FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who should've had more screen time??

<<

Ziggy

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 2nd, 2009, 9:55 pm

casey77 wrote:yeah, he deffily could have been an extra...i want to know why they went right to hogwarts after getting the locket...rosemerta wasnt in the movie at all.

Maybe they thought Gambon would look stupid on a broomstick?

I would have liked Lupin and Tonks to get more air time, Harry could have asked Lupin about the HBP at the burrow and both of them could have given a general background on what was going on in the wider wizarding world with the Death Eaters and the kidnappings, deaths etc. Bill and Fluer couldv'e joined in there too, then they all should have turned up at the end to fight the Death Eaters at the school. Lupin also could have spoken about Fenrir Greyback to explain who he was.

Fudge should have got a mention, if not air time. He was a huge character last movie and in this one he just dissapears. Could have at least explained that he was no longer Minister of Magic.

Definately needed more of Voldemorts memories, with his mother and father and brother.

Neville could have done with being in the slugclub as well, not just a stupid waiter. I think he was in the book? We're not supposed to be feeling sorry for Neville still, he's supposed to be getting more self confident so he can whoop some arse next movie.

Movie should have been an extra half an hour long, imo.
<<

Bacchus

First Year
First Year

Post August 3rd, 2009, 5:15 am

I can live with Neville's role being next to nothing in HBP, because we all know he's being saved for the grand finale.

Anyway, normally I hate quibbling over minute details, but couldn't they have had Katie standing next to Harry and participating at the Quidditch tryouts instead of Ginny? It would've been a nice way to introduce her character, especially considering that she was later acknowledged as being part of the Gryffindor team.

My Edward isn't from Forks, either.
<<

CaitlynRadcliffe

Second Year
Second Year

Post August 3rd, 2009, 9:14 am

Malfoy...The only reason why I'm saying Malfoy is because they only gave you a little bit of information on what Voldemort's deed for Malfoy was..And not alot of information was given to let viewers know what was going on when he was practicing those spells...My parents and I all agreed that Draco Malfoy deserved more screen time only because of what his task was and because Malfoy was pretty much the center of attention half of the movie...in my opinion....
(I MADE MY SET!)
<<

Harry and Ginny

Auror
Auror

Post August 3rd, 2009, 11:01 am

Neville, Dursleys..Snape.

Harry James Potter
Ginny Molly Potter
<<

gw

Third Year
Third Year

Post August 4th, 2009, 12:58 am

ginny all her important scenes were cut out and every scene that made her special and showed us her changes were not included this is what made a large part of the movie bad imo we didnt see the H/G ship evolve
Image harry and ginny forever!!! <3

wand: 9" willow dragon heartstring
patronus: wolf
animagus: wolf again
<<

darv419

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 4th, 2009, 3:00 am

In my honest opinions, all these critics are based on good and true arguments, but also, the movie as it was, even though there weren't anymore classes than potions, and that the Weasleys should've had more importance, and Neville too, stilll was very good.

At least, it didn't just jump from the middle of the book to the end, like OotP. I think Yates redeemed himself, and i actually like this movie a lot.
Harry: He's got Padfoot!
Umbridge: What? What's he talking about, Severus?
Snape: (Arrogant look) No idea...
<<

mem

Hogwarts Professor - Snape

Post August 4th, 2009, 3:56 am

Snape. Draco. Both of them.

OK, to be honest, the movie could have had them reading the phonebook non-stop and I'd have gone. And enjoyed it more than I did. Honestly, they were why I went to go see the movie and the amount of time they got? Pathetic.
<<

Celestial Rose

Squib
Squib

Post August 4th, 2009, 4:21 am

Definitely Ginny. I wish they had showed more HarryxGinny development. Same with Tonks and Lupin. They didn't even explain how they even got together in the first place... it was too sudden.
<<

mem

Post August 4th, 2009, 5:39 am

Celestial Rose wrote:Definitely Ginny. I wish they had showed more HarryxGinny development. Same with Tonks and Lupin. They didn't even explain how they even got together in the first place... it was too sudden.

Ginny got too much screentime. Too much of the movie was too much unnecessary Ginny. They should have cut out 20 minutes worth of Harry/Ginny, replaced it with a 4 minute scene where Harry vents to Hermione how much he loves Ginny, and added a quick kiss somewhere with Ginny. The other 15 minutes could have given Lupin more time on screen (not so much developing his relationship with Tonks, but him as a character) and time to actually explain who the Chosen One actually meant and was.
<<

gw

Third Year
Third Year

Post August 4th, 2009, 5:27 pm

ginny with too much screen time? i think she had like 5 lines in the whole thing lol and none of which followed the book at all. they should have cut the burrow attack scene, and cut the RoR scene then added the scene where ron and harry find ginny kissing dean then the scene where ginny kisses harry after the quidditch game. both scenes are the most important for her and harry and yet both were cut and replaced with crappy and pitiful attempts at romance
Image harry and ginny forever!!! <3

wand: 9" willow dragon heartstring
patronus: wolf
animagus: wolf again
<<

mem

Post August 4th, 2009, 5:50 pm

gw wrote:both were cut and replaced with crappy and pitiful attempts at romance

And yet so much more important things were cut, such as ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT WHO THE CHOSEN ONE WAS. They could have had a scene where Harry recites the prophesy again to Dumbledore and says "so that's it then. I'm definitely going to have to kill Voldy. Either he dies... or I do". That is way more important than any romance.

Giving Snape more time on screen I think was more important than Harry/Ginny. They needed to put in a DADA lesson, give time for Snape to look like a bastard, and time for Harry to put more doubt in Snape. Then to have a scene where DD says "I trust Severus with everything" or something. Would have made Snape's "betrayal" much better.

They could have taken 20 minutes out of the movie and STILL made Harry/Ginny work much better. Honestly. I think JKR did a poor job of portraying their romance, but it could have been done much better in the movie. I think they spent too much time on Ron/Hermione (which I love, BTW, but still, too long).
<<

Haley

Haley
Haley

Post November 14th, 2017, 2:54 am

Re: Who should've had more screen time??

Lavender Brown of course. And I'm not saying that because she is my favorite character. I'm being completely objective here. There was so much to her such as where did she buy her bangles, her relationship with Parvatti, etc. They left out so much in the films, which disappoints me. :)

My Facebook: Haley Michelle Arida
My Twitter: @mcpon14

If anyone wants to add.

Return to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince