethics does not come from religions or gods. Ethics come from social evolution of humankind
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1975

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post November 14th, 2017, 10:06 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Religion doesn't have much to do with being good to other humans/nature/animals. It's the people themselves that do that. They may use religion as a reason but it's a sad reason because they're discounting their own selves when they do.
Image
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 14th, 2017, 11:22 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:I addressed your point already. Ethics does not come from religions or gods. Ethics come from social evolution of humankind


Of course some ethics comes from religions. Haven't you heard of the 10 Commandments, lol? :)

And no, you haven't addressed my point. You said that I only think that religions make you kinder because I was born at the end of the 20th century, but that is not true at all. That statement by you tells me that you don't know a darn thing about history, lol. I am going by what happened in history. Abolitionists, for example, were for the most part, Christians, lol. Many Catholic saints had very positive impacts on society, lol. The parables of Jesus and the teachings of the Bible positively impacted large parts of the world. So, your statement shows me your ignorance of history, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 6:37 pm --

Grrarrggh wrote:Religion doesn't have much to do with being good to other humans/nature/animals. It's the people themselves that do that. They may use religion as a reason but it's a sad reason because they're discounting their own selves when they do.


A clear case to counter what you just said is Mother Theresa, lol. She was only helpful to the poor and the sick because she felt compelled by her faith, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1975

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post November 15th, 2017, 3:43 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

Haley wrote:
MarsUltor wrote:I addressed your point already. Ethics does not come from religions or gods. Ethics come from social evolution of humankind


Of course some ethics comes from religions. Haven't you heard of the 10 Commandments, lol? :)

And no, you haven't addressed my point. You said that I only think that religions make you kinder because I was born at the end of the 20th century, but that is not true at all. That statement by you tells me that you don't know a darn thing about history, lol. I am going by what happened in history. Abolitionists, for example, were for the most part, Christians, lol. Many Catholic saints had very positive impacts on society, lol. The parables of Jesus and the teachings of the Bible positively impacted large parts of the world. So, your statement shows me your ignorance of history, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 6:37 pm --

Grrarrggh wrote:Religion doesn't have much to do with being good to other humans/nature/animals. It's the people themselves that do that. They may use religion as a reason but it's a sad reason because they're discounting their own selves when they do.


A clear case to counter what you just said is Mother Theresa, lol. She was only helpful to the poor and the sick because she felt compelled by her faith, lol. :)


Millions, billions, of others have shared Mother Theresa's faith and not done the same. In fact, they've done the opposite and harmed the poor and the sick. Some of them have even used their faith as a reason behind what they did/do.

Most slave owners were Christians too. Were they reading a special bible? Was the Pope who didn't speak out against the Nazis, and in fact may have ordered that Catholics help them or at the very least turned a blind eye to it, less Catholic than the ones who helped and hid Jews at the same time? Religion had nothing to do with it. It was all the person themselves.
Image
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 15th, 2017, 4:07 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

10 Commandments is absolute bulls..., not ethics.

Sabbath, believing only one god. What are relations of these with ethics?

You don't kill anyone, you don't steal. Every society have these rules, with or without god
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 15th, 2017, 4:08 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

Grrarrggh wrote:
Haley wrote:
MarsUltor wrote:I addressed your point already. Ethics does not come from religions or gods. Ethics come from social evolution of humankind


Of course some ethics comes from religions. Haven't you heard of the 10 Commandments, lol? :)

And no, you haven't addressed my point. You said that I only think that religions make you kinder because I was born at the end of the 20th century, but that is not true at all. That statement by you tells me that you don't know a darn thing about history, lol. I am going by what happened in history. Abolitionists, for example, were for the most part, Christians, lol. Many Catholic saints had very positive impacts on society, lol. The parables of Jesus and the teachings of the Bible positively impacted large parts of the world. So, your statement shows me your ignorance of history, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 6:37 pm --

Grrarrggh wrote:Religion doesn't have much to do with being good to other humans/nature/animals. It's the people themselves that do that. They may use religion as a reason but it's a sad reason because they're discounting their own selves when they do.


A clear case to counter what you just said is Mother Theresa, lol. She was only helpful to the poor and the sick because she felt compelled by her faith, lol. :)


Millions, billions, of others have shared Mother Theresa's faith and not done the same. In fact, they've done the opposite and harmed the poor and the sick. Some of them have even used their faith as a reason behind what they did/do.

Most slave owners were Christians too. Were they reading a special bible? Was the Pope who didn't speak out against the Nazis, and in fact may have ordered that Catholics help them or at the very least turned a blind eye to it, less Catholic than the ones who helped and hid Jews at the same time? Religion had nothing to do with it. It was all the person themselves.


You see, people have done horrible things in the name of religion, yes, lol. But you, like the other guy, aren't seeing how Christianity has actually made people do nice things, too, lol. Saint Paul, before he was beheaded, was organizing a huge poor relief. Protestants led the way in terms of prison reforms and more humane treatment of the insane. Charles Henry Brent saw how opium addiction was hurting the people of the Phillipines and got the U.S. government to do something about it which led to the Opium Convention. There are many examples of how Christianity has made the world a nicer place, lol. :)

You keep citing examples of how people used Christianity for bad purposes and I keep citing examples of people for good purposes, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 11:10 pm --

MarsUltor wrote:10 Commandments is absolute bulls..., not ethics.

Sabbath, believing only one god. What are relations of these with ethics?

You don't kill anyone, you don't steal. Every society have these rules, with or without god


You said that ethics does not come from religion. I cited an example where ethics did come from a religion, the 10 Commandments, so it is not bull, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 11:13 pm --

Other examples is love marriages. Gratian introduced into the legal world in the Western world the concept that the consent of the couple was required for marriage and that there was an age of consent requirement for marriage, lol. Those ideas made the world a nicer place, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 11:14 pm --

Another example of ethics coming from a religion is the precept to not kill animals in Jainism, lol. :)

-- November 14th, 2017, 11:29 pm --

If you want to know why many of the atrocities committed in the name of Christianity happened is because political power got infused into it, same with other religions, lol.
Blame Constantine, lol, and Clovis, lol. Blame Muhammed for being a political leader, lol. A Zoroastrian priest got the king to flay Mani (Manichaeism) alive, lol. Asoka killed around 20,000 followers of a certain philosophy because a follower of it portrayed the Buddha in a bad light, according to him, in a work of art, lol. Brahmins had political power which made the caste system such an oppressive system, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 15th, 2017, 11:21 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

I am not talking about good or bad Christians. There are really good Muslims all around me too but we also know ISIS. It's not about people, it's about religion.

Religion itself does not create ethics nor support ethics of 21st century. Holy books of these religions are savage, full of bulls.. and completely against scientific facts.

If you just want to learn what your ''good religion'' is; just read Testaments and Qur'an.

Anyway, this is my last post here. I won't argue with a troll anymore.
<<

Ironman727

User avatar

Mulatto Butts
Mulatto Butts

Posts: 3575

Joined: September 15th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Location: the Universe

Post November 15th, 2017, 1:50 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Haley wrote:Worshiping Lav-Lav would be a pagan religion, lol, so it would be something that you would do remember, lol. You are the pagan religion lover, here, buddy, remember, lol. :)

Remember, I know my history, so don't mess with me on that, lol. :) You still haven't addressed my point about Christianity making people influenced by its morals nicer and kinder, lol. :) It was clearly evident in the past few centuries but there were pockets of it in the past, pretty big pockets, too, if you ask me, lol. :)

I already know about Christianity's and Islam's violent history, so don't lecture me, and I already told you that I know about that, so I don't know why you keep ignoring that fact, lol. :) I told you it a few times already, lol. :)

Obviously, I'm a Christian, lol. Maybe not obvious to you guys, lol, but to me it is abundantly obvious, lol. But my question is if God was a human or was held to human standards, He would be seen as probably the worst figure in human history, lol. I mean, drowning almost everybody in the whole world, etc., lol. And being able to prevent all of these atrocities in human history from happening and not doing it, lol. Yet, He is not held to human standards, and we are supposed to worship Him, lol? I just don't know what God is or is supposed to be, lol. :)

Oh, the above were just musings, lol. I am not sacrilegious, lol. Praise God! Hallelujah! :)


lol count: Over 9000! :torch: :rotflmao: :oops: :telefrag:

Haley wrote:A clear case to counter what you just said is Mother Theresa, lol. She was only helpful to the poor and the sick because she felt compelled by her faith, lol. :)


Mother Theresa was an evil bitch; one of the most despicable human beings to have ever lived.

I suggest you watch this.

Grrarrggh wrote:Millions, billions, of others have shared Mother Theresa's faith and not done the same. In fact, they've done the opposite and harmed the poor and the sick. Some of them have even used their faith as a reason behind what they did/do.


Actually they followed directly in her footsteps. She grossly neglected the funds that she received, was bribed to give criminals her blessing so that they were let off the hook, and the medical care from her institutions was abysmal bordering non-existent, instead the poor and suffering that she allegedly looked after died in worse care than had they just been left alone, due their being no qualified medics at any of her medical institutions. All her 'miracles' were proven fraudulent. She was a vile woman.
Image
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Part time Astrophysicist, full time Savage
<<

The Fifth Marauder

User avatar

Auror
Auror

Posts: 2075

Joined: December 9th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Gender: Male

Post November 15th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:Worshiping Lav-Lav would be a pagan religion, lol, so it would be something that you would do remember, lol. You are the pagan religion lover, here, buddy, remember, lol. :)

Remember, I know my history, so don't mess with me on that, lol. :) You still haven't addressed my point about Christianity making people influenced by its morals nicer and kinder, lol. :) It was clearly evident in the past few centuries but there were pockets of it in the past, pretty big pockets, too, if you ask me, lol. :)

I already know about Christianity's and Islam's violent history, so don't lecture me, and I already told you that I know about that, so I don't know why you keep ignoring that fact, lol. :) I told you it a few times already, lol. :)

Obviously, I'm a Christian, lol. Maybe not obvious to you guys, lol, but to me it is abundantly obvious, lol. But my question is if God was a human or was held to human standards, He would be seen as probably the worst figure in human history, lol. I mean, drowning almost everybody in the whole world, etc., lol. And being able to prevent all of these atrocities in human history from happening and not doing it, lol. Yet, He is not held to human standards, and we are supposed to worship Him, lol? I just don't know what God is or is supposed to be, lol. :)

Oh, the above were just musings, lol. I am not sacrilegious, lol. Praise God! Hallelujah! :)


lol count: Over 9000! :torch: :rotflmao: :oops: :telefrag:

Haley wrote:A clear case to counter what you just said is Mother Theresa, lol. She was only helpful to the poor and the sick because she felt compelled by her faith, lol. :)


Mother Theresa was an evil bitch; one of the most despicable human beings to have ever lived.

I suggest you watch this.

Grrarrggh wrote:Millions, billions, of others have shared Mother Theresa's faith and not done the same. In fact, they've done the opposite and harmed the poor and the sick. Some of them have even used their faith as a reason behind what they did/do.


Actually they followed directly in her footsteps. She grossly neglected the funds that she received, was bribed to give criminals her blessing so that they were let off the hook, and the medical care from her institutions was abysmal bordering non-existent, instead the poor and suffering that she allegedly looked after died in worse care than had they just been left alone, due their being no qualified medics at any of her medical institutions. All her 'miracles' were proven fraudulent. She was a vile woman.


Good point, lol. :)
Image
Image
Image
Image
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 535

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post November 15th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

I didn't see her mentioning Mother Teresa. A charlatan, fraud and worse, a despicable human.

I do not and cannot say religious people all are bad people. But the thing is; a non-believer can be a good person or a bad person while a believer can be turned to become a bad person by religion. All good religious people are (luckily) people that do not know religion at all.

Real Christians were Knights Hospitallers and Templars and crusaders, real Muslims are ISIS, all jihadists, real Jews are the ones following God's (YHWH's) word of killing non-believers as stated in the Torah, Old Testament as Christians say. Other people are just blinding themselves for not seeing what really a religion is.
<<

Ironman727

User avatar

Mulatto Butts
Mulatto Butts

Posts: 3575

Joined: September 15th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Location: the Universe

Post November 15th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:I didn't see her mentioning Mother Teresa. A charlatan, fraud and worse, a despicable human.

I do not and cannot say religious people all are bad people. But the thing is; a non-believer can be a good person or a bad person while a believer can be turned to become a bad person by religion. All good religious people are (luckily) people that do not know religion at all.

Real Christians were Knights Hospitallers and Templars and crusaders, real Muslims are ISIS, all jihadists, real Jews are the ones following God's (YHWH's) word of killing non-believers as stated in the Torah, Old Testament as Christians say. Other people are just blinding themselves for not seeing what really a religion is.


Give this man a medal.

And before anyone jumps down his throat, notice the use of 'real'. He's talking about the religious people who follow their religious doctrine word for word as instructed by their gods, not the ones who cherry pick certain parts to suit their own lifestyles and ideologies, or dilute passages so much that they have no connection to the original text of said passages. My favourite argument with religious people is when I point out a completely fucked up passage, and their retort is "Oh, but you don't understand what that means, you're taking it out of context"; no, I'm really not. I'm reading it exactly how it is written, and not from the perspective of your screwed up misinterpretation of it. Yes, Islam can be a religion of peace; if you get rid of like 70% of the Quran. Yes, Christianity can be a religion of peace; if you ignore the entirety of the Old Testament. etc etc.

Good religious people are the ones who ignore the evil parts of their religious doctrine, and focus solely on the few good excerpts.
Image
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Part time Astrophysicist, full time Savage
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1975

Joined: October 8th, 2014, 10:08 pm

Gender: Female

Post November 15th, 2017, 8:24 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Haley is missing my point (and maybe the others). Just because people use religion as a reason for doing good or bad has nothing to do with the religion itself. It's the person's choice. The person's brain. The person's conscience or lack of one. The person's internal morals. They may put doctrine from Jesus/Mohammad/Abraham/God/Confucius/Guru Nanak/Buddha/whomever but as the "reason" they do what they do but in the end it is all down The Person Themselves.
Image
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Posts: 3798

Joined: May 10th, 2014, 10:59 pm

Gender: Male

Post November 15th, 2017, 8:28 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Grrarrggh wrote:Haley is missing my point (and maybe the others). Just because people use religion as a reason for doing good or bad has nothing to do with the religion itself. It's the person's choice. The person's brain. The person's conscience or lack of one. The person's internal morals. They may put doctrine from Jesus/Mohammad/Abraham/God/Confucius/Guru Nanak/Buddha/whomever but as the "reason" they do what they do but in the end it is all down The Person Themselves.

Its called being "brainwashed".
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 15th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

MarsUltor wrote:I am not talking about good or bad Christians. There are really good Muslims all around me too but we also know ISIS. It's not about people, it's about religion.

Religion itself does not create ethics nor support ethics of 21st century. Holy books of these religions are savage, full of bulls.. and completely against scientific facts.

If you just want to learn what your ''good religion'' is; just read Testaments and Qur'an.

Anyway, this is my last post here. I won't argue with a troll anymore.


You were the one being a troll here. I acknowledged everything you said and you just ignored what I was referring to because you are completely ignorant of history and that is why you said the things you said which indicated glaringly your lack of knowledge of history. I was completely a class act and you were a douche in return, so I'm glad that you left because you ran out of steam the moment you engaged with me in this discussion because all you provided were insults from the outset because that was all you could do against my points, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 4:25 pm --

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:Worshiping Lav-Lav would be a pagan religion, lol, so it would be something that you would do remember, lol. You are the pagan religion lover, here, buddy, remember, lol. :)

Remember, I know my history, so don't mess with me on that, lol. :) You still haven't addressed my point about Christianity making people influenced by its morals nicer and kinder, lol. :) It was clearly evident in the past few centuries but there were pockets of it in the past, pretty big pockets, too, if you ask me, lol. :)

I already know about Christianity's and Islam's violent history, so don't lecture me, and I already told you that I know about that, so I don't know why you keep ignoring that fact, lol. :) I told you it a few times already, lol. :)

Obviously, I'm a Christian, lol. Maybe not obvious to you guys, lol, but to me it is abundantly obvious, lol. But my question is if God was a human or was held to human standards, He would be seen as probably the worst figure in human history, lol. I mean, drowning almost everybody in the whole world, etc., lol. And being able to prevent all of these atrocities in human history from happening and not doing it, lol. Yet, He is not held to human standards, and we are supposed to worship Him, lol? I just don't know what God is or is supposed to be, lol. :)

Oh, the above were just musings, lol. I am not sacrilegious, lol. Praise God! Hallelujah! :)


lol count: Over 9000! :torch: :rotflmao: :oops: :telefrag:

Haley wrote:A clear case to counter what you just said is Mother Theresa, lol. She was only helpful to the poor and the sick because she felt compelled by her faith, lol. :)


Mother Theresa was an evil bitch; one of the most despicable human beings to have ever lived.

I suggest you watch this.

Grrarrggh wrote:Millions, billions, of others have shared Mother Theresa's faith and not done the same. In fact, they've done the opposite and harmed the poor and the sick. Some of them have even used their faith as a reason behind what they did/do.


Actually they followed directly in her footsteps. She grossly neglected the funds that she received, was bribed to give criminals her blessing so that they were let off the hook, and the medical care from her institutions was abysmal bordering non-existent, instead the poor and suffering that she allegedly looked after died in worse care than had they just been left alone, due their being no qualified medics at any of her medical institutions. All her 'miracles' were proven fraudulent. She was a vile woman.


She wasn't a vile woman at all, lol. She was a saint. You are showing how ugly you truly are inside by broadcasting to the world how hateful you are towards someone that you don't know personally, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 4:28 pm --

MarsUltor wrote:I didn't see her mentioning Mother Teresa. A charlatan, fraud and worse, a despicable human.

I do not and cannot say religious people all are bad people. But the thing is; a non-believer can be a good person or a bad person while a believer can be turned to become a bad person by religion. All good religious people are (luckily) people that do not know religion at all.

Real Christians were Knights Hospitallers and Templars and crusaders, real Muslims are ISIS, all jihadists, real Jews are the ones following God's (YHWH's) word of killing non-believers as stated in the Torah, Old Testament as Christians say. Other people are just blinding themselves for not seeing what really a religion is.


You have a gross lack of knowledge of the things you are talking about, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 4:33 pm --

Ironman727 wrote:
MarsUltor wrote:I didn't see her mentioning Mother Teresa. A charlatan, fraud and worse, a despicable human.

I do not and cannot say religious people all are bad people. But the thing is; a non-believer can be a good person or a bad person while a believer can be turned to become a bad person by religion. All good religious people are (luckily) people that do not know religion at all.

Real Christians were Knights Hospitallers and Templars and crusaders, real Muslims are ISIS, all jihadists, real Jews are the ones following God's (YHWH's) word of killing non-believers as stated in the Torah, Old Testament as Christians say. Other people are just blinding themselves for not seeing what really a religion is.


Give this man a medal.

And before anyone jumps down his throat, notice the use of 'real'. He's talking about the religious people who follow their religious doctrine word for word as instructed by their gods, not the ones who cherry pick certain parts to suit their own lifestyles and ideologies, or dilute passages so much that they have no connection to the original text of said passages. My favourite argument with religious people is when I point out a completely fucked up passage, and their retort is "Oh, but you don't understand what that means, you're taking it out of context"; no, I'm really not. I'm reading it exactly how it is written, and not from the perspective of your screwed up misinterpretation of it. Yes, Islam can be a religion of peace; if you get rid of like 70% of the Quran. Yes, Christianity can be a religion of peace; if you ignore the entirety of the Old Testament. etc etc.

Good religious people are the ones who ignore the evil parts of their religious doctrine, and focus solely on the few good excerpts.


But you are reading it from YOUR own screwed up misinterpretation and taking it out of context, that is why religious people say that you are taking it out of context because you are, lol. I like how you like to bash a religion that you don't know anything about, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 4:45 pm --

Grrarrggh wrote:Haley is missing my point (and maybe the others). Just because people use religion as a reason for doing good or bad has nothing to do with the religion itself. It's the person's choice. The person's brain. The person's conscience or lack of one. The person's internal morals. They may put doctrine from Jesus/Mohammad/Abraham/God/Confucius/Guru Nanak/Buddha/whomever but as the "reason" they do what they do but in the end it is all down The Person Themselves.


You are clearly completely out of touch with how the morals of religions impact people, lol, so you should not speak on the topic because you are just broadcasting how ignorant you are of the topic. I'm a religious person and the morals of my religion has impacted me a lot, just like it has with others throughout history. If a religion inculcates people to be more charitable then the mindset of the religious community will be changed to be more charitable over time, lol. It is the zeitgeist effect, lol. If the spirit of the times, zeitgeist, is about, say, that slavery is immoral like modern America, then people's minds will genuinely think that slavery is bad (not everybody, of course), etc. Advertising takes advantage of this by trying to control the zeitgeist, lol. For instance, De Beers created the zeitgeist in the United States and elsewhere that diamonds were a highly-valued mineral, and now many people think that they are, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 4:47 pm --

Grrarrggh wrote:Haley is missing my point (and maybe the others). Just because people use religion as a reason for doing good or bad has nothing to do with the religion itself. It's the person's choice. The person's brain. The person's conscience or lack of one. The person's internal morals. They may put doctrine from Jesus/Mohammad/Abraham/God/Confucius/Guru Nanak/Buddha/whomever but as the "reason" they do what they do but in the end it is all down The Person Themselves.


I wasn't missing your point, lol. You are just wrong, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 4:54 pm --

raclle wrote:
Grrarrggh wrote:Haley is missing my point (and maybe the others). Just because people use religion as a reason for doing good or bad has nothing to do with the religion itself. It's the person's choice. The person's brain. The person's conscience or lack of one. The person's internal morals. They may put doctrine from Jesus/Mohammad/Abraham/God/Confucius/Guru Nanak/Buddha/whomever but as the "reason" they do what they do but in the end it is all down The Person Themselves.

Its called being "brainwashed".


You are brainwashed to hate religion. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 5:07 pm --

Muhammed improved the lives of many with Islam because his religion reformed many of the social ills that he saw as social ills. He can hardly be held responsible for how others centuries after him twisted and turned his religion, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 5:13 pm --

You are bashing Mother Teresa even though you guys don't know that much about her, lol. :)

Let me illustrate my point, lol. Harry Potter's grandmother is a vile, despicable, loathsome bitch. That is predicated under the premise that I don't know much about her, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 5:28 pm --

And you guys are missing my point that I already pointed out: when you inject political power into a religion, people will corrupt the religion. It has shown time and again that this happened. Mao Zedong originally had good intentions because he wanted to improve the lot of the peasantry but once he became a virtual dictator, he became corrupted and did horrible things, lol. Power corrupts, lol, mainly because the human failings of people in charge, lol. They do not have too utilitarian of a mindset and they don't always know what would be the best policy for an entire nation of people, lol. And politics in religion is hurtful because they make people choose sides and people inevitably have animosity, sometimes hate, towards the other side or sides, lol. The main reason why Luther's Protestant Reformation was so successful and brought about such kind changes was because he separated church and state, especially with his Two Kingdom's doctrine, lol. :)

-- November 15th, 2017, 5:31 pm --

I wish that you guys would read my points like I have read you guys' posts, instead of ignoring the things that I said and just spewing outlandish cartoonish hate just because you guys are on the other side, lol. :) This is supposed to be a discussion, not you guys showing how childish blind hate can be, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

Ironman727

User avatar

Mulatto Butts
Mulatto Butts

Posts: 3575

Joined: September 15th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Location: the Universe

Post November 16th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Well, here goes.

Haley wrote:She wasn't a vile woman at all, lol.


Actually, she was. But when you have the Catholic Church, government, and the media behind you, you can hide a lot; see for instance the pedophilia of the Catholic Church. You clearly did not watch the video I linked; why should we entertain your 'points', when you clearly don't do the same? Pot calling the kettle black, but I'm not surprised to be honest, hypocrisy runs deep within religion; can't even adhere to the principles your own god gave to you (Matthew 7:3).

Haley wrote:She was a saint.


Yeah, that means fuck all, sweetheart.

Why don't you have a gander at other so called 'saints', such as Veronica Guilani, Elizabeth of Reute, Maria Maddalena De’ Pazzi, Therese of Lisieux, Alphonsus De Ligouri and Augustine of Hippo, to name a few. Oh, and don't forget all the popes that covered up the pedophilia and rape that runs within the Catholic Church who are also saints.

Haley wrote:You are showing how ugly you truly are inside by broadcasting to the world how hateful you are towards someone that you don't know personally, lol. :)


Not really. I'm demonstrating that, unlike you, I am not completely blind to the corruption and delusion of religion.

Haley wrote:But you are reading it from YOUR own screwed up misinterpretation


Oh, this is going to be so much fun.

I'm going to list a number of bible chapters/verses, and if you want to argue the fact that I'm misinterpreting them, be my guest. However, if you don't, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Deuteronomy 3 - Your god orders the deaths of every man, woman and child in each city (while we're at it, I'll throw Joshua 6 in here as well; same shit). Which is curious, because that same god of yours claims that a child should not be held accountable for the sins of a father, nor a father the sins of the child, and that they should not be put to death for it (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:19-20).

1 Chronicles 21 - god orders the deaths of 70,000 innocent people (see above points)

Judges 21 - god orders all men, women and children to be put to death, apart from the virgins; they're taken by the Jews and raped, then forced into wedlock.

2 Kings 10:18-27 - god slaughters a church, because they don't worship him.

Exodus 21:1-11 - selling daughter as a sex slave.

Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16 - child abuse.

Hosea 13:16 and Psalms 137:9 - crushing the heads of babies with rocks.

There are a few to get you started. Please, tell me how I'm misinterpreting them. And I can't wait for you to use the argument that the Old Testament was replaced the New Testament.

Haley wrote:and taking it out of context,


How is just reading a verse and understanding it for what it says, taking it out of context? I'm not the person who believes homosexuals should be stoned, nor women to be silent in church, or condoning both rape and slavery. That would be you, when you 'study' the bible and make up excuses and poor arguments along with gross mistranslations to fit into your own ideologies.

Haley wrote:that is why religious people say that you are taking it out of context because you are, lol.


Oh god, lol. You're so right, lol.

Haley wrote:I like how you like to bash a religion that you don't know anything about, lol. :)


Gotta be like the 100th ad hominem from you in this thread, but I'll bite.

I'm an ex-christian. I became an atheist because I read the bible, clearly, for the first time, without rose tinted glasses. I can recite the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. You tell me a verse, I can tell you the book and chapter. I was brainwashed as a child to hate on homosexuals because of the words in that bible. Don't you fucking dare tell me I don't know anything about religion; it ruined my childhood and my family is completely broken because of religion. Fuck you, and your untreated phenylketonuria.

Haley wrote:You are bashing Mother Teresa even though you guys don't know that much about her, lol. :)

Let me illustrate my point, lol. Harry Potter's grandmother is a vile, despicable, loathsome bitch. That is predicated under the premise that I don't know much about her, lol. :)


Perfect example of you moving the goalposts.

We don't know anything about Harry Potter's grandmother because the author hasn't told us anything about her. Also, that's fucking fiction. We do know everything about Mother Teresa, because of the internet and amazing journalism that uncovered the depths of her depravity. But considering I'm not sure you know how to google, I'll just smile and wave while you continue to live your life blissfully unaware of pretty much everything.

Haley wrote:And you guys are missing my point that I already pointed out: when you inject political power into a religion, people will corrupt the religion.


Political power wasn't what corrupted religion originally, though I'm not denying it has over the last few hundred years. The Old Testament is full of rape, murder and depravity which was instigated by your god.
Image
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Part time Astrophysicist, full time Savage
<<

Haley

User avatar

Haley
Haley

Posts: 13649

Joined: February 12th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Location: Los Angeles, CA

Gender: Female

Post November 16th, 2017, 11:52 pm

Re: Do you believe in God?

Ironman727 wrote:Well, here goes.

Haley wrote:She wasn't a vile woman at all, lol.


Actually, she was. But when you have the Catholic Church, government, and the media behind you, you can hide a lot; see for instance the pedophilia of the Catholic Church. You clearly did not watch the video I linked; why should we entertain your 'points', when you clearly don't do the same? Pot calling the kettle black, but I'm not surprised to be honest, hypocrisy runs deep within religion; can't even adhere to the principles your own god gave to you (Matthew 7:3).


I posted many, many points and you guys ignored all of them and resorted to name-calling at the outset, lol. And now you think I did the same to you, lol. Now you kind of know how it feels, lol. When confronted with good points, you guys show your true colors and just name-call, lol. And don't attack me with my own religion because you wouldn't like it if I did the same to you with your moral system, lol. :)

[/quote]
Haley wrote:She was a saint.


Yeah, that means fuck all, sweetheart.

Why don't you have a gander at other so called 'saints', such as Veronica Guilani, Elizabeth of Reute, Maria Maddalena De’ Pazzi, Therese of Lisieux, Alphonsus De Ligouri and Augustine of Hippo, to name a few. Oh, and don't forget all the popes that covered up the pedophilia and rape that runs within the Catholic Church who are also saints.[/quote]

Being made a saint does mean a lot. You only look at the bad side of religion but not the good, lol. You are very close-minded and are blinded by your hate of religion, lol. "Religion is bad" is too brainless of a mindset, a mindset that you clearly have, lol. Grow up, lol. :)

[/quote]
Haley wrote:You are showing how ugly you truly are inside by broadcasting to the world how hateful you are towards someone that you don't know personally, lol. :)


Not really. I'm demonstrating that, unlike you, I am not completely blind to the corruption and delusion of religion.[/quote]

Not really. I'm demonstrating that, unlike you, I am not blind to the good side of religion. You truly have a low-brow blinding hate towards religion that is comical because you are supposedly an adult but have such a retarded mind-set towards religion, lol. :)

[/quote]
Haley wrote:But you are reading it from YOUR own screwed up misinterpretation


Oh, this is going to be so much fun.

I'm going to list a number of bible chapters/verses, and if you want to argue the fact that I'm misinterpreting them, be my guest. However, if you don't, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Deuteronomy 3 - Your god orders the deaths of every man, woman and child in each city (while we're at it, I'll throw Joshua 6 in here as well; same shit). Which is curious, because that same god of yours claims that a child should not be held accountable for the sins of a father, nor a father the sins of the child, and that they should not be put to death for it (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:19-20).

1 Chronicles 21 - god orders the deaths of 70,000 innocent people (see above points)

Judges 21 - god orders all men, women and children to be put to death, apart from the virgins; they're taken by the Jews and raped, then forced into wedlock.

2 Kings 10:18-27 - god slaughters a church, because they don't worship him.

Exodus 21:1-11 - selling daughter as a sex slave.

Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16 - child abuse.

Hosea 13:16 and Psalms 137:9 - crushing the heads of babies with rocks.

There are a few to get you started. Please, tell me how I'm misinterpreting them. And I can't wait for you to use the argument that the Old Testament was replaced the New Testament.[/quote]

I don't know what those original verses were, so I don't know how accurate your interpretations of them are. And so what if there are passages in the Bible that seem fucked up to you, lol, some nobody on the Internet, lol. Would you give a crap if you wrote a Masters Thesis and I found some passages in it "fucked up"? I don't think so. Just like you wouldn't give a shit about what I think were "fucked up" in your hypothetical paper, I don't give a fuck what you think is "fucked up" in the Bible. Don't criticize Christians for not adhering to the Bible like how you would like Christians to adhere to the Bible. Should I criticize you for not adhering to my dictate of how something should be done? If you fry an egg in a pan, should I criticize you for not frying an egg on the hood of a car because that's how I think you should fry an egg, lol? You would tell me to get lost if I criticize you for that with that criticism, so I'm telling you to get lost, too, lol. :)

[/quote]
Haley wrote:and taking it out of context,


How is just reading a verse and understanding it for what it says, taking it out of context? I'm not the person who believes homosexuals should be stoned, nor women to be silent in church, or condoning both rape and slavery. That would be you, when you 'study' the bible and make up excuses and poor arguments along with gross mistranslations to fit into your own ideologies.[/quote]

"Understanding" something is interpreting it. Every time you read something, you are interpreting it, lol. Now, "misinterpreting something" is a judgment call, lol. You accuse me of believing that "homosexuals should be stoned" and that "women are to be silent in church" and "of condoning rape and slavery." Okay. You don't know me and made heinous, baseless accusations. So I'll do the same to you: You, Ironman, are a pedophile who like to have sex with infants and are into bestiality and having sex with dogs and bulls. You also have raped your mother on numerous occasions. If I am those things that you accused me of then you are those things I accused you of, lol. :)

Haley wrote:that is why religious people say that you are taking it out of context because you are, lol.


Oh god, lol. You're so right, lol.

Haley wrote:I like how you like to bash a religion that you don't know anything about, lol. :)


Gotta be like the 100th ad hominem from you in this thread, but I'll bite.

I'm an ex-christian. I became an atheist because I read the bible, clearly, for the first time, without rose tinted glasses. I can recite the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. You tell me a verse, I can tell you the book and chapter. I was brainwashed as a child to hate on homosexuals because of the words in that bible. Don't you fucking dare tell me I don't know anything about religion; it ruined my childhood and my family is completely broken because of religion. Fuck you, and your untreated phenylketonuria.[/quote]

Don't you fucking say "fuck you, and your untreated phenylketonuria" to me you piece of gutter trash. Since you did, I'm glad that "religion" ruined your childhood. Yay for religion on that one, you cunt, lol. I hope "religion" scarred you for life. Fuck you.

Haley wrote:You are bashing Mother Teresa even though you guys don't know that much about her, lol. :)

Let me illustrate my point, lol. Harry Potter's grandmother is a vile, despicable, loathsome bitch. That is predicated under the premise that I don't know much about her, lol. :)


Perfect example of you moving the goalposts.

We don't know anything about Harry Potter's grandmother because the author hasn't told us anything about her. Also, that's fucking fiction. We do know everything about Mother Teresa, because of the internet and amazing journalism that uncovered the depths of her depravity. But considering I'm not sure you know how to google, I'll just smile and wave while you continue to live your life blissfully unaware of pretty much everything.[/quote]

Since all you did in that post is do a personal attack on me (basically calling me stupid and ignorant of "everything"), I'll do one on you: Your mother is a whore and your dad raped you, lol. :)

[/quote]
Haley wrote:And you guys are missing my point that I already pointed out: when you inject political power into a religion, people will corrupt the religion.


Political power wasn't what corrupted religion originally, though I'm not denying it has over the last few hundred years. The Old Testament is full of rape, murder and depravity which was instigated by your god.[/quote][/quote]

That's an over-generalization to be sure. I can over-generalize, too, lol. Colonial America was full of rape, incest, and pedophilia, lol. :)

-- November 16th, 2017, 6:54 pm --

Yeah, I wasn't able to quote properly and delineate what is my response and what is someone's quote, lol. :)

-- November 16th, 2017, 7:12 pm --

I came at you guys at first with respect and all you guys have shown me is blind hate for religion and were dicks to me in return. So, in subsequent posts, I was a dick to you in return, returning in kind. The lesson here ladies and gentlemen is that if you come at me as a dick, I'll return it. But come at me with respect, then I'll come at you with respect.

My denomination of Christianity follows the example Jesus set. If God feels that He needs to reform his religion, then He does. That is why Jesus came down to earth. Because God reformed the way sin is atoned. My denomination adheres to the teachings of Jesus because they are the reformed teachings of God. So, Ironman, don't purport to know what my denomination believes in because you, painfully obviously, do not know, lol. :)

Mother Teresa is a saint and a good human being. Sure, she has her failings just like all humans have but why do you guys focus solely on her human failings and not all of the good that she did, lol? Her human failings stems from the fact that she created a charity motivated by her desire to obey God, not out of true compassion for the sick and poor, lol. :)
Image

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

Ironman727

User avatar

Mulatto Butts
Mulatto Butts

Posts: 3575

Joined: September 15th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Location: the Universe

Post November 17th, 2017, 1:41 am

Re: Do you believe in God?

That was surprisingly easy to bait out.

I'm just going to quote this in case Haley realises what a mistake she just made and tries to edit her post (I've also re-formatted it for her, cuz she dumb af).

Haley wrote:
Ironman727 wrote:Well, here goes.

Haley wrote:She wasn't a vile woman at all, lol.


Actually, she was. But when you have the Catholic Church, government, and the media behind you, you can hide a lot; see for instance the pedophilia of the Catholic Church. You clearly did not watch the video I linked; why should we entertain your 'points', when you clearly don't do the same? Pot calling the kettle black, but I'm not surprised to be honest, hypocrisy runs deep within religion; can't even adhere to the principles your own god gave to you (Matthew 7:3).


I posted many, many points and you guys ignored all of them and resorted to name-calling at the outset, lol. And now you think I did the same to you, lol. Now you kind of know how it feels, lol. When confronted with good points, you guys show your true colors and just name-call, lol. And don't attack me with my own religion because you wouldn't like it if I did the same to you with your moral system, lol. :)

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:She was a saint.


Yeah, that means fuck all, sweetheart.

Why don't you have a gander at other so called 'saints', such as Veronica Guilani, Elizabeth of Reute, Maria Maddalena De’ Pazzi, Therese of Lisieux, Alphonsus De Ligouri and Augustine of Hippo, to name a few. Oh, and don't forget all the popes that covered up the pedophilia and rape that runs within the Catholic Church who are also saints.


Being made a saint does mean a lot. You only look at the bad side of religion but not the good, lol. You are very close-minded and are blinded by your hate of religion, lol. "Religion is bad" is too brainless of a mindset, a mindset that you clearly have, lol. Grow up, lol. :)

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:You are showing how ugly you truly are inside by broadcasting to the world how hateful you are towards someone that you don't know personally, lol. :)


Not really. I'm demonstrating that, unlike you, I am not completely blind to the corruption and delusion of religion.


Not really. I'm demonstrating that, unlike you, I am not blind to the good side of religion. You truly have a low-brow blinding hate towards religion that is comical because you are supposedly an adult but have such a retarded mind-set towards religion, lol. :)

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:But you are reading it from YOUR own screwed up misinterpretation


Oh, this is going to be so much fun.

I'm going to list a number of bible chapters/verses, and if you want to argue the fact that I'm misinterpreting them, be my guest. However, if you don't, then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Deuteronomy 3 - Your god orders the deaths of every man, woman and child in each city (while we're at it, I'll throw Joshua 6 in here as well; same shit). Which is curious, because that same god of yours claims that a child should not be held accountable for the sins of a father, nor a father the sins of the child, and that they should not be put to death for it (Deuteronomy 24:16, Ezekiel 18:19-20).

1 Chronicles 21 - god orders the deaths of 70,000 innocent people (see above points)

Judges 21 - god orders all men, women and children to be put to death, apart from the virgins; they're taken by the Jews and raped, then forced into wedlock.

2 Kings 10:18-27 - god slaughters a church, because they don't worship him.

Exodus 21:1-11 - selling daughter as a sex slave.

Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16 - child abuse.

Hosea 13:16 and Psalms 137:9 - crushing the heads of babies with rocks.

There are a few to get you started. Please, tell me how I'm misinterpreting them. And I can't wait for you to use the argument that the Old Testament was replaced the New Testament.


I don't know what those original verses were, so I don't know how accurate your interpretations of them are. And so what if there are passages in the Bible that seem fucked up to you, lol, some nobody on the Internet, lol. Would you give a crap if you wrote a Masters Thesis and I found some passages in it "fucked up"? I don't think so. Just like you wouldn't give a shit about what I think were "fucked up" in your hypothetical paper, I don't give a fuck what you think is "fucked up" in the Bible. Don't criticize Christians for not adhering to the Bible like how you would like Christians to adhere to the Bible. Should I criticize you for not adhering to my dictate of how something should be done? If you fry an egg in a pan, should I criticize you for not frying an egg on the hood of a car because that's how I think you should fry an egg, lol? You would tell me to get lost if I criticize you for that with that criticism, so I'm telling you to get lost, too, lol. :)

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:and taking it out of context,


How is just reading a verse and understanding it for what it says, taking it out of context? I'm not the person who believes homosexuals should be stoned, nor women to be silent in church, or condoning both rape and slavery. That would be you, when you 'study' the bible and make up excuses and poor arguments along with gross mistranslations to fit into your own ideologies.


"Understanding" something is interpreting it. Every time you read something, you are interpreting it, lol. Now, "misinterpreting something" is a judgment call, lol. You accuse me of believing that "homosexuals should be stoned" and that "women are to be silent in church" and "of condoning rape and slavery." Okay. You don't know me and made heinous, baseless accusations. So I'll do the same to you: You, Ironman, are a pedophile who like to have sex with infants and are into bestiality and having sex with dogs and bulls. You also have raped your mother on numerous occasions. If I am those things that you accused me of then you are those things I accused you of, lol. :)

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:I like how you like to bash a religion that you don't know anything about, lol. :)


Gotta be like the 100th ad hominem from you in this thread, but I'll bite.

I'm an ex-christian. I became an atheist because I read the bible, clearly, for the first time, without rose tinted glasses. I can recite the Bible from Genesis to Revelations. You tell me a verse, I can tell you the book and chapter. I was brainwashed as a child to hate on homosexuals because of the words in that bible. Don't you fucking dare tell me I don't know anything about religion; it ruined my childhood and my family is completely broken because of religion. Fuck you, and your untreated phenylketonuria.


Don't you fucking say "fuck you, and your untreated phenylketonuria" to me you piece of gutter trash. Since you did, I'm glad that "religion" ruined your childhood. Yay for religion on that one, you cunt, lol. I hope "religion" scarred you for life. Fuck you.

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:You are bashing Mother Teresa even though you guys don't know that much about her, lol. :)

Let me illustrate my point, lol. Harry Potter's grandmother is a vile, despicable, loathsome bitch. That is predicated under the premise that I don't know much about her, lol. :)


Perfect example of you moving the goalposts.

We don't know anything about Harry Potter's grandmother because the author hasn't told us anything about her. Also, that's fucking fiction. We do know everything about Mother Teresa, because of the internet and amazing journalism that uncovered the depths of her depravity. But considering I'm not sure you know how to google, I'll just smile and wave while you continue to live your life blissfully unaware of pretty much everything.


Since all you did in that post is do a personal attack on me (basically calling me stupid and ignorant of "everything"), I'll do one on you: Your mother is a whore and your dad raped you, lol. :)

Ironman727 wrote:
Haley wrote:And you guys are missing my point that I already pointed out: when you inject political power into a religion, people will corrupt the religion.


Political power wasn't what corrupted religion originally, though I'm not denying it has over the last few hundred years. The Old Testament is full of rape, murder and depravity which was instigated by your god.


That's an over-generalization to be sure. I can over-generalize, too, lol. Colonial America was full of rape, incest, and pedophilia, lol. :)

-- November 16th, 2017, 6:54 pm --

Yeah, I wasn't able to quote properly and delineate what is my response and what is someone's quote, lol. :)

-- November 16th, 2017, 7:12 pm --

I came at you guys at first with respect and all you guys have shown me is blind hate for religion and were dicks to me in return. So, in subsequent posts, I was a dick to you in return, returning in kind. The lesson here ladies and gentlemen is that if you come at me as a dick, I'll return it. But come at me with respect, then I'll come at you with respect.

My denomination of Christianity follows the example Jesus set. If God feels that He needs to reform his religion, then He does. That is why Jesus came down to earth. Because God reformed the way sin is atoned. My denomination adheres to the teachings of Jesus because they are the reformed teachings of God. So, Ironman, don't purport to know what my denomination believes in because you, painfully obviously, do not know, lol. :)

Mother Teresa is a saint and a good human being. Sure, she has her failings just like all humans have but why do you guys focus solely on her human failings and not all of the good that she did, lol? Her human failings stems from the fact that she created a charity motivated by her desire to obey God, not out of true compassion for the sick and poor, lol. :)



You can clearly see her implementing the principles of Jesus Christ and his Apostles ("turn the other cheek" Matthew 5:39 ; "fruits of the spirit... love.. peace... kindness... goodness.. self-control" Galatians 5:22-23 ; "don't use foul or abusive language... let everything you say be good and wholesome" Ephesians 4:29 etc etc) in the following quotes:

Haley wrote:Your mother is a whore and your dad raped you, lol. :)


Haley wrote: Yay for religion on that one, you cunt, lol. I hope "religion" scarred you for life. Fuck you.


This last one I'm just quoting out of context because why not? I never saw Jesus or Paul make such comparisons when they tried getting their point across to the non-believers and the Gentiles.

Haley wrote:You, Ironman, are a pedophile who like to have sex with infants and are into bestiality and having sex with dogs and bulls. You also have raped your mother on numerous occasions.


Christianity at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.
Image
THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Neil deGrasse Tyson: Part time Astrophysicist, full time Savage
PreviousNext

Return to The Leaky Cauldron

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests