2%

Total votes : 56
<<

AurorMarkonn

First Year
First Year

Post March 19th, 2016, 5:59 pm

Re: Most Hated Harry Potter Characters

I too voted Umbridge. I know people said youre meant to hate her, but then thats why she's my most hated. Peter is a very close second for what he did, but he started off as just a complete coward who f**ked his friends over, whereas Umbridge is just an evil and vile woman, through and through
<<

Hoochie Coochie

Muggle
Muggle

Post March 23rd, 2016, 11:51 pm

Rita Skeeter gets on my last nerve. She is and out and out B----.
<<

Harley Quinn

Imagine
Imagine

Post October 15th, 2016, 11:45 am

I hate Dolores more than Voldemort.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 16th, 2016, 12:08 am

I think we saw way more of Umbridge than we did of Voldy. That may contribute to why she's so much more hated.
<<

Arizeri

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 18th, 2016, 4:11 am

Im basing the decision on how much the damage they did aggravated me. So it goes to Rita Skeeter and Cornelius Fudge. Rita Skeeters spread of misinformation and how everyone ate it up somehow annoyed the heck out of me, and the way she'd try to ruin Harry's life and characters we liked just for a story made it personal. For Cornelius, I think I actually hate willful stupidity more than open viscousness, the way he panics when Snape shows him the Dark Mark made me want to smack him. These two, just by being themselves, softened the magical community for Voldemort to get a foothold.

I think I would have picked Umbridge right after reading book 5. But Umbridge doesnt actually cause much damage that I remember and I have to thank her for the amazing character development she brought out in our heroes. McGonagal being a complete badass, the Twins going to new heights, the students of all of Hogwarts going full rebel, and breaking Hermione out of her naive listen-to-authority ways and showing all how devious Hermione really can be. I think my hate of Umbridge was overshadowed.

Peter Pettigrew got somewhat punished for what he'd done, he loathes Voldemort and loathes himself. Also Wormtail wasn't as completely lost as Umbridge, he did want to modify Berthas memory instead of killing her and he hesitated to betray Harry enough for the silver hand to sense his disloyalty and strangle him to death. Wormtail betrayed James and Lily, and helped Voldemort to power, but James and Lily couldn't run forever, and Voldemort would have found a way back.

On a side note I cant believe some people picked Ginny, there is just no good reason to actively hate her. They must just like to hate other girls, or for meta reasons that arent her fault. She stands up for others true Gryffindor chivalry style, fought Death Eaters alongside her friends, and has awesome fiery red hair. Her faults only show in her exaggerated dislike of Fluer, but I can see that jealous little sister is sort of the reason behind it and no ones perfect.
<<

AstridElla

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 18th, 2016, 4:55 am

I never people disliked Ginny. How come?
<<

Deitus

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post October 18th, 2016, 1:44 pm

I chose Myrtle based on the films. She has an outright obnoxious voice.
<<

TheBoggartInTheWardrobe

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 19th, 2016, 4:19 pm

I'm sorry why the hell is Ginny here? Next to the likes of Voldmort, Umbridge and wormtail?
<<

Deitus

Seventh Year
Seventh Year

Post October 19th, 2016, 7:24 pm

TheBoggartInTheWardrobe wrote:I'm sorry why the hell is Ginny here? Next to the likes of Voldmort, Umbridge and wormtail?

There are those who hate her character as its portrayed in the book, because she comes across as a weak, fangirl type instead of using the opportunity to show a strong female love interest that is just as capable as Harry.

At least thats what people post here, I dont really care what kind of girl he is into personally.
<<

TheBoggartInTheWardrobe

Muggle
Muggle

Post October 19th, 2016, 8:45 pm

Deitus wrote:
TheBoggartInTheWardrobe wrote:I'm sorry why the hell is Ginny here? Next to the likes of Voldmort, Umbridge and wormtail?

There are those who hate her character as its portrayed in the book, because she comes across as a weak, fangirl type instead of using the opportunity to show a strong female love interest that is just as capable as Harry.

At least thats what people post here, I dont really care what kind of girl he is into personally.

What the hell?? I'm not even going to get into how annoyed that makes me :lol: :lol: How she is here ahead of the pure evil that is Bellatrix Lestrange I will never understand
<<

Remustonks

First Year
First Year

Post October 26th, 2016, 1:27 pm

I hate Umbridge the most followed by Peter, Voldemort, and Bellatrix. Umbridge is just plain evil.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post October 26th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Umbridge also seems worse because she has power that's official. Everyone else's power is what they've snatched and they're all reviled for it. Whereas Umbridge has the stamp of approval of the government and therefore the people.
<<

SaikaSlytherin

Muggle
Muggle

Post November 23rd, 2016, 12:27 pm

Umbridge is just terribly evil...

The pink hurts my eyes!! @@
<<

The Byrd

Squib
Squib

Post November 26th, 2016, 4:31 pm

Someone above me said it, and I soooo agree. Fudge should definitely be on this because I would vote for him. His denial all throughout the Order of the Phoenix gets on my nerves. But choosing from the list, Umbridge. She's just such a bitch.
<<

Shadowed Light

Squib
Squib

Post May 11th, 2017, 7:32 am

Umbridge definitely because initially she was supposed to be for the good side - it was just sad to see that instead of them all banding against Voldemort, they had fighting between themselves. I don't hate Voldemort or Bellatrix, if there aren't good negative characters, we'd lose interest.
<<

GinChaser

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post May 13th, 2017, 6:36 am

Well said.

I personally said the Durselys. Who the fuck does that to an innocent baby.

Wand: 12 1/2 " / Hazel/ Dragon Heartstring/ Surprisingly Swishy

Patronus: Horse(Dun in colouring)

Thanks dryad, you fantastic fish, you.
<<

Azura

Squib
Squib

Post June 14th, 2017, 7:07 pm

Like the majority, I voted Umbridge. It amuses me that she was despised far worse than the main villain.
When you're hated worse than an evil-cult-leading-mass-murderer, you know you've messed up lol.
SLYTHERCLAW
Pottermore: AvisNox17028
Previously known as Paxis
New account, new start
My Tumblr
<<

Goblet of Fire

First Year
First Year

Post June 15th, 2017, 10:20 am

I hate Umbridge but I hated Peter more. It is close though but I feel Umbridge is still more honest than Peter is at least in Deathly Hallows with the way she treats Muggeborns and all. Peter was supposed to be a friend who turned his back on James and Lily, sold them to Voldemort, was the reason Sirius spent 12 years in Azkaban, was the reason Remus spent 12 years lonely having lost all three of his best friends in the frame of 24 hours, was the reason Voldemort came back (along with Barty Crouch Jr. of course) and the second wizarding war started in the first place. He is honestly despicable. How is he in Gryffindor anyway?
<<

MarsUltor

Third Year
Third Year

Post July 4th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Umbridge for most of us, including me. After her;

Peter Pettigrew, Lord Voldemort, Vernon Dursley, Petunia Dursley, Severus Snape, Draco Malfoy, Dudley Dursley.

I don't like Percy but I do not hate him.

Who even hates Myrtle? She's just annoying. So does Rita Skeeter.

I love Ginny, she's one of my favorite characters in whole Saga.
<<

Grrarrggh

Hogwarts Graduate
Hogwarts Graduate

Post July 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

MarsUltor wrote:
Who even hates Myrtle? She's just annoying. So does Rita Skeeter.

Rita Skeeter is worse than annoying. Much worse. Her brand of evil is just as bad as Voldemort's.
<<

CursedChild

Squib
Squib

Post July 6th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Umbridge.
<<

Hufflepuff7

First Year
First Year

Post July 17th, 2017, 12:18 pm

I really hate Severus Snape. Lots of people just agree with Harry once they find out Snape was in love with Lily and assume Snape was a hero. I think he was cruel and heartless, and his obsession with Lily didn't stop him from joining the Death Eaters. As a professor, he treated most of his students terribly and held no remorse, picking on those of his students with low self esteem until he became Neville Longbottom's boggart. He was so petty that he chose to hate Harry just because he looked like James, and although James bullied Snape, he matured and became an admirable man whereas Snape allowed his past to turn him bitter, becoming one hundred times worse a bully than James ever was. Snape never matured enough to forgive James, therefore taking his anger out on his students.
Previous

Return to Potter Polls