FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Post Your Deathly Hallows Part 1 Movie Review!

Which option CLOSEST fits how you thought of the movie?

Movie was great! 4 stars
58%
Movie was good. 3 stars
30%
Movie was meh 2 stars
8%
Movie was bad... 1 star
5%

Total votes : 66
<<

granger041

First Year
First Year

Post August 14th, 2014, 10:58 pm

Re: Post Your Deathly Hallows Part 1 Movie Review!

I hated that the real critics gave it a bad review because it was a cliffhanger. Yes it's a cliffhanger. It stopped in the middle of the book.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 15th, 2014, 5:28 am

kurgan wrote:I gave it a 2. Lots of good scenes but dragged in others and not enough explanation in the story.Why didn't they show more of Grimauld place and their plans for breaking into the ministry.Hermione never takes the picture of Phineas Nigellus which is quite important.Where is Lupin?There is no explanation into how the death eaters found them when they fled the wedding.They could have cut down on the camping and i hated the radio playing all the time.The dance scene is cringey.Did they explain why Harry keeps looking at that mirror.How did the patronus know where they are?Where is Voldemort at Godric's hollow?Where is Pettigrew's death.They don't show Lupin turning up at shell cottage.Dumbledore's tomb is not at the school.

Thank you! Until now I hadn't found anyone else who agreed that the Harry/Hermionie dance bit was just wrong. Very out of character and out of the situation.
<<

Thornunicorn

Night Wonder

Post October 15th, 2014, 8:19 am

Really good movie! Some parts were a little low, but most of it was great
“Two hundred Romans, and no one’s got a pen? Never mind!” -Mars, the god of war
<<

wolfeinstein24

Second Year
Second Year

Post January 5th, 2015, 1:42 pm

To me it was average. I guess after reading the book and imagining it i expected a lot.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein.

It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. -Voltaire

Technological change is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal. --Albert Einstein.
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows