FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Shrunken Heads

<<

dingodile555

First Year
First Year

Post November 20th, 2008, 9:07 pm

Shrunken Heads

I don't have a problem with them, infact they're one of my favourite things in the movie, but what's with the shrunken heads?

I sure don't remember them being in the book, I checked and I'm sure they're not. So why are they in the movie?
There's the one on the Knight Bus and several in the Three Broomsticks inn later in the movie.

What are your thoughts about them? And does anyone know the reason for their inclusion? Did the director have a passion for shrunken heads?
<<

Misfit

Metamorphmagus
Metamorphmagus

Post November 20th, 2008, 9:49 pm

It might just be a reason to put Lenny Henry in the film?
<<

carolineweasley

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 20th, 2008, 11:43 pm

I hated the Shrunken Heads. It wasn't in the books, and in the behind the scenes from the DVD, it ruined the entire interview, and just made it childish.

I think that the director just added it for a bit of humor on the Knight Bus. I wish they did the whole part about Harry saying that he was Neville, that would have given everyone a bit of a laugh :wink:
<<

dingodile555

First Year
First Year

Post November 21st, 2008, 12:35 am

Sorry I posted this in the wrong board, didn't realise that before. Woops.

I wish I had the special 2 disc versions (I only have COS and OOTP 2 disc DVDs, the rest I just have normal with no bonus features), I didn't know that the Shrunken Heads had a part in an interview. I'd love to see that, whether it's childish or not. :)

Yes, the one on the Knight Bus was probably just a reason to give Lenny Henry a role in the film. But the ones in the Three Broomsticks (I don't think they are played by Lenny Henry), I don't see any reason for them being there. They're just.. scary.

"Fasten your safety belts, clench your buttocks! It's gonna be a bumpy ride! Hahaha!"
I love them, although they are so irrelevant.
<<

GinnyX

Mrs. George Weasley
Mrs. George Weasley

Post November 21st, 2008, 5:45 am

I loved the Shrunken Heads. And JKR said in the dvd interview that she wished she had thought of them because she liked them so much. I think they were added in as a cute touch and I really enjoyed them.

!moved to PoA movie section
<<

flumphugger

The Crazy Brit
The Crazy Brit

Post January 29th, 2009, 8:04 pm

I think they were just added into the movie for comedy value :) I liked them. I haven't seen this interview that everyone seems to hate though.
music is life . live a fun one . listen to ska
"Faster, safer, more reliable, and with the same cool people: HPForums.org"
<<

chorne

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post January 29th, 2009, 8:08 pm

There was no real use for them. they left so much out from the book there was no reason to add too the movie. It did not add anything to the plot or storyline. Just a waste in my view.
Bloody Hell this is FUN!
<<

beckylovesriddle

Sixth Year
Sixth Year

Post July 22nd, 2009, 9:36 pm

carolineweasley wrote:I hated the Shrunken Heads. It wasn't in the books, and in the behind the scenes from the DVD, it ruined the entire interview, and just made it childish.

I think that the director just added it for a bit of humor on the Knight Bus. I wish they did the whole part about Harry saying that he was Neville, that would have given everyone a bit of a laugh :wink:

I totally agree. Loved the Neville bit in the books and would of loved to see it in the film. :)
"If I say it myself, Harry, I've always been able to charm the people I needed."

<<

Kein Engel

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 6th, 2009, 2:46 pm

I liked them, they were a bit disgusting, but funny still.
<<

Bacchus

First Year
First Year

Post August 6th, 2009, 11:05 pm

Re: Shrunken Heads

dingodile555 wrote:I don't have a problem with them, infact they're one of my favourite things in the movie, but what's with the shrunken heads?

I sure don't remember them being in the book, I checked and I'm sure they're not. So why are they in the movie?
There's the one on the Knight Bus and several in the Three Broomsticks inn later in the movie.

What are your thoughts about them? And does anyone know the reason for their inclusion? Did the director have a passion for shrunken heads?

They were put in there just for fun, to go with the "dark" theme the director had in mind for the picture.

I liked the ones in the Three Broomsticks ("No underage wizards allowed in here today. Shut the damn door!").

My Edward isn't from Forks, either.
<<

Burpboy

Squib
Squib

Post August 10th, 2009, 2:48 am

I thought they were a good addition, even if they weren't in the book.

"Take it away Ernie!" Also, the Knightbus was exactly how I pictured it.
"The Dark Lord will rise again! Throw us into Azkaban! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful!"
"Bellatrix wants me quite as much as she wants Harry. She tried very hard to kill me. I just wish I’d got her, I owe Bellatrix."
—Bellatrix and Tonks are love.
<<

harry_tom_albus

First Year
First Year

Location: probs in the living room listening to harry potter and playing COD

Post August 10th, 2009, 9:01 am

i liked them, they were a nice touch
<<

SophLed

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 24th, 2012, 9:06 pm

They're funny. :D
<<

Love

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 25th, 2012, 3:02 am

They're alright. I always thought that were funny in the movies and didn't really mind they weren't in the books.
<<

UnicornTail

Muggle
Muggle

Post January 26th, 2012, 7:40 am

chorne wrote:There was no real use for them. they left so much out from the book there was no reason to add too the movie. It did not add anything to the plot or storyline. Just a waste in my view.

Agreed! Hated them!! They didn't need to have comic relief in the movie... it was supposed to be dark
<<

MegaRemusLupin

Squib
Squib

Post May 5th, 2012, 12:37 am

I absolutely love them! It was a great cameo.
~Luna, Hermione and Lupin are simply the best~
<<

user224

First Year
First Year

Post February 10th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Re: Shrunken Heads

You want to know what the waste of plot was?
that whomping willow hitting the bird.
<<

raclle

Auror
Auror

Post June 17th, 2014, 1:11 am

Re:

UnicornTail wrote:
chorne wrote:There was no real use for them. they left so much out from the book there was no reason to add too the movie. It did not add anything to the plot or storyline. Just a waste in my view.

Agreed! Hated them!! They didn't need to have comic relief in the movie... it was supposed to be dark

This

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban