FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Who thinks Goblet Of Fire is disappointing?

<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post October 9th, 2008, 12:07 am

Amanda wrote:
GinnyX wrote:
Simply Just wrote:It wasn't disappointing as much as it was kind of annoying because I swear the director was trying to do the Harry/Hermione thing.

NO NO NO NO NO!

I've said before to others and they thought I was insane....
that part on the bridge? wth, why wasn't Ron there? What purpose did it serve to not have Ron on that bridge?
The Yule Ball Brawl looked so forced, and of course Harry comes in and interrupts... I swear Newell is a Harry/Hermione shipper, it's the only reason I can think of as to why he kept trying to force them together in so many scenes.

What bridge?

The walkway thingy in GoF and OotP... the scene right before Cedric tells Harry to take a bath in the prefects's bathroom.
<<

Simply Just

Mrs. Neville Longbottom
Mrs. Neville Longbottom

Post October 9th, 2008, 12:33 am

GinnyX wrote:
Simply Just wrote:It wasn't disappointing as much as it was kind of annoying because I swear the director was trying to do the Harry/Hermione thing.

NO NO NO NO NO!

that part on the bridge? wth, why wasn't Ron there? What purpose did it serve to not have Ron on that bridge?
The Yule Ball Brawl looked so forced, and of course Harry comes in and interrupts... I swear Newell is a Harry/Hermione shipper, it's the only reason I can think of as to why he kept trying to force them together in so many scenes.

This is why I heart the books so damn much. The first two movies were amazing; after that...forget it. :roll:
"Anyone can bring pen to paper. Only a true writer bleeds the ink." - Simply Just
"If there was no such thing as imagination, the bible would not have been created." - Simply Just
<<

EmzehP

Second Year
Second Year

Post October 12th, 2008, 2:11 pm

Well, yeah... the bits I loved weren't in it :) But it was alrate :D
<<

The Pheonix

First Year
First Year

Post October 12th, 2008, 2:16 pm

To be Quite honest i really Liked the film :)
Patronus : Hippogriff
<<

AnathemA

Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Post October 17th, 2008, 6:44 pm

The style of Harry Potter movies changed. Earlier it was like wow, the magical world with magic in it's magical being. But now it's like teenage life with magic. I think it changed partially because Harry officially enters puberty and because it symbolizes the return of the Dark Lord (I hope there's no more need for spoilers :/).
Post Count = Number of Posts + 1
<<

Amanda

The Potters
The Potters

Post October 18th, 2008, 11:16 pm

GinnyX wrote:
Amanda wrote:
GinnyX wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO!

What bridge?

The walkway thingy in GoF and OotP... the scene right before Cedric tells Harry to take a bath in the prefects's bathroom.

Oh :)
<<

Hermione999

Violinist
Violinist

Post November 16th, 2008, 6:08 am

I liked it very much! I think it was all perfect! It is my favorite movie so far, out of the Harry Potter Movies. :D
Image ♫ ♥ ♫
Image ♪ ♥ ♪
<<

DrusillaDarling

Squib
Squib

Post December 19th, 2008, 5:11 am

MEMEMEMEMEME! i thought it was bad!

it just bugged me because the left out all the subplots, and that was my favorite part of the book. and Krum and Fleur has like no lines. it pissed me off SO freakin' much *sobs* :torch:
Blog: http://theproblemistheclothes.blogspot.com/
The Problem is the Clothes, Not the Body
<<

Neader

First Year
First Year

Post December 19th, 2008, 10:52 am

Not really. I don't really expect much.
<<

rhysus

First Year
First Year

Post January 5th, 2009, 10:56 pm

When they are on the bridge at Hogwarts, and Hermione is telling Harry she is scared for him. That was such a H/Hr ship thing. Obvious.

Apart from the H/Hr shipping, I liked it, although I missed SPEW :(
Wand:11 inches, Elm, Dragon Heartstring
Patronus: Hippogriff
<<

Ranger618

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 13th, 2009, 8:45 pm

Lol, I almost forgot all about SPEW, i'm kinda glad to get rid of it lol, but yea this movie did lack something, I'm not sure what it was, it just didnt seem to be as great as it could have been. With that being said, I have watched it like 20 times lol.
In case your wondering.....Yes I am better than you
<<

SL213

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 16th, 2009, 3:40 am

I loved GoF.

LOVED it. besides PoA, its the one HP movie I never get sick of.

-SL213
<<

chorne

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post January 16th, 2009, 5:37 pm

I think the best way to answer the question would be: If you were not reading the books and only watching the movies it was really good, but if you aere also reading the books it is very disappointing since there is way too many differences. I know people who are only watching the movies and they liked it a lot even saying it was the best.
<<

SL213

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 17th, 2009, 2:12 am

chorne wrote:I think the best way to answer the question would be: If you were not reading the books and only watching the movies it was really good, but if you aere also reading the books it is very disappointing since there is way too many differences. I know people who are only watching the movies and they liked it a lot even saying it was the best.

I read the book after the movie....

I don't mind the things they took out.....sure, they left quite a lot...but, it made a great movie.

-SL213
<<

ellis_bee

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post January 17th, 2009, 9:08 pm

not me, i loved it.
first time we ever get to see Voldie,

who wouldn't love it?
Image HBC (L) . . . . . . . Am-e & EllisImage
- - - Image - - -
<<

chorne

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post March 6th, 2009, 8:18 pm

The movie was good if you had not read the book and knew what you were missing.
Bloody Hell this is FUN!
<<

the holy blood prince

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 13th, 2009, 10:17 pm

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the better part
<<

KingsMane

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 20th, 2009, 8:14 pm

this one is by far my favorite. i dont see how you could not like it
<<

K-POPFanGurl

Muggle
Muggle

Post May 10th, 2011, 1:06 am

People say that this is the best film of the series, but I don't think so. During the scene where they have to do the final tournament, idk why, but I found it a bit boring.

Maybe it was just Cedric's presence the entire time during the movie. I think they focused so much on Robert's character because they knew he was supposed to be a character in Twilight. If they focused that much attention on the other, IMPORTANT minor characters throughout the series, then I'd be much more satisfied.
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post May 11th, 2014, 12:21 am

Re: Who thinks Goblet Of Fire is disappointing?

They left out and changed too much,and the crouch/crouch jnr storyline should have been in there,it was one of the main plots of the book and a better story than what we got.
<<

Ihopetherespudding33

Squib
Squib

Post July 29th, 2014, 7:54 pm

To me the Dumbledore Pensieve scene, along with the Harry's dream scenes were highly disappointing, and not how they were in the book at all. You miss out on crucial information, because they didn't include certain parts in the movie. Also not to have Bill be in it or HBP was highly disappointing and makes it really awkared watching the scene where he was introduced in DH Part 1.It's like come on I have known and was introduced to Bill Weasley since book four, and we don't see him in film form until movie seven. I also didn't like the shouting Dumbledore, when Dumbledore is a calm and wise wizard. Like others have said the Moody tongue thing annoyed me too.
<<

Lumiere

Albus
Albus

Post July 29th, 2014, 11:46 pm

But it is worse for Charlie Weasley who didn't appear at all in any of the movies. Granted he wasn't in the books much either but for people who watched the films only and not read the books, they would think the Weasley family in the films are all there is - Arthur, Molly, Bill, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny. Which sucks and I would have liked if Charlie had appeared in GOF (or at least the wedding scene in DH1) to complete the family picture.
<<

Ihopetherespudding33

Squib
Squib

Post July 30th, 2014, 1:37 am

That is so true. It was ever so disappointing to not see the less talked about Weasleys. It would've been cool to see him involved with the Dragon Camp scene like he is in the book.
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post July 31st, 2014, 7:42 pm

What was with the part where Karkaroff goes into the Hall and closes the door? Why was Crouch Jnr sticking out his tongue like a lizard?
Barty Crouch just shows up dead out of nowhere is really confusing.
This film made no sense whatsoever .
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post August 11th, 2014, 9:27 am

The fourth book is much bigger than the first three so what people are saying maybe it should've been split into two movies like the last one. Quidditch match should've been shown in GoF part 1.

:lol: I have got a book about Order of The Phoenix movie and Nigel is called Colin.
PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire