FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What did you or didn't you like about this film?

<<

AurorMarkonn

First Year
First Year

Post July 8th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Re: What did you or didn't you like about this film?

I really liked the movie, I actually put it on this evening oddly enough. I think it's done well.
The things I don't like, are just silly things that I imagine others did. Like for example, when Aunt Marge has a go at him over dinner, he shouts at her, then to show she's annoyed him, he stands there vibrating like he's stood on a drill, then his hair takes on a life of it's own, flying about the place, whilst the lights turn on and off.... I think that could have been done better.

Also, the bit when he finds out that Sirius was his god father in TTBS. He storms out, then just shouts at Hermione and Ron, "HE WAS THEIR FRIEND".... I think they could have done that bit better also
<<

green86

Squib
Squib

Post July 23rd, 2015, 12:20 am

PoA is my favourite film of the lot! Alfonso Cuaron did an amazing job capturing the feeling of the book, and I really enjoyed all the little details he included in it, visually. It's not the most loyal interpretation, in terms of a play-by-play of the book, but I feel it's the most honest (the tone and mood of it).
"But he's there! Potter's there! Someone grab him!"
Check out my thoughts as I re-read Harry Potter! http://potterette.livejournal.com/
<<

Boira

First Year
First Year

Post August 3rd, 2015, 9:27 pm

I liked the film as a whole, although there were weak points.
- Too much Buckbeak in it. All the hippogryff subplot was too long.
- OTOH, nothing is said about the Marauders. They could have elaborated more on their story, origins and the map.
<<

blueshadow

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 25th, 2015, 10:18 pm

My least favorite of the bunch. I really, really hate the way Lupin looked in werewolf form, just to mention a specific thing that bothers me with the movie.
<<

johnny19818

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 8th, 2015, 8:47 am

First of all I have to make it clear that this is the only movie which I have also read the book. It's true that some crucial parts from the book were missing in the movie. A big part is that when Harry found the way to reach Hogsmeade through the secret passage. All of a sudden we see Harry coming out from the pastry shop's basement without any explanation how he found the way. Additionally Black's present, the newest broom released, was not given to Harry in the middle of the movie as it is supposed to be, according to the book, and McGonagal didn't keep it fearing that is was haunted. Generally speaking, I enjoyed the movie as the first two ones. The scenes I liked most are the Boggart lesson and Lupin's transformation to werewolf.
<<

Khaleesi

Order of the Phoenix
Order of the Phoenix

Post November 8th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Everything just seemed way too rushed.

<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post November 10th, 2015, 1:18 am

POA is praised way too much IMO. The storyline is very, very rushed and unexplained, the acting is fairly bad from the young actors now on their THIRD film as the characters, Hogwarts itself is changed, muggle clothes are everywhere, the humour is forced and the changes from the book are all time wasters.
<<

eimeara

Muggle
Muggle

Post December 28th, 2015, 3:13 pm

In my opinion, the WORST film adaption of the entire series. It was so far off from book canon that I sometimes don't even consider it as the true PoA film. Alfonso is the WORST director to have directed a Harry Potter film just after David Yates. Oh, yes, I don't like David either especially his adaption of OotP but that's another movie we are talking about the atrocity that is PoA.

PoA was a GREAT book, and had so much potential. I am not complaining about any casting problems, I think those were pretty good as they were. But I hate the fact that they leave SO MUCH out of the film that was very important in the books. I remember walking out of the theater from two of the films and saying to my mother "I hated that movie" and it was for this movie and OotP. The two films that most people absolutely love, I hate because the directors did a half-crap job on.
<<

MetallicInferno

Muggle
Muggle

Post June 15th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I didn't like the film for the simple reason that it was too centered on Buckbeak. Yes, he played a vital role, but even the book focused on more than just a hippogriff. The whole Time Turner scenario at the end of the movie dragged on so much--I hated it.
<<

The Byrd

Squib
Squib

Post November 26th, 2016, 11:02 pm

It was the first time that darkness filled the majority of the film so I like it for that. We also meet a few of my favourite characters (Sirius and Remus.) It is kinda segregated from the rest of the rest of the series though so I'm not a huge fan of that. Also, we don't learn too much about Voldemort, which is a bit of a disappointment because he's the main antagonist in the series. Overall I like the film. It's not the best but at the same time, it's not the worst.
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban