Post April 8th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Something interesting about Part two.....

Well maybe not super interesting per se. But, to me it was a little amusing. For all of us who have read the books, we know that in the last half of DH, everything takes place in a matter of weeks. Especially when the trio is planning the break in at Gringotts. It takes them quite a few weeks to sort out. But what's kind of funny about the movie part two, is that in a way, for those who have never read the book, it almost looks like it could have all taken place within a single day. So for the movie fans they may think that the last eleven chapters of the 7th book (minus the epilogue) all takes place in one day, rather than find out that it actually takes place over many weeks. Of course from the moment they break into Gringotts until the end of the battle of Hogwarts it truly was in a single day. But still, the movie makes it seem like the very beginning when we first see the characters at Shell cottage could be the early morning. And then their conversations with Griphook and Ollilvander could be the later morning, and then they quickly devise the Gringotts break-in and have it all planned by early afternoon. And then in the same day they go for it. It was just a funny observation while watching the movie the last time, which for some reason I didn't think about until now. We go through six previous films where the beginning to the end takes place over several months within a school year. And then movie seven it takes place for half a year. And then movie eight just looks like one day. Of course we know it wasn't, but like I said it just LOOKS like it. So I found that somewhat amusing.
"Their flesh shall nourish yours, their blood shall flow within you, as the beetle nourishes the lark so shall human nourish vampire."