FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who thinks Goblet Of Fire is disappointing?

<<

Lumiere

Albus
Albus

Post August 11th, 2014, 11:35 am

Re: Who thinks Goblet Of Fire is disappointing?

Besides the Dumbledore scenes which were ridiculous, the one scene from the book I really wanted to see happen in the film was when Molly was at the hospital wing with Harry. I so wanted to see Molly giving him the most motherly hug ever (as described by Harry) when Harry was blaming himself for Cedric's death. That would have been a very touching scene to watch.
Last edited by Lumiere on August 11th, 2014, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

omgbbbubbles

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 11th, 2014, 3:54 pm

It wasn't the worst movie, but I was kinda disappointed with all of them except DH2
<<

TheOldWitche

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 15th, 2014, 1:32 pm

Just look at it yesterday (for the ... I do not remember how many times). I must be clear, I love all the HP movies. All of them take me to my dream world.
But, this one is desapointing, for sure. So many many wonderful things that are in the book have been skiped in the movie... a lot of the magic...
Nevertheless, I 'm thinking how much difficult this film was to shoot, and finaly I admire the simple fact that it was made. And not so badly.
But, a lot of things are kirky all along..... for sure not the best of the saga !
<<

Lumiere

Albus
Albus

Post August 15th, 2014, 2:18 pm

TheOldWitche wrote:Nevertheless, I 'm thinking how much difficult this film was to shoot, and finaly I admire the simple fact that it was made.

Great positive thinking. I find myself agreeing. :)
<<

TheOldWitche

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 15th, 2014, 8:19 pm

lumiere15 wrote:
TheOldWitche wrote:Nevertheless, I 'm thinking how much difficult this film was to shoot, and finaly I admire the simple fact that it was made.

Great positive thinking. I find myself agreeing. :)
Cheers !
<<

Celestina Black

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post August 27th, 2014, 7:14 pm

I heard that a lot of people didn't like the PoA movie, but for me the GoF was the worst. Keep in mind that I'm reading the OotP right now so I don't know the movies after GoF. The director seemed to just jump past everything & just rush to the tournament.

Image Image

"You are my son, from tip to tail." - JR Ewing; Dallas
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post August 27th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Celestina Black wrote: Keep in mind that I'm reading the OotP right now so I don't know the movies after GoF.

You haven't seen the rest of the films after GoF yet? Just my personal opinion but they get a whole lot worse.
<<

Celestina Black

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post August 27th, 2014, 9:41 pm

I started the series when I was in 7th or 8th grade & after I finished GoF I was tired of Harry Potter, at this point in my life not much could keep me focused for long without getting bored, so I stopped at the OotP. I did watch all the movies a few months ago because I had no interest reading the books again, I didn't think I'd be interested in them anymore, but I'm reading them now & watching the movies right after I finish the books. I know that after I read the book & watch the movie I'll be more disgusted, but we just have to be patient :). My boyfriend said they get worse too.

Image Image

"You are my son, from tip to tail." - JR Ewing; Dallas
<<

AStrongShyGirl

Muggle
Muggle

Post September 5th, 2014, 8:08 pm

I don't think Goblet of fire was disapointing, it was a good movie. But I still think that they could've changed so many things to make me enjoy the film to no end.

Well, what?
Dumbledore - I don't think he was supposed to be the angry type but the calmly one? The way he shouts at Harry when his name came out from the Goblet of fire? That wasn't the Dumbledore I knew. Michael Gambom, read the damn books!
Ron - Ron's not stupid and don't have any feelings. The Ron I knew was funny, very emotional and kind. They have a such good actor to Ron, why not make him at least in character? Where was the Ron Harry'd miss the most?
Ron's and Harry's row - "Piss Off!" Yeah, because that's Ron.
Hagrid - I think the actor for Hagrid was brilliant. But do you remember that Hagrid was so flipped off because of that nasty article from The Daily Prophet? I loved the scene in the book, when Dumbledore said that he couldn't let Hagrid give himself up and stop working as a teacher. They also demamded here that it doesn't matter who you are, you are always good enough. Oh, good... in the film they're just walking in the forest and laughing. Why were you laughing there, guys? Don't you see that Harry's walking beside you and how upset he looks? :fire:
Harry's best friends - doesn't they seem a bit about bullies, don't you think?

That's most of the things that bothers me - but if I wrote everything it'd take the whole night. Good night! :toilet:
<<

Pensieve Seeker

Squib
Squib

Post July 22nd, 2017, 1:55 am

Re:

K-POPFanGurl wrote:*snip*
Maybe it was just Cedric's presence the entire time during the movie. I think they focused so much on Robert's character because they knew he was supposed to be a character in Twilight.*snip*

How can that be when Rob wasn't cast as Edward Cullen until Dec 2007, two years after GoF was released in theaters?

https://www.snitchseeker.com/harry-pott ... ght-52263/
<<

Samovila

Annamal
Annamal

Post July 22nd, 2017, 9:40 am

Re:

Arabella wrote:GoF is the worst movie of the series. It changed so much, and didn't entertain me enough to the point that I didn't care, like when I was watching OotP.

it makes no sense whatsoever for Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to be single sex schools.

we barely see anything of the foreign champions...particularly fleur

I can not believe that fleur is part veela...they really dropped the ball in the make up department there

Who is this Nigel person? what about dennis!

wooshing death eaters? ermk

we don't even properly find out what happened to crouch sr

what on earth was up with the ceiling bit at the feast? I still don't get it to this day.

That crouch jr tongue thing is just ridiculous

by already severely toning down hermione's hair they ruined her entrance at the yuleball. its like ooo her hair is up and she's wearing a dress. big whoop

the hair in this movie is atrocious

no creatures/obstacles in the maze! just moving shrubbery! I'm so scared.

we don't see the quidditch match!

why on earth was harry running back into the people fleeing the scene at the world cup? and then he just happens to pass out.

the sirius in the fire cgi was crap, and not how it was described.

Hermione has pms 24/7 in this movie

Aggressive Dumbledore for the lose

The Patil twins are in the same house. I guess they thought it would be confusing if Padma was in a different house...but really its more confusing that a girl how previously had no twin...suddenly has one...in the same house. so we should have known about it.

I'll leave it there for now but I'm sure if I took the time I could expand on this list.

^ This. I saw the first six movies before reading any of the books and I was so disappointed by the GoF movie that I initially avoided reading the book, skipping from PoA to OotP.

When I eventually read GoF, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

As much as I love the films, I feel that the visual effects are often prioritized at the expense of the storytelling. For me, the storytelling in the GoF film is especially poor, but even the visual effects are below par when compared to the other films (I agree that the CGI Sirius in the fireplace was a bit lame- the one used in OotP was much better.)

I know that a lot of people here don't rate the OotP film, but I much prefer it to the GoF adaptation, which I feel is the worst HP movie.
True Blue Ravenclaw
Pottermore Fan Forum Name: Samovila-FireBird
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post July 23rd, 2017, 2:57 am

Re: Re:

Samovila wrote: This. I saw the first six movies before reading any of the books and I was so disappointed by the GoF movie that I initially avoided reading the book, skipping from PoA to OotP.
When I eventually read GoF, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is.

Weren't you more than a little confused when reading OotP? Why did you think, after seeing the differences from PoA the book and PoA the film that there would be differences in GoF as well?
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire