FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What would've been better?

<<

RetroStarz

Squib
Squib

Post August 30th, 2015, 7:32 pm

What would've been better?

What would've been better for Harry? Having Snape as a father, or having James as a father?
Would Harry be in Slytherin? Would he be in Gryffindor? Who knows?

What do you guys think?
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
<<

Englishhedgehog13

Second Year
Second Year

Post August 30th, 2015, 8:07 pm

Re: What would've been better?

Someone is going to say Snape and that someone is going to get shot
<<

RetroStarz

Squib
Squib

Post August 30th, 2015, 9:31 pm

So you're saying James? Why are you saying James? Give me a reason. Why not Snape? ;)
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore.
<<

Boira

First Year
First Year

Post August 30th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Oi! Where is my bullet?
Snape was all bitter and harsh towards Harry just because all that happened, Lilly's death and James' bullying. But if things had been different, we don't know what kind of father he'd have been.
Anyway, he knew a lot more about the Dark Arts than James, harry could have learn a lot more from him.

*Boira puts on kevlar and waits*
<<

RetroStarz

Squib
Squib

Post August 31st, 2015, 12:27 am

Boira wrote:Oi! Where is my bullet?
Snape was all bitter and harsh towards Harry just because all that happened, Lilly's death and James' bullying. But if things had been different, we don't know what kind of father he'd have been.
Anyway, he knew a lot more about the Dark Arts than James, harry could have learn a lot more from him.

*Boira puts on kevlar and waits*

So I'm assuming that you're not quite sure then?
<<

Superman

Second Year
Second Year

Post August 31st, 2015, 10:44 pm

RetroStarz wrote:What would've been better for Harry? Having Snape as a father, or having James as a father?
Would Harry be in Slytherin? Would he be in Gryffindor? Who knows?

What do you guys think?

Harry's father is definitely James, a child of Snape and Lily would be another person. That being said, what is your question, which one would be the best father or who should be with Lily ?
To both questions I'd respond James for obvious reasons.
<<

RetroStarz

Squib
Squib

Post September 1st, 2015, 12:49 pm

I think Snape would've because he had so much love in him, he was only evil to Harry because of James being a **** to him.
<<

NessaxGiyen

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 21st, 2015, 6:49 pm

Better for what or who? For the story it certainly would have made things interesting. There is a lot to consider here, for example if he had been his father and remained alive he would definitely had raised him and for whatever he may be to OTHER children, its very likely he would have been very different to his own child. Not a perfect father but a caring one. He wouldn't be spying that's for damn sure and perhaps less inclined to be such a pain in life; we would have seen a Severus that could very well be a different man.

As for Harry, if all the above remains he would have definitely benefited from having a father around. The only true father figure Harry had in his life in canon was Hagrid and SIrius. More so Hagrid but that's not a put down on Sirius, the man just had a very bad hand dealt to him in life and he couldn't be there for Harry as Hagrid was. (And I will argue anyone who says that Dumbledore was a father figure. Harry may have seen him as such at one point or another but his actions were disgusting) So if Severus had been his father and alive as he was in the books Harry would have benefited greatly from just having that constant in his life that all children need.

Now here is something definitely worth considering. What if Lily had been with Severus and they had Harry and it was Lily and Severus that died that night in Godrics Hollow? What if the roles of James and Severus had been reversed? I feel like this should be moved to the theories and speculation thread.
<<

The Byrd

Squib
Squib

Post November 27th, 2016, 6:18 pm

The connection between Harry and Severus when he dies is just too much. Snape for sure!

Return to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows