FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Why did they change the battle scene?

<<

Assassin

ANBU
ANBU

Post January 21st, 2015, 10:46 am

Re: Why did they change the battle scene?

the movies have to adhere to a time limit. They cant show everything, but they show enough that it is exciting a d makes sense.

I may be the only one, but I actually like the movies more than books.
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post January 28th, 2015, 10:19 pm

I just realised they only showed 3 short duels in the entire film and David Yates said he didn't want repetition when he left the battle out of HBP.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
<<

Assassin

ANBU
ANBU

Post February 17th, 2015, 5:56 am

I would've loved seeing a hippogriff attacking snape.
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post February 17th, 2015, 4:37 pm

Assassin wrote:I may be the only one, but I actually like the movies more than books.

Yes, you just may be.
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post February 18th, 2015, 11:30 pm

Assassin wrote:the movies have to adhere to a time limit. They cant show everything, but they show enough that it is exciting a d makes sense.

Seriously?!? What bits did you think were superior?
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post March 16th, 2015, 1:08 am

Grrarrggh wrote:
Assassin wrote:the movies have to adhere to a time limit. They cant show everything, but they show enough that it is exciting a d makes sense.

Seriously?!? What bits did you think were superior?

I think hes gone :crazy
<<

HEXMAN

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 23rd, 2015, 3:40 pm

Ihopetherespudding33 wrote:The ending was really awkward. I for one wish they did it the way it really happened from the source material, instead of doing things for digital and 3D effect.
Spoiler: show
I also got bored of seeing Priori Incantatem again. I mean that's something that should've never happened between DD and VOldy, and at this point shouldn't have happened between Harry and Voldy, because they both had different wands. All we saw is Voldemort and Harry dueling battling alone. There was no buildup to Harry trying to get Voldemort showing remorse, and using his real name. None of the Hogwarts staff or students saw it, and then he just vaporizes.
. So disappointed to this day. But then again, I lost faith in them making the books into movies after GOF.

Sorry if I am wrong but I thought that Priori Incantatem manifests the souls of those killed with Voldy's wand not that the spells meet in the middle? Therefore Priori Incantatem didn't happen again? I'm maybe wrong but that's what I thought it is?

Back to the question. I thought they could have found time to show that if Voldy repented then his soul could have repaired itself. I thought that was a key piece of information missing.
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post October 14th, 2015, 6:04 am

HEXMAN wrote:Therefore Priori Incantatem didn't happen again? I'm maybe wrong but that's what I thought it is?

Back to the question. I thought they could have found time to show that if Voldy repented then his soul could have repaired itself. I thought that was a key piece of information missing.

I don't think the films ever explain what priori incantatem is so people just assume its the same thing when the wands lock but they should have explained that you need the same core of wands for that to happen. This is what annoys me about the films is that wands don't lock in like they portray unless the wands have the same core which David Yates messed up. All the dialogue in the great hall was a must and should have been there as well. It basically explains everything
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows