FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Peter Pettigrew

<<

Jesusfreakwritergal

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 21st, 2014, 6:15 pm

Peter Pettigrew

Did it bug anyone else how he didn't die in the movie? He died doing the one decent thing he is shown to so, and the hand Voldemort gave him turned on him. That is an important detail.
<<

Rosalie James

First Year
First Year

Post March 27th, 2014, 4:04 am

Re: Peter Pettigrew

Not really. To me it wasn't that big of a deal because we knew that he died. I thought the scene was ok in the movie. It would have been nice to see Pettigrew die but it worked I guess.
Harry and Ginny 4 life.
<<

Thornunicorn

Night Wonder

Post October 7th, 2014, 9:46 am

But those annoying people that never actually read the books will never know he died. Well, they deserve it...
“Two hundred Romans, and no one’s got a pen? Never mind!” -Mars, the god of war
<<

AurorMarkonn

First Year
First Year

Post October 14th, 2014, 8:04 pm

I think it could and show have been shown. Maybe it would have been too..... i dont know, difficult to show? Then again, i dont think so. I cant see why they couldnt have added, at most, one minute to him coming down to the basement, getting strangled by his hand, harry and ron escape. One minute to show something important, not only on Pettigrews weakness, but Voldermorts further evil (as if we need it lol)
<<

Assassin

ANBU
ANBU

Post January 21st, 2015, 10:51 am

those annoying people actually didn't even care for peter :P. I was one of them xD
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post January 21st, 2015, 4:19 pm

Yeah, this annoyed me in the film. At least let us know that he died. I liked it in the book but it ties in to what Dumbledore says in POA (I think?) "The day will come when you will be very grateful you saved Peter Pettigrews life." But I don't think that line was used in the film for POA, so not necessarily needed in this film.
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 22nd, 2015, 12:33 am

The Fifth Marauder wrote:Yeah, this annoyed me in the film. At least let us know that he died. I liked it in the book but it ties in to what Dumbledore says in POA (I think?) "The day will come when you will be very grateful you saved Peter Pettigrews life." But I don't think that line was used in the film for POA, so not necessarily needed in this film.

I didn't even notice the scene, but I agree with your assessment
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post January 22nd, 2015, 11:06 am

APWBD1881 wrote:
The Fifth Marauder wrote:Yeah, this annoyed me in the film. At least let us know that he died. I liked it in the book but it ties in to what Dumbledore says in POA (I think?) "The day will come when you will be very grateful you saved Peter Pettigrews life." But I don't think that line was used in the film for POA, so not necessarily needed in this film.

I didn't even notice the scene, but I agree with your assessment

Which scene?

I've found the quote from Dumbledore, for the POA book : "But trust me.. the time may come when you will be very glad you saved Pettigrew's life."

I don't think this is mentioned in the film. I'm glad this was how Peter died in the books, though. He owed Harry his life, and that must've created some kind of magical bond between them which kicked in when Peter was suffocating Harry.

All this was in the books; maybe it didn't need to happen exactly like that in the film.
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 23rd, 2015, 1:48 am

I remember that part in the books for sure. I meant I didn't notice that Peter hadn't died on screen. I can't even remember him from the Deathly Hallows films. I agree that since they didn't use Dumbledore's original line in PoA, the Pettigrew death wasn't really needed. It would have only hinted to non-readers that Voldemort punishes those who feel things like regret, pity, or sympathy.
>>>Image<<<
<<

The Fifth Marauder

Auror
Auror

Post January 23rd, 2015, 3:42 pm

Ah right :)

In the film, he was hit by a spell by Dobby. The film makes it looks like Expelliarmus because his wand goes flying up to Dobby; "who gets his wand?"
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 26th, 2015, 8:06 pm

Oh yeah, Dobby was funny all throughout that scene. I forgot that "who gets the wand?" line.
>>>Image<<<
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post March 16th, 2015, 1:07 am

What was the point of introducing the hand in GoF if they weren't going to use it to kill him. That's the pointless crap we have to put up unfortunately

Return to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows