Severus Snape memories: patronus

<<

Rose80

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 13th, 2016, 11:04 pm

Severus Snape memories: patronus

Hello,

I have a question about severus snape sending a patronus during the scene of the revelation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqyf-kJWwIg). First, I am sorry I did not read the book, just saw the movies...
During the revelation, and the famous scene of "After all this time? Always" we can see that Severus sends a patronus (the same as Lily) and Albus dumbledore is here to watch. It's at 3:17 in the video.

A few seconds later (3:45) we see Harry Potter receiving a patronus that will lead him to the Sword of Gryffondor, it just clearly means that it is the same patronus! But when Harry receives the patronus in the forest, Albus Dumbledore has been dead for a while so, for me, it is just chronogically illogical, isn't it? Is there something I don't get?

Thank you for your answer!

(English is not my first language, sorry for the mistakes, tell me if you don't understand!! Thanks))
:) :)
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post November 14th, 2016, 10:54 am

Re: Severus Snape memories: patronus

I may have completely misunderstood what you were asking, so apologies in advance if my reply doesn't answer your question...

It's Snape who sends Harry the patronus to find the Sword of Gryffindor. He consults with Dumbledore (with Dumbledore in a portrait form after his death) the best way to a) locate Harry, and b) give him the Sword.
<<

Rose80

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 15th, 2016, 12:38 am

Re: Severus Snape memories: patronus

Thank you that's exactly the answer I was waiting for! I didn't get that it was only a portrait of Albus Dumbledore, and I still think that (in the movie) it is really not clear.

Thank you for your explanation fifth marauder!
Have a nice day!

Return to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows