FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dumbledore's Look

<<

SL213

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post September 2nd, 2008, 12:18 am

I personally love the newer DD better than the old one...

just my opinion.

-SL213
<<

Czubachowski

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 16th, 2008, 2:50 am

Absoultly not..

When i read harry potter I feel that Dumbledore has much more you know.. just much more dumbledorey. Lol

But in the 3-5 movie.. I dont like him, one thing that bothered me was.. the way he says silence.. 1-2 dumbledore made it much more long and silencing. but 3-5 dumbledore's silence is just.. be quiet kinda way. I dont like him But I do agree with everyone else that he is much more.. lively. and energetic.
Signatures are Stupid.:)
<<

Misfit

Metamorphmagus
Metamorphmagus

Post October 16th, 2008, 4:26 pm

What I don't get is why they've completely changed the appearance to grey hair and grotty clothes.
<<

hideisgod

Fourth Year
Fourth Year

Post November 17th, 2008, 10:39 pm

I hate the new Dumbledore! He's good but he doesn't fit. The older one was perfect.
<<

dingodile555

First Year
First Year

Post November 18th, 2008, 1:02 am

I've said this twice before in this forum during my short time here so far but I'll say it here too:

I hate the new Dumbledore.

Just not Dumbledore. Richard Harris portrayed the character perfectly. The new Dumbledore is just a moron, a detestable character who is nothing like the lovable, wise old man in the books (and in the first two films).
<<

Simply Just

Mrs. Neville Longbottom
Mrs. Neville Longbottom

Post November 18th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Michael Gambon is somethin else...and not in a good way.
"Anyone can bring pen to paper. Only a true writer bleeds the ink." - Simply Just
"If there was no such thing as imagination, the bible would not have been created." - Simply Just
<<

sG4RYt

First Year
First Year

Post January 2nd, 2009, 5:56 am

I liked new Dumby better than the other one... The first one looked kinda ummm old? I mean he walked slower and really didn't look like one of the most powerful wizards of all time... This new one does... I like him better but idk
<<

casey77

Squib
Squib

Post January 10th, 2009, 3:24 am

the new 1 is better, he deffly is more energetic.
<<

flumphugger

The Crazy Brit
The Crazy Brit

Post January 29th, 2009, 8:02 pm

Richard Harris was good at the calm, serene, quiet Dumbledore but I don't know if he could've pulled off the more powerful side. Vice versa for Gambon. I do like him - I think he pulls off the kind of RAWRRR Dumbledore (ike in the battle against Voldy in OotP). But please Gambon... just read the book lol. I wish he would play the normal, peaceful kinda DD better.
music is life . live a fun one . listen to ska
"Faster, safer, more reliable, and with the same cool people: HPForums.org"
<<

chorne

Fifth Year
Fifth Year

Post January 29th, 2009, 8:10 pm

Looked way too young for me, but they knew the movies were going to be spread out so they needed someone that would be around for the rest.
Bloody Hell this is FUN!
<<

Thepo3

Squib
Squib

Post March 17th, 2009, 9:39 pm

I think in POA we had to deal with quite a lot of changes to the HP films, the school, the uniform, flitwick and the biggest was dumbledore i really like Richard Harris more but i grew to like the Michael Gambon more and now that i have seen OOTP and the what i'm expecting from HBP and the DH i cannot see Richard Harris doing all of the fighting scenes the way Michael can so i'm happy that we got both, Richard for the first two and i think Michael came in at the right time to replace dumbledore.
Things for Roleplay

Name: Arin
House: Gryffindor
Other info: is an Empath and has uncontrollable Telekinesis
<<

Kein Engel

Muggle
Muggle

Post August 6th, 2009, 2:48 pm

I like Michael Gambon a lot, he seems so much more powerfull than Richard Harris. I cant deny Harris did the grandfatherly figure well, but he was sort of...senile? Especially since he was very sick during COS.
<<

kingirl89

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post January 4th, 2018, 8:08 pm

Re: Dumbledore's Look

Dumbledore 1 - Better for Dumbledores age, beard.
Dumbledore 2 - Was not aggressive in the third film, he did not shout that was after the third film. (Except for a spell)

Dumbledore in third film - Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. Let him sleep (When students are in sleeping bags in the great hall). Did what? *sings* (After the time turner)
The only loudest part I remember in the third film was the spell he used to save Harry from falling.

Goblet of Fire - Why were they in the trophy room, what happened to the room with portraits and a fireplace.
His conversation with Harry in the dormitory at the end of the film he wasn't loud and aggressive he mentioned about the curtains then the dark and difficult times, what is right and what is easy.

When he first came into the Ministry to Harry's hearing, about being late. In the fifth.
Facebook
Harry Potter
Book Series
People also like Twilight, Harry Potter (film series) and other books.
<<

ferfykins

Second Year
Second Year

Post January 4th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Re:

SL213 wrote:I personally love the newer DD better than the old one...

just my opinion.

-SL213

This.
<<

Aodhfin

Squib
Squib

Post January 9th, 2018, 5:34 pm

Re: Dumbledore's Look

I have to agree with the first post in this thread... New Dumbledore does look mean. :|

Old Dumbledore was much much better. He really came across as an ancient (and I mean that in a good way), powerful wizard, and truly wise. New Dumbledore looks/acts like he will backstab you at his first opportunity, and like he doesn't really like anyone at all. :P
Previous

Return to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban