I thought the same thing! I was like.."Gezz violint". lol
Gryffindor Prefect
<<

The Prisoner of Azkaban

First Year
First Year

Post August 29th, 2013, 3:04 am

Re: dombledore aggresive

That's exactly what I thought! Dumbledore never gets angry and shouts, ever. That's one of the most out of character things they could have Dumbledore do in general, but it's completely wrong for that specific scene as well, since in the book it's everyone else who's angry and making accusations, and Dumbledore is the one who remains calm and gives Harry a chance, not grabs Harry and goes "HARRY!!! DID YOU PUT YOUR NAME IN THE GOBLET OF FIRE?!?"

-- August 29th, 2013, 7:33 pm --

ThE_DaRk_MaRk wrote:well...if you think about it the whole movie was off.

Definitely true.

-- August 29th, 2013, 7:36 pm --

lipsof_a_devil wrote:gambon is a good actor, but just not right for dd. he can't pull off that despairing fear without dragging in that madman angry feel. so when i watch hpb, i'm sure i won't shed a tear when dd dies cuz gambon makes me feel nothing.

That was my exact thought. Dumbledore dying was good in the movies, because it meant that we wouldn't have to deal with this new Dumbledore anymore.

-- August 29th, 2013, 7:43 pm --

Herm0ine wrote:It's way different than the book. In the book, he was cool about it. Didn't raise his voice at all. Asked Harry if he did it..Harry said no & Dumbledore was like ''ok''. The original Dumbledore played the part perfectly. The new one messed up big time at that part, but he's got a little better in pt 5.

In movie 5 he snaps at the students, though ("don't you all have studying to be doing?!"), which is out of character again.

-- August 29th, 2013, 7:45 pm --

dingodile555 wrote:I hate Dumbledore in this movie. And the other films that guy has portrayed Dumbledore in. He just ISN'T Dumbledore.
Richard Harris portrayed Dumbledore perfectly in the first two films. He was a brilliant, loveable character and exactly as you'd imagine him from reading the books.
I think they chose the wrong replacement actor in Michael Gambon. Dumbledore used to be so loveable but now in the films he is just so aggressive and evil. Just not Dumbledore.

Yes! My thoughts precisely!
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post July 23rd, 2017, 9:30 pm

Make sure that you forget that the champions were supposed to be in an antechamber behind the Great Hall, once their name came out of the Goblet not the trophy room.

Also forget that Richard Harris granddaughter (or great granddaughter) would've disowned him if he didn't play Dumbledore.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

Pensieve Seeker

Squib
Squib

Post July 24th, 2017, 4:53 am

Did it ever occur to anyone that Sir Michael Gambon acted that part out as it was written in the script?
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 21st, 2017, 3:59 pm

Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire