Snape, stalker? spoiler

<<

twizzler4545

Second Year
Second Year

Post July 22nd, 2007, 6:18 pm

Snape, stalker? spoiler

Spoiler: show
does anyone else notice that snape was stalking lily the first idk 11 years of her life. i wonder why they never ended up together. i think it was because he was friends with the death eaters
<<

mpmatrix117

Squib
Squib

Post July 22nd, 2007, 6:27 pm

yes in the memories Lily said she despised his friends... and he started to become uncontrollable... (calling her a mudblood) etc.
<<

chrischris

Muggle
Muggle

Post July 22nd, 2007, 6:41 pm

Wonder why she chose James though. Arrogant git ;).
<<

paukka

Muggle
Muggle

Post July 22nd, 2007, 6:53 pm

yeah, i mean if snape cared SO much about lily, then he must have tried to start a relationship with her at hogwarts.

I think her rejection or him (as a boyfriend, at least) could have been for a number of reasons 1. his association with death eaters 2. his fits of rage (calling her a mudblood) 3. snape's being a general outcast 4. snape being in slytherine, i mean i know there were interhouse relationships before ie: cho and harry, but slytherine and gryffindor? 5. last, maybe she just didn't like him "like that" i mean he wasnt the most attractive guy...
<<

Blagh.

Squib
Squib

Post July 22nd, 2007, 7:13 pm

I love Snape,he`s one of the best characters.I nearly cried reading his memories and how his patronus was the same as Lilys. :(
<<

potter2hotter

Squib
Squib

Post July 22nd, 2007, 7:20 pm

snape is a sketchy man....pissed harry put one of his sons middle name severus....
<<

mynameiskerry_xo

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post July 22nd, 2007, 7:38 pm

Lily & Snape had a magnificent friendship, Snape loved her so much. Lily probably just didn't have that same love for him.
<<

Nikaday

Third Year
Third Year

Post March 31st, 2015, 3:52 pm

Re: Snape, stalker? spoiler

Not only that everyone, and especially mynameiskerry, but it wasn't just because he associated with the death eaters. From the time they first met, he had been nothing but a complete arrogant jerk and had already shown his disdain for muggles. The part that kind of pissed me off was when Lily was upset about her fight with Petunia and Snape just says to her, "why be upset? She's only a muggle?" The look she gave him was one of anger. I'm sorry but if I was Lily I actually would have quit our friendship right then and there after realizing what a horrible person he could truly be and how racist and hypocritical he was. I'm surprised Lily never said something like "don't you dare say that about my sister! If she's just a muggle to you, then so am I since we come from the SAME family!"

So Snape was a death eater sympathizer, he called her a mud-blood, had shown his racist and prejudice disdain for anything to do with the muggle-world, was rude to her family especially toward Petunia and made mean jokes about it. With all of those reasons it's no wonder she "dumped" him as a friend and fell for James instead. Yes, James was terrible at first, BUT he changed and became a good man, and at least he was a believer in peace and equality with magical and muggle people.

(and yes, I know that Snape changed later in life and became a "good" man himself in many ways, but back in his youth, he was just an awful person. And Lily was finally smart enough to see that)
"Their flesh shall nourish yours, their blood shall flow within you, as the beetle nourishes the lark so shall human nourish vampire."
<<

Assassin

ANBU
ANBU

Post April 6th, 2015, 5:11 pm

does anyone else notice that snape was stalking Lily the first idk 11 years of her life.

Wat? Where does it show that he stalked Lily for the first 11 years of her life? Or stalked her at all?

Quietly observing someone in an extremely public place especially when a child is 9 yrs old is definitely not stalking in my books.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post August 20th, 2017, 9:27 pm

A nine year old child a stalker??
A boy with an abusive father. A girl who chose his enemy. I wonder why he joined the Death Eaters.
Snape was a dark character but wasn't evil.
Snape is not a saint. I mean in the first book it was believed that Snape was the bad guy and who would ever suspect poor stuttering Professor Quirrell.
Hermione always said he was on Dumbledore's side.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post August 21st, 2017, 4:55 am

Snape was evil until he changed sides. Even then, he was not a good character. He just changed side because of a woman, not because of numberless atroticities performed by Voldemort and his followers (including him)
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 20th, 2017, 8:26 pm

Snape is like the strict teacher would have in school.
Yeah, teachers can't bully students, but from a child's point of view its "Oh that teacher is so mean/hates me."

Pansy Parkinson is like the school bully.

Sirius's brother also changed sides but was murdered.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.

Return to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows