FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Ron and Hermion should have had a bigger part?

<<

pottergirl66

User avatar

Kimmy
Kimmy

Posts: 4550

Joined: March 2nd, 2008, 12:13 am

Location: Sitting in a quiet corner, reading.

Post November 12th, 2008, 11:57 am

Ron and Hermion should have had a bigger part?

In this film, there is absolutly no ron or hermione. I mean, they might have a few lines, but other than that, ron and hermione do nothing but stand in the back ground... what do yall think?
Sig by Yasmine
Image
Image
Image
<<

GinnyX

User avatar

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Posts: 32059

Joined: May 6th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Location: I'm in a New York state of mind.

Gender: Female

Post November 12th, 2008, 5:45 pm

I definitely think Rupert Grint should have been there more... I am specifically thinking of the bridge scene with Harry and Hermione. It made no sense for Ron not to be there.
<<

Misfit

User avatar

Metamorphmagus
Metamorphmagus

Posts: 6035

Joined: August 6th, 2008, 10:37 am

Location: Sandford, Gloucestershire

Post November 12th, 2008, 6:25 pm

GinnyX wrote:I definitely think Rupert Grint should have been there more... I am specifically thinking of the bridge scene with Harry and Hermione. It made no sense for Ron not to be there.

Same. I think Newell was just a Harry/Hermione shipper.
<<

GinnyX

User avatar

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Posts: 32059

Joined: May 6th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Location: I'm in a New York state of mind.

Gender: Female

Post November 13th, 2008, 1:53 am

Yasmine wrote:
GinnyX wrote:I definitely think Rupert Grint should have been there more... I am specifically thinking of the bridge scene with Harry and Hermione. It made no sense for Ron not to be there.

Same. I think Newell was just a Harry/Hermione shipper.


well, you know I think he is a H/Hr shipper, too. That whole movie just left me puzzled as far as the relationships between the characters go. I feel that Hermione and Ron got tossed into teh background... they were even there to help Harry to practice for the tournament. The character dynamics were all screwy.
<<

Hermione999

User avatar

Violinist
Violinist

Posts: 3265

Joined: July 20th, 2008, 12:57 am

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Gender: Female

Post November 16th, 2008, 6:06 am

I totally like the Goblet of Fire! So far, I think it is my favorite movie! Especially because I saw Harry and Hermione a lot of times together! :wink: :lol: I am trying to make you guys mad, really. :wink: JK (just kidding) Really, you know, I think the director didn't like the fact that he was going to direct Hermione and Ron kissing in the of the Deathly Hallows Movie. :lol: that's why he casted Harry and Hermione together a lot of times. :lol: (I am good at making up stories) You never know what the director might be thinking. Maybe he won't even cast the part where Emma and Rupert kiss in the Deatly Hallows. Who knows? 8)
Image
Image ♫ ♥ ♫
Image ♪ ♥ ♪
<<

GinnyX

User avatar

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Posts: 32059

Joined: May 6th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Location: I'm in a New York state of mind.

Gender: Female

Post November 16th, 2008, 9:46 am

Hermione999 wrote:I totally like the Goblet of Fire! So far, I think it is my favorite movie! Especially because I saw Harry and Hermione a lot of times together! :wink: :lol: I am trying to make you guys mad, really. :wink: JK (just kidding) Really, you know, I think the director didn't like the fact that he was going to direct Hermione and Ron kissing in the of the Deathly Hallows Movie. :lol: that's why he casted Harry and Hermione together a lot of times. :lol: (I am good at making up stories) You never know what the director might be thinking. Maybe he won't even cast the part where Emma and Rupert kiss in the Deatly Hallows. Who knows? 8)


The director who directed this movie isn't directing Deathly Hallows.
<<

ron.hearts.hermione

User avatar

First Year
First Year

Posts: 158

Joined: February 5th, 2008, 10:34 am

Location: Australia

Post November 16th, 2008, 11:57 am

GoF lacked the trio. We seriously didn't see enough of them together. I remember feeling so disappointed as there weren't many trio moments that defined their friendship and stuff like that.

And I agree with GinnyX, I don't see why Ron couldn't also participate in the conversation on the bridge!

Neil is definitely a H/HR shipper. Did you see the way Harry would touch Hermione during the Quidditch World Cup, and the way Hermione would kiss Harry after the second task! Made my blood boil.
Image
<<

GinnyX

User avatar

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Posts: 32059

Joined: May 6th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Location: I'm in a New York state of mind.

Gender: Female

Post November 18th, 2008, 6:11 am

ron.hearts.hermione wrote:GoF lacked the trio. We seriously didn't see enough of them together. I remember feeling so disappointed as there weren't many trio moments that defined their friendship and stuff like that.

And I agree with GinnyX, I don't see why Ron couldn't also participate in the conversation on the bridge!

Neil is definitely a H/HR shipper. Did you see the way Harry would touch Hermione during the Quidditch World Cup, and the way Hermione would kiss Harry after the second task! Made my blood boil.


Who's Neil?
<<

Simply Just

Mrs. Neville Longbottom
Mrs. Neville Longbottom

Posts: 3714

Joined: January 14th, 2008, 2:29 am

Location: Here and There, USA

Post November 18th, 2008, 12:12 pm

They're all bloody H/Hr 'shippers! Except Yates, he actually (sort of) stuck to the Ron/Hermione thing...
"Anyone can bring pen to paper. Only a true writer bleeds the ink." - Simply Just
"If there was no such thing as imagination, the bible would not have been created." - Simply Just
<<

ron.hearts.hermione

User avatar

First Year
First Year

Posts: 158

Joined: February 5th, 2008, 10:34 am

Location: Australia

Post November 19th, 2008, 2:49 am

GinnyX wrote:
ron.hearts.hermione wrote:GoF lacked the trio. We seriously didn't see enough of them together. I remember feeling so disappointed as there weren't many trio moments that defined their friendship and stuff like that.

And I agree with GinnyX, I don't see why Ron couldn't also participate in the conversation on the bridge!

Neil is definitely a H/HR shipper. Did you see the way Harry would touch Hermione during the Quidditch World Cup, and the way Hermione would kiss Harry after the second task! Made my blood boil.


Who's Neil?


Newell. Haha, sorry!

His directing is that bad, I can't even remember is name. :)
Image
<<

GinnyX

User avatar

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Posts: 32059

Joined: May 6th, 2007, 8:38 pm

Location: I'm in a New York state of mind.

Gender: Female

Post November 19th, 2008, 5:45 am

lol, I totally didn't guess that Neil meant Newell... you had me so confused. :lol:

Simply Just wrote:They're all bloody H/Hr 'shippers! Except Yates, he actually (sort of) stuck to the Ron/Hermione thing...


o.O

Chris Columbis added in the awkward moment at the end of Chamber of Secrets to show R/Hr.
And Alfonso Cuaron added in that hug in PoA... he set it up so that Hermione hung onto Ron and Dan was a third wheel... it was a nod to an adult movie he had made previously.
<<

oliverwood

User avatar

Vampire Goddess
Vampire Goddess

Posts: 6276

Joined: December 11th, 2007, 8:57 am

Location: where the kangaroos fornicate the koalas.

Post November 19th, 2008, 6:11 am

aww agreed, Rupert wasnt given much screen time :'( poor Rupey.
Image
<<

Smithy

User avatar

Second Year
Second Year

Posts: 208

Joined: January 19th, 2008, 10:51 pm

Post February 10th, 2009, 9:26 pm

I really liked this film, however i have to agree with you lot in the fact the trio wasn't in as much as i would have liked them to be.
Image
<<

ellis_bee

User avatar

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 696

Joined: December 27th, 2008, 11:30 pm

Location: in bed with yer maw

Post February 10th, 2009, 11:59 pm

I agree,
I liked the film but I definitely thought Rupert and Emma should have gotten more screen time.
Image HBC (L) . . . . . . . Am-e & EllisImage
- - - Image - - -
<<

chorne

User avatar

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 596

Joined: January 15th, 2009, 8:43 pm

Location: United States

Post February 11th, 2009, 6:17 pm

They had more more time in the books so it was all directors problems cutting their time out. Ron was more noticably left out to me.
Bloody Hell this is FUN!
Image
<<

beckylovesriddle

User avatar

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Posts: 612

Joined: July 21st, 2009, 8:34 pm

Location: France

Post July 23rd, 2009, 4:31 pm

GinnyX wrote:I definitely think Rupert Grint should have been there more... I am specifically thinking of the bridge scene with Harry and Hermione. It made no sense for Ron not to be there.


Yeah that bridge scene was very awkward and embarassing...
"If I say it myself, Harry, I've always been able to charm the people I needed."

Image
Image
Image
<<

Bacchus

User avatar

First Year
First Year

Posts: 189

Joined: July 31st, 2009, 3:16 am

Location: S.F. GIANTS COUNTRY

Post August 4th, 2009, 5:00 am

Hermione was left out of the CoS climax, and Ron likewise in PoA. It evens out.
Image

My Edward isn't from Forks, either.
<<

ShararaSharara

User avatar

Third Year
Third Year

Posts: 328

Joined: June 26th, 2009, 4:35 pm

Post August 8th, 2009, 3:01 am

Smithy wrote:
glowingeyesbeauty wrote:I know that Hermione and Ron are big charaters and that they are really important to the movies and the book, but they should of put more of Ron and Hermoines"love" in Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hollows..in the movie. I havent read the books yet..so I really dont know what's going to happen. At first I thought it was Harry and Hermione till the end, but I was wrong. I am so glad that Hermoine and Ron are going to be a pair. Ginny, is alright I guess. With her acting, she is prett good, but with her looks..I think Harry should deserves a better looking lady. As for Ron and Hermoine they seem like a really cute pair, but guessing for then in the future, they will have mini conflicts because of Hermoine's knowledge and Ron's clumsiness-which I think is funny....

I really like Goblet of Fire because it really shows now that Harry is capable to fight Volemort..Patterison did a really good job in GOF. But in Twilight he did a dreadful job..maybe he is more fit in a European movies..because of his accent..

If I hurt anyones feeling.I am sorry..Remember this is my opinion..Yours may be different and as a stranger I will accept..I hope you'll enjoyed my post and please reply..I would love to answer to your replies.


Even in the films you can almost clearly tell that it would be Ron and Hermione that ended up together. I really don't get what you mean about his accent because that frankly has nothing to do with it because he did a pretty good American accent, and his performance wasn't dreadful at all.

I meant in twilight..he has a british accent but he was suppose to have an american one..and he didnt do a good job of acting in twilight.and he realized that he didnt do well either.wow..i think that was my first post..
Image
Image
Image
ShararaSharara
<<

glowingeyesbeauty

User avatar

Muggle
Muggle

Posts: 1

Joined: June 14th, 2009, 3:04 pm

Post August 11th, 2009, 2:52 pm

ShararaSharara wrote:
Smithy wrote:
glowingeyesbeauty wrote:I know that Hermione and Ron are big charaters and that they are really important to the movies and the book, but they should of put more of Ron and Hermoines"love" in Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hollows..in the movie. I havent read the books yet..so I really dont know what's going to happen. At first I thought it was Harry and Hermione till the end, but I was wrong. I am so glad that Hermoine and Ron are going to be a pair. Ginny, is alright I guess. With her acting, she is prett good, but with her looks..I think Harry should deserves a better looking lady. As for Ron and Hermoine they seem like a really cute pair, but guessing for then in the future, they will have mini conflicts because of Hermoine's knowledge and Ron's clumsiness-which I think is funny....

I really like Goblet of Fire because it really shows now that Harry is capable to fight Volemort..Patterison did a really good job in GOF. But in Twilight he did a dreadful job..maybe he is more fit in a European movies..because of his accent..

If I hurt anyones feeling.I am sorry..Remember this is my opinion..Yours may be different and as a stranger I will accept..I hope you'll enjoyed my post and please reply..I would love to answer to your replies.


Even in the films you can almost clearly tell that it would be Ron and Hermione that ended up together. I really don't get what you mean about his accent because that frankly has nothing to do with it because he did a pretty good American accent, and his performance wasn't dreadful at all.

she meant in twilight..he has a british accent but he was suppose to have an american one..and he didnt do a good job of acting in twilight.and he realized that he didnt do well either.wow....
GlowingEyesBeauty
<<

Harry and Ginny

User avatar

Auror
Auror

Posts: 1300

Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 1:23 pm

Location: United Kingdom et France

Post August 11th, 2009, 2:57 pm

Yeh, Maybe they should of had a bigger role.
Image

Harry James Potter
Ginny Molly Potter
<<

magelet87

User avatar

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Posts: 1590

Joined: March 14th, 2011, 7:55 pm

Location: Hawaii

Post May 24th, 2011, 2:36 am

I. personally, love Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. Not so much Daniel Radcliffe. I would have been happy for the whole movie to be about Ron and Hermione.
"Freckles, you taste like strawberries."- Sawyer, Lost

"Live together, die alone"-Kate, Lost

"Man in the sky, forbid!"-Anna's Mother, The Invention of Lying


Image
^^Thank you BellatrixObssesed!
<<

Great Wizard

User avatar

Third Year
Third Year

Posts: 321

Joined: April 5th, 2008, 10:25 pm

Location: Argentina

Post July 24th, 2011, 2:48 am

magelet87 wrote:I. personally, love Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. Not so much Daniel Radcliffe. I would have been happy for the whole movie to be about Ron and Hermione.


I agree with every word of you! Rupert and Emma are my favourite actors, I don't like Daniel, and I'd have liked all the movies to rely more on R/H realtionship. Thanks to God Yates directed the last four ones.
<<

Amanda

User avatar

The Potters
The Potters

Posts: 16409

Joined: August 2nd, 2008, 4:19 pm

Location: Michigan

Gender: Female

Post July 24th, 2011, 3:53 am

I think they should put more scenes of ron and hermione.
Image
<<

Pensieve Seeker

Squib
Squib

Posts: 83

Joined: February 10th, 2017, 11:16 pm

Gender: Female

Post July 22nd, 2017, 2:30 am

Re:

ron.hearts.hermione wrote:*snip*
Neil is definitely a H/HR shipper. Did you see the way Harry would touch Hermione during the Quidditch World Cup, and the way Hermione would kiss Harry after the second task! Made my blood boil.


Hermione kissing Harry on top of the head made your blood boil?
<<

MarsUltor

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Posts: 570

Joined: July 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Location: Istanbul/Turkey

Gender: Male

Post July 22nd, 2017, 6:27 am

Re: Ron and Hermion should have had a bigger part?

Director was surely H/Hr shipper

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest