FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hair

<<

Slytherpuff44

Squib
Squib

Post January 13th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Hair

Did everyone go through their rebellious, long hair stage at the same time, or is it just me?
<<

DumbleDoor

Squib
Squib

Post January 13th, 2014, 5:19 pm

Re: Hair

Haha, no it's not just you! The twins, Dan, Rupert... I'd rather see them with a little shorter hair, to be honest. xD
ImageImageImageImage
<<

The Prisoner of Azkaban

First Year
First Year

Post January 15th, 2014, 12:05 am

I've always been perplexed at everyone's hair for no apparent reason being long in GoF and then going back to normal in the next movie. I'm not sure if it had any actual reason behind it, and, if so, what that reason would be. It definitely wasn't in the books.
<<

Slytherpuff44

Squib
Squib

Post January 15th, 2014, 4:47 am

I guess it was just their ages. Around the time when you're 14 or fifteen we all do stupid things with our appearances that make us cringe in photos. I guess that's what they directors were trying to show the characters growing and trying new things.
<<

Lumiere

Albus
Albus

Post August 11th, 2014, 11:23 am

The Prisoner of Azkaban wrote:I've always been perplexed at everyone's hair for no apparent reason being long in GoF and then going back to normal in the next movie. I'm not sure if it had any actual reason behind it, and, if so, what that reason would be. It definitely wasn't in the books.

Mike Newell. It's the only reason I can think of even though I don't know how much of a say directors have on how the characters should look in each film. I really hated Harry's hair in this film. I'm sorry to say but his hairstyle was one of the reasons why I didn't like this movie.
<<

Brianne

First Year
First Year

Post December 18th, 2014, 7:46 pm

I suppose at the time they were shooting GoF they got in to an 80's craze. Or the next decade. I really can't remember the hairstyle fashion over the years :? .
<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post January 13th, 2015, 5:47 am

I was just disappointed that Harry didn't end up with longer hair by the end of DH2, the end of their year on the run. I always pictured him at the end with shoulder-length hair and slightly unshaven. A little more reminiscent of unkempt-Sirius.
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

Nikaday

Third Year
Third Year

Post March 16th, 2015, 4:42 pm

I was just disappointed that Harry didn't end up with longer hair by the end of DH2, the end of their year on the run. I always pictured him at the end with shoulder-length hair and slightly unshaven. A little more reminiscent of unkempt-Sirius.

Haha! You do have a point APW. Kind of interesting that both Harry and Ron don't look like that by the end of the film. Like you said, they had been on the run for most of the two parts, haircuts should be the last thing on their minds. And yet they still have short hair, and their faces for the most part have hardly any hair.

As for GOF, if I remember correctly the year starting around 2004, (which would have been around the time they started actually filming the movie) was when the whole "70's shaggy" look for young guys came back into fashion and was sort of the "look" for teen boys for the rest of the decade. So it could have been something the actors themselves were going for for the hell of it. But then if you think about it, it's makes it even funnier knowing that the films are suppose to take places in the 90's but oh well. Another funny observations is, pretty much all of the young male actors in the series (especially Dan and Rupert) have had identical hairstyles that match in EVERY film. It's kind of humorous.
"Their flesh shall nourish yours, their blood shall flow within you, as the beetle nourishes the lark so shall human nourish vampire."
<<

halfbloodprince

Third Year
Third Year

Post March 20th, 2015, 10:13 pm

APWBD1881 wrote:I was just disappointed that Harry didn't end up with longer hair by the end of DH2, the end of their year on the run. I always pictured him at the end with shoulder-length hair and slightly unshaven. A little more reminiscent of unkempt-Sirius.

Exactly! In the Shell Cottage chapter (I think), Harry sees his reflection for the first time in weeks and sees he's got shoulder length hair.

Regarding the hair in GOF, it is pretty weird how they go from medium/short hair in POA to long in GOF then to really short in Order, hahaha!
I think the only explanation is the directors may have wanted to show the viewers that the students was growing up and maturing. So maybe the hair made them look older, more mature, i'm not sure.
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." ~ Albus Dumbledore

<<

Bucko

The Marauder
The Marauder

Post March 22nd, 2015, 12:30 am

halfbloodprince wrote:
APWBD1881 wrote:I was just disappointed that Harry didn't end up with longer hair by the end of DH2, the end of their year on the run. I always pictured him at the end with shoulder-length hair and slightly unshaven. A little more reminiscent of unkempt-Sirius.

Exactly! In the Shell Cottage chapter (I think), Harry sees his reflection for the first time in weeks and sees he's got shoulder length hair.

Yes this is the spot in the book that sticks out to me. I can't recall off hand if they mention Hermione ever cutting their hair, but I always imagine the Marauder's had longer hair like that and that he began resembling them by the end of his adventure.
>>>Image<<<
>>>>>>>>... the artist formerly known as APWBD1881.<<<<<<<<
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post March 22nd, 2015, 1:40 am

halfbloodprince wrote:

No he doesn't. At Malfoy Manor he sees what he looks like after Hermione had quickly disguised him and she'd given him shoulder length hair. It wore off just as his swollen facial features did. His hair length after is never mentioned.

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire