FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How did Dumbledore know?

<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post May 19th, 2014, 2:59 pm

How did Dumbledore know?

After Harry returns from the graveyard Madeye takes him back to the castle.How did Dumbledore know it wasn't really Madeye and it was someone impersonating him? This is never explained
<<

Nynaeve

Jennifer
Jennifer

Post May 19th, 2014, 3:49 pm

Re: How did Dumbledore know?

I think it's not explained how Dumbledore knew in the movie because the movie audience already knows it's not the real Moody. It would be redundant, in my opinion, to have to explain it.

This is just another time we have to rely on the book instead. I think Dumbledore explains on page 680 of the US version of the book when he says:

"This is not Alastor Moody," said Dumbledore quietly. "You have never known Alastor Moody. The real Moody would have not removed you from my sight after what happened tonight. The moment he took you, I knew - and I followed."

Dumbledore has known Moody for a long time. "Moody" taking Harry away from the safety of the group was uncharacteristic of the real Moody's auror ways. Also, Snape had told Dumbledore earlier that ingredients to make polyjuice potion had been stolen from his stores. In my opinion, these two facts led to Dumbledore confirming that this wasn't the real Moody.
Thanks Naz
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post May 19th, 2014, 4:02 pm

Yea i know the books version.Was wandering if people who hadn't read the books would understand it? When i first watched,it was pretty confusing and i knew what happened already and then i thought i missed something.
<<

dreamer_x

Tenth Doctor's Best Companion
Tenth Doctor's Best Companion

Post May 19th, 2014, 6:26 pm

They probably just figured Dumbledore's an exceptionally smart man and knew more than he let on.
<<

HEXMAN

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 3rd, 2015, 4:51 pm

^^
Yes Dumbledore always seems to know about everything, I just think he is incredibly intelligent and almost impossible to fool!!

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire