FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Do you like Lavender Brown?

<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 29th, 2017, 11:55 pm

Re: Do you like Lavender Brown?

Lol, I like to go off topic too, you guys. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
<<

sportshp

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 30th, 2017, 11:04 pm

porseler wrote:I've been thinking about her lately and I can't precisely say if I like her or not. I think I like her character just in some situations. For example in seventh book. And what about you?

I think the problem with her character is in many ways she was a stepping stone for Ron and Hermione. I don't think we were meant to really like or dislike her if that makes sense. We weren't meant to get to know her either. It was really all about the evolution of Ron/Hermione romantically for as sad as that sounds.
<<

torrent56

First Year
First Year

Post December 2nd, 2017, 9:18 pm

sportshp wrote:
porseler wrote:I've been thinking about her lately and I can't precisely say if I like her or not. I think I like her character just in some situations. For example in seventh book. And what about you?

I think the problem with her character is in many ways she was a stepping stone for Ron and Hermione. I don't think we were meant to really like or dislike her if that makes sense. We weren't meant to get to know her either. It was really all about the evolution of Ron/Hermione romantically for as sad as that sounds.

Agreed. Before that she was just a typical teenage girl and behaved like one and then she was just Ron's girlfriend. It does seem though that with the exception of Hermione, all of the girls in Harry's year was severely underdeveloped (compare that with Seamus and Dean and Ernie for instance who aren't exactly main characters either). It would be better to just not have that meaningless Ron/Lavender and have the book focus on other things.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post December 4th, 2017, 12:48 am

torrent56 wrote:
sportshp wrote:

Agreed. Before that she was just a typical teenage girl and behaved like one and then she was just Ron's girlfriend. It does seem though that with the exception of Hermione, all of the girls in Harry's year was severely underdeveloped (compare that with Seamus and Dean and Ernie for instance who aren't exactly main characters either). It would be better to just not have that meaningless Ron/Lavender and have the book focus on other things.

I don't think Jo wanted any female child character to take away from her avatar Hermione.
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post December 5th, 2017, 2:33 am

I think of how symbolic of how little Lavender was thought of was that they thought that nobody would mind if they switched her from being black to being white. They figured that nobody would bat an eye and they were right. I mean, what if they did that Harry? Imagine if Jaden Smith (Will Smith's son) played Harry for Half-Blood Prince and beyond, lol, after Radcliffe played him for the previous films, lol. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.
Previous

Return to Characters and Creatures